Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2013, 06:35 AM |#11  
Flag Pagadian City
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_frak

with which firmware the problem occur?

the battery not charging even when the phone is turned off?

did you try to flash the original Chinese firmware?

(maybe s/w bug)

Hi saturn. I was able to flash the Overseas ROM using you modified EBR2. Great partitioning! However the problem with my phone still persisted even with the new battery The charging port may be the culprit. The phone is still able to flash with the battery pulled out. But, once the phone is plugged to recharge, it spontaneously reboots. So, right now I just use an external charger for the batteries. I hope the phone can still be fixed. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to racesurg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift racesurg Ad-Free

12th September 2013, 12:05 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Thanks a lot mate... It is now 3.6GB!! Woohooo...
16th September 2013, 02:03 PM |#13  
Palookaville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Help Please...
Hey guys, I own the same phone that you guys have (Lenovo S920), rooted, and bloatware removed.

I removed Chrome, LeCalendar, Norton, and Tutorial. Unfortunately, now I cannot update OTA, as the recovery screen is looking for ChromeWithBrowser.apk, which I already removed. I tried installing a signed ChromeWithBrowser apk but it still didn't work. Am now beginning to think that I need to reflash the original ROM just to be able to get the update.

Anybody have any ideas how to solve this OTA issue? Would really appreciate the input...thanks!
19th September 2013, 03:43 PM |#14  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchshady

Hey guys, I own the same phone that you guys have (Lenovo S920), rooted, and bloatware removed.

I removed Chrome, LeCalendar, Norton, and Tutorial. Unfortunately, now I cannot update OTA, as the recovery screen is looking for ChromeWithBrowser.apk, which I already removed. I tried installing a signed ChromeWithBrowser apk but it still didn't work. Am now beginning to think that I need to reflash the original ROM just to be able to get the update.

Anybody have any ideas how to solve this OTA issue? Would really appreciate the input...thanks!

i faced the same problem, i had rooted my phone, and changed my build.prop, when i tried to install the OTA update, it failed
but i managed to get the update by doing the follwing:

1- download the OTA update but don't reboot your phone
2- search in your SD card for the update.zip file (located on a folder but i forget the name)
3- open the update.zip and edit the update script deleting the assert line(s) that make it fail
4- reboot into recovery and flash the update.zip file

i hope it will work for you

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Today i have found out that if you put a magnet near the upper third of the left side of your Lenovo S920 it will lock/unlock
i know this has been on the iPad and other phones for a while now, but it is not announced in the Lenovo S920 specs!
and it is a cool thing to have a flip cover, attach a magnet just the correct place, and viola! you have a smart flip cover
23rd September 2013, 03:23 PM |#15  
Palookaville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyad_220

i faced the same problem, i had rooted my phone, and changed my build.prop, when i tried to install the OTA update, it failed
but i managed to get the update by doing the follwing:

1- download the OTA update but don't reboot your phone
2- search in your SD card for the update.zip file (located on a folder but i forget the name)
3- open the update.zip and edit the update script deleting the assert line(s) that make it fail
4- reboot into recovery and flash the update.zip file

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Today i have found out that if you put a magnet near the upper third of the left side of your Lenovo S920 it will lock/unlock
i know this has been on the iPad and other phones for a while now, but it is not announced in the Lenovo S920 specs!
and it is a cool thing to have a flip cover, attach a magnet just the correct place, and viola! you have a smart flip cover

I tried doing that, to no avail When I try to manually add those apk's I get the same error message, which is the assert thingy failed. Basically I took out Chrome, the Tutorial, and LeCalendar.

What am I missing here?
24th September 2013, 10:36 AM |#16  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchshady

I tried doing that, to no avail When I try to manually add those apk's I get the same error message, which is the assert thingy failed. Basically I took out Chrome, the Tutorial, and LeCalendar.

What am I missing here?

the assert error you are getting is caused by the MD5 check some, since you have changed/deleted those files the MD5 for them is changed, and the update script in the OTA file will check that MD5 and match it to the original.
that what is causing the update to fail.

the solution is to extract the update script form the update.zip (open it using winrar or something) go to "\META-INF\com\google\android" search for the "updater-script" extract it, then open it in any text editor and remove the line(s) that is asserting the files you have deleted.
example:
assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/LenovoClock.apk", "f7c75be4512cb791baa754f17df896205f27cb53", "1cdf8cd84122d93668d77d14fb5692474ff301a9"));
this line asserts that the "LenovoClock.apk" exists, and it has the correct MD5

remove similar lines for apk(s) you have deleted.

after that, put the "updater-script" again in the "update.zip" file and copy it back to your SD card, reboot into CWM recovery, turn off assertion, and flash "update.zip" by choosing flash zip file form sd card

26th September 2013, 09:32 AM |#17  

More
Unhappy Sorry If Wrong Room
Dear All Master

I Have Lenovo K920 White with the condition of icon Wifi blinks, how to resolve this issue??

Thank You....
30th September 2013, 02:13 PM |#18  
Palookaville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyad_220

the assert error you are getting is caused by the MD5 check some, since you have changed/deleted those files the MD5 for them is changed, and the update script in the OTA file will check that MD5 and match it to the original.
that what is causing the update to fail.

the solution is to extract the update script form the update.zip (open it using winrar or something) go to "\META-INF\com\google\android" search for the "updater-script" extract it, then open it in any text editor and remove the line(s) that is asserting the files you have deleted.
example:
assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/LenovoClock.apk", "f7c75be4512cb791baa754f17df896205f27cb53", "1cdf8cd84122d93668d77d14fb5692474ff301a9"));
this line asserts that the "LenovoClock.apk" exists, and it has the correct MD5

remove similar lines for apk(s) you have deleted.

after that, put the "updater-script" again in the "update.zip" file and copy it back to your SD card, reboot into CWM recovery, turn off assertion, and flash "update.zip" by choosing flash zip file form sd card

hey sorry for the late reply; been extremely busy and I just found the time to carry out your instructions earlier.

Unfortunately it didn't work... When I tried to update, it tries to, then it closes with just one word "ERROR".

I updated the 2 updater-script files as you instructed (one of them was the updater then the other had a (~) sign after the word updater).

Should I have just updated one?
1st October 2013, 04:35 AM |#19  

More
Lenovo S920
Hi, I'm new here.... does IMEI no. change after flashing ROM affects network sim? Does both sim usable in the new rom? Thanks!
1st October 2013, 06:02 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there anybody can flash custom ROM? I hv tried flashed many custom ROMs from needrom but always got bootloop, can't mount emmc.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk 2
1st October 2013, 07:14 PM |#21  
Palookaville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vft18355

Is there anybody can flash custom ROM? I hv tried flashed many custom ROMs from needrom but always got bootloop, can't mount emmc.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk 2

hey how do you manage to get out of the bootloop?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)