[Q] Installing OS into Nexus 7

Search This thread

etubaldi

Jun 3, 2014
Dear all,
I have a Nexus 7 3g, two days ago I rooted it so as to enable the tethering option. The rooting procedure I followed went well.
However, there as been some problem while enabling the tethering because at the boot the tablet was blocked while loading the OS.
So I decided to reinstall it but I had some problem and now the situation is that when I try to access to the recovery mode, I get the red triangle. I push power and bottom up, and I wiped all the data as suggested, typed "adb sideload android_4.3_stock_tilapia.zip", and got the error E: footer is wrong. E: signature verification failed.

I saw in the forum that I cannot use adb sideload to install a new OS but only for updates....

My question is: How can I use fastboot If when I type "fastboot devices" I have no device listed?

I thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Enrico

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
Dear all,
I have a Nexus 7 3g, two days ago I rooted it so as to enable the tethering option. The rooting procedure I followed went well.
However, there as been some problem while enabling the tethering because at the boot the tablet was blocked while loading the OS.
So I decided to reinstall it but I had some problem and now the situation is that when I try to access to the recovery mode, I get the red triangle. I push power and bottom up, and I wiped all the data as suggested, typed "adb sideload android_4.3_stock_tilapia.zip", and got the error E: footer is wrong. E: signature verification failed.

I saw in the forum that I cannot use adb sideload to install a new OS but only for updates....

My question is: How can I use fastboot If when I type "fastboot devices" I have no device listed?

I thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Enrico
Are you in the bootloader screen? If not then it would be 'adb devices'. 4.3_stock_tilapia.zip? That's for a 2012 N7 so I assume that's what you have.

etubaldi

Jun 3, 2014
Are you in the bootloader screen? If not then it would be 'adb devices'. 4.3_stock_tilapia.zip? That's for a 2012 N7 so I assume that's what you have.

Thank you very much for your reply.
I was able to solve the issue by using Nexus Root Toolkit from the bootloader screen, as you suggested.
Enrico