[KITCHEN] Lopicl's Linux Kernel Kitchen v0.002

Search This thread

Lopicl.00

Sep 25, 2012
Androidland
Hi guys!

This is a Kernel Kitchen based on Dsixda's android kitchen. I only add functions to compress/decompress in lzma :)

FULLY TESTED AND WORKING!

Features:
Code:
- COMPATIBLE WITH LINUX AND CYGWIN
- Wiew boot.img details
- Compress/decompress in Gzip and [B]Lzma[/B]
- Make Nand Boot folder
- Change command line in boot.img
- Extract ramdisk from boot.img or recovery.img in any folder
- Restart kitchen for refresh options

Downloads:
https://github.com/Lopicl/linux_kernelkitchen/releases

Sources:
https://github.com/Lopicl/linux_kernelkitchen

How to use:
1. Download latest version
2. Extract zip where you want
3. On ubuntu should ask for run in terminal when you double click menu. If not, type on terminal: cd to kitchen directory and "./menu"
4. At first boot will be created WORKING_BOOTIMG directory, insert in it your boot.img and type "k" on the kitchen.
5. Now the kitchen is set up! ;)

- BIG THANKS TO DSIXDA
- Me for adapting some scripts to use only kernel part and add lzma.

Last edited:

Victorxs

Jul 12, 2013
Hi guys!

This is a Kernel Kitchen based on Dsixda's android kitchen. I only add functions to compress/decompress in lzma :)

Features:
Code:
- COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH LINUX (not tested with Cygwin yet)
- Wiew boot.img details
- Make Nand Boot folder

Downloads:

Sources:

How to use:
3. On ubuntu should ask for run in terminal when you double click menu. If not, type on terminal: cd to kitchen directory and "./menu"
4. At first boot will be created WORKING_BOOTIMG directory, insert in it your boot.img and type "k" on the kitchen.
5. Now your kitchen is set up! ;)

- BIG THANKS TO DSIXDA
Awesome man! thanks!

good work!

Reactions: Lopicl.00

pulak861

Jun 3, 2010
Dhaka
Samsung Galaxy S23
Thanks for report!
But please hit thanks button. ;)

Posted from my chocolate bar that also makes coffee using Tapatalk 4 integrated microchip... : P

thanx man .. working great with gs3 mini.... i was wondering if u could help me with one thing..

i just want to add some govornors and schedulers to my stock boot.img
but after extracting all i got is zimage and ramdisk folder.... i have looked into ramdisk folder and have found nothing in where i can add govornors and schedulers... couldnt find a way to extract the zimage though..

can u please tell me how to add govornors and schedulers?? and in where i should start the editing???
or can i even add schedulers and govornors to a extracted boot.img???

Lopicl.00

Sep 25, 2012
Androidland
thanx man .. working great with gs3 mini.... i was wondering if u could help me with one thing..

but after extracting all i got is zimage and ramdisk folder.... i have looked into ramdisk folder and have found nothing in where i can add govornors and schedulers... couldnt find a way to extract the zimage though..

can u please tell me how to add govornors and schedulers?? and in where i should start the editing???

Hahaha, for do that you need the kernel source and compile a new zImage. You can download your phone source at opensource.samsung.com ;)

Posted from my chocolate bar that also makes coffee using Tapatalk 4 integrated microchip... : P

Reactions: pulak861

Lopicl.00

Sep 25, 2012
Androidland
What benefits do you see using this,if you dont mind me asking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

You can compress/decompress the ramdisk in lzma, it gives more speed and better compression ratio than gzip.
Also you have not to download all the dsixda kitchen for use it only for kernels. You just download this. Oh and this kitchen will be also updated if there is any bug or new functions requests, dsixda wont as he left android development... ;)

Sent from my chocolate bar that also makes coffee using Tapatalk 4 integrated microchip :p

Reactions: Victorxs

theboo7

Mar 15, 2010
Surgar Land Texas
You can compress/decompress the ramdisk in lzma, it gives more speed and better compression ratio than gzip.
Also you have not to download all the dsixda kitchen for use it only for kernels. You just download this. Oh and this kitchen will be also updated if there is any bug or new functions requests, dsixda wont as he left android development... ;)

Sent from my chocolate bar that also makes coffee using Tapatalk 4 integrated microchip :p

Ah I see. Well thank you, I'll definently give this a try, I'll probably need to sort out problems because my device is jfltevzw and we have to loki

Edit

Hmm unless I don't Loki until after.

Still new at this. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

tengztech08

Mar 19, 2015
Finally.

Found the answer at last! Searching really pays off :p

Thank you very much for this :good:

I was finally able to changed the cwm (5.0.2.6) built in on Hell's Fusion #50 Kernel to version 5.0.2.8, with the boot.img ACTUALLY working :D.

My first tries (without using kitchens, but manual typing of commands), ended up as non-working boot.img.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

Features:
    Code:
    - COMPATIBLE WITH LINUX AND CYGWIN
    - Wiew boot.img details
    - Make Nand Boot folder

Downloads:

Sources:

How to use:
    5. Now the kitchen is set up! ;)

- BIG THANKS TO DSIXDA
    Awesome man! thanks!

good work!

Thanks for report!
    But please hit thanks button. ;)

Hi guys!

Features:
    Code:
    - COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH LINUX (not tested with Cygwin yet)
    - Wiew boot.img details
    - Make Nand Boot folder

Downloads:

Sources:

How to use:
    5. Now your kitchen is set up! ;)

- BIG THANKS TO DSIXDA
    Awesome man! thanks!

good work!

Hahaha, for do that you need the kernel source and compile a new zImage. You can download your phone source at opensource.samsung.com ;)

No one is interested?