[Q] Wi-Fi problem after kitkat update

Search This thread

Anique.ali

Jul 19, 2012
Last day I upgraded to kitkat my S4 lte Gt-i9505.
Now the battery life is 4 hours
Wi-Fi continuously drains battery when it is off even and all controls work fine
But when mobile is in flight mode Wi-Fi off means off
Without flight mode, Wi-Fi works fine, very fine, But battery stats show it's on even when it's off!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-15-12-39-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-15-12-39-07.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 63

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Wi-Fi continuously drains battery when it is off even and all controls work fine
Without flight mode, Wi-Fi works fine, very fine, But battery stats show it's on even when it's off!
Dial *#1234# and attach the screenshot pls :fingers-crossed:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
The firmware downloaded from SamMobile flashed with odin!
Is there any solution ? I've root access too.
1. Make a backup of your INTERNAL MEMORY to ur pc
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Wait till the phone reboot
4. Conect it to Kies 3 and tell me what appears close CSC

Anique.ali

Jul 19, 2012
1. Make a backup of your INTERNAL MEMORY to ur pc
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Wait till the phone reboot
4. Conect it to Kies 3 and tell me what appears close CSC

CSC: NC3 (ORX)
But when I was on jellybeans , It was an XXNBA sort of firmware !
I did that first! But S4 was heating with 10-20sec of use... Camera was not working and WiFi toggle was non-functional. And NFC was also out of order!
Then I flashed this firmware and battery is of no use!

Last edited:

liorbal

Nov 17, 2012
Dial *#1234# and attach the screenshot pls :fingers-crossed:

I am not the man who create this post but i have a problem too.
i installed the rom CM11 NIGHTLY for I9500 ad the wifi doesnt work.
when i dialed *#1234# it says :"connection problem or invaid mmi code."
i check *#06# and i have mmi code. do you know what is the problem?
sorry for interrupting...

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
CSC: NC3 (ORX)
But when I was on jellybeans , It was an XXNBA sort of firmware !
I did that first! But S4 was heating with 10-20sec of use... Camera was not working and WiFi toggle was non-functional. And NFC was also out of order!
Then I flashed this firmware and battery is of no use!
1. Go to Sammobile.com (maintenance now, you can go to step 3)
2. Sig and log in (maintenance now, you can go to step 3)
3. Download this firmware: HERE. Its the latest firmware for ur phone.
4. Unzip this firmware in ur pc
5. Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE
6. Open ODIN in ur pc and flash the firmware (like in the pic attached)
7. Wait for finish the process and ur phone will reboot
8. Enjoy it :)

Attachments

• odin2ng.jpg
    odin2ng.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 33

Anique.ali

Jul 19, 2012
1. Go to Sammobile.com (maintenance now, you can go to step 3)
2. Sig and log in (maintenance now, you can go to step 3)
3. Download this firmware: HERE. Its the latest firmware for ur phone.
4. Unzip this firmware in ur pc
5. Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE
6. Open ODIN in ur pc and flash the firmware (like in the pic attached)
7. Wait for finish the process and ur phone will reboot
8. Enjoy it :)

Lemme try this too ! Hope this solves the problem. I'll let you know tomorrow!

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I am not the man who create this post but i have a problem too.
i installed the rom CM11 NIGHTLY for I9500 ad the wifi doesnt work.
when i dialed *#1234# it says :"connection problem or invaid mmi code."
i check *#06# and i have mmi code. do you know what is the problem?
sorry for interrupting...
They updated the version yesterday. Install the new one: HERE

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Lemme try this too ! Hope this solves the problem. I'll let you know tomorrow!
Try to wipe all or factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything) before do all that process for avoid problems.

Last edited:

liorbal

Nov 17, 2012
1. Make a backup of ur Internal Card
2. Go custom recovery and WIPE all (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
3. Reboot and tell me if you have wifi again :)
ok , thank you very much for helping. ill try to wipe all tomorrow because im going out of home soon and i want to for with a working phone (something can happen to the phone when wiping and installing rom with recovery).
can you help me tomorrow? ill ask you if there is a problem?
edit: should i wipe and install the rom again by recovery or only wipe?
thnx :)

Last edited:

JuniorGG

Jun 2, 2011
Venice

AFAIK this wi-fi on even when it's meant to be off is not a bug, but a "feature" introduced by google in kitkat. It is always left on regardless of user will in order to get better precision in the determination of location, in google maps and similar apps.

I also dislike this "feature", that was draining all the battery of my Galaxy S2 with Cyanfox 2.0.2 (based on 4.4.2), but the good thing is that it can be disabled very easily:

Go to Wi-Fi Settings, then into the "Advanced" page. You'll find an option saying something like "Scanning always available for Google apps". Well, simply untick this option and voilà, wi-fi will regularly turn off.
And bye bye battery drain :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Anique.ali

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
AFAIK this wi-fi on even when it's meant to be off is not a bug, but a "feature" introduced by google in kitkat. It is always left on regardless of user will in order to get better precision in the determination of location, in google maps and similar apps.

I also dislike this "feature", that was draining all the battery of my Galaxy S2 with Cyanfox 2.0.2 (based on 4.4.2), but the good thing is that it can be disabled very easily:

Go to Wi-Fi Settings, then into the "Advanced" page. You'll find an option saying something like "Scanning always available for Google apps". Well, simply untick this option and voilà, wi-fi will regularly turn off.

Facing same issue and scanning always option is already disabled.. running stock 4.3 .. can u tell how to get rid of it?

Sent from my GT-I9500

JuniorGG

Jun 2, 2011
Venice
No my friend. Sorry this is my personal experience with the issue and I would have sweared that it was also applicable to your case. Obviously I was wrong.
Anyway for the little it may be worth to you, on my S4 I'm running 4.3, the option is unticked by default and I have no issues of this kind. To be honest I thought it was an issue only related to 4.4.x

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
No my friend. Sorry this is my personal experience with the issue and I would have sweared that it was also applicable to your case. Obviously I was wrong.
Anyway for the little it may be worth to you, on my S4 I'm running 4.3, the option is unticked by default and I have no issues of this kind. To be honest I thought it was an issue only related to 4.4.x

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

In my case both gps and wifi showing on in stat..

Sent from my GT-I9500

liorbal

Nov 17, 2012
2. Go custom recovery and WIPE all (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
the wifi works fine. when i installed the rom 5 days ago the wifi worked but to days later it stopped working. what should I do if the problem is back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed this version today OTA and it did nothing. what can I do?