Battery life poor all the sudden?

Search This thread

dylanear

Mar 10, 2011
Any tips for tracking down the culprit? The battery and data manager in the settings just says "Android OS 61%". "Android System" is only 2% and that seems to include all the things I'd guess would use power. My battery life has been ok, not amazing, but I'd get through most days with minimal charging. Now it seems that if I get 4 or 6 hours from a charge I'm lucky.

Is there any way to get finer grained analysis on what exact process, daemon or service is using up my electrons?!

I can't recall what I've installed recently, but something must have changed.

Also I see "Phone Idle" and "Cell Standby", both used 4%. What's the difference, or is this the same thing listed twice?

dpiddy14

Sep 10, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
My wife is having the same problem. Have you been able to track anything down? The OS shouldn't been draining the phone while its sitting in your pocket. We had the battery replaced once thinking that was the problem and after about a week its happening again.

Memp2Atl85

Nov 15, 2010
This happened to me too guys. Battery was dying quick and the phone was running hot. Got watchdog lite free from the market and it ended up being a Android media process... Had to take battery out, take out SD card and Sim card...put em back in, reboot, and all was well...I think my Google music was trying to make songs available offline so I cleared google music data and everything has been fine since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

y3llo

Sep 22, 2011
Mine has been worse the last week and a half... Running eclipse 2.2, but I had to install ADW Launcher EX to keep the phone from crashing upon "unlocking" it... So I figured the launcher drained more battery, but it seems to be more than I expected.

(disclaimer: I've re installed after full phone wipes a couple times and have not been able to rid the eclipse launcher crash upon unlocking...)

timmy10shoes

Apr 10, 2012
Mine has been worse the last week and a half... Running eclipse 2.2, but I had to install ADW Launcher EX to keep the phone from crashing upon "unlocking" it... So I figured the launcher drained more battery, but it seems to be more than I expected.

(disclaimer: I've re installed after full phone wipes a couple times and have not been able to rid the eclipse launcher crash upon unlocking...)
wipe cache & dalvik cache in recovery reflash eclipse 2.2.

dagostin

Dec 27, 2009
Its almost always causes by some app, running stock is here and battery life has been consistent since day 1. Try starting fresh with no installed apps and slowly install needed apps one by one. Wait a day at least per app installed to see what changes occur with battery life

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

ratledge

Jul 28, 2010
South Carolina
Same here - and I put a new (OEM/Motorola) battery in three days ago, cleared the battery stats with Clockwork Recovery advanced options, conditioning it by letting it drain until it shut off every time. Right now I'm seeing 79% Display. WTH?

Last edited:

ratledge

Jul 28, 2010
South Carolina
Flash to 904 is the ultimate cure!

I still don't know WTH went crazy a week or so ago, but flashing the leaked 9
HTML:
04 update fixed ALL my problems!

Reactions: bsorli

bsorli

+1 on this - it worked wonders for me. ICS has also had some great battery life as well.

Interesting and I had a bunch of problems on ICS and have now switched back to the Verizon's 904 leak rebuilt by Eclipse. If you've used Eclipse previously...the latest build Eclipse Bionic Build 04 - 4/30/12 - h t t p://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthread.php?1612-ROM-Eclipse-Bionic-Build-04-4-30-12 screams performance wise and battery life is now well above 10 hours without needing a charge or booster shot I was so used too providing on ICS Gummy. The Eclipse developer just released his latest update in the last day and it now has even more polish especially for those who don't appreciate Motorola Blur. Give it a shot and check it out! Sorli...

Last edited:

LXative

Dec 7, 2010
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S22
Interesting and I had a bunch of problems on ICS and have now switched back to the Verizon's 904 leak rebuilt by Eclipse. If you've used Eclipse previously...the latest build Eclipse Bionic Build 04 - 4/30/12 - h t t p://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthread.php?1612-ROM-Eclipse-Bionic-Build-04-4-30-12 screams performance wise and battery life is now well above 10 hours without needing a charge or booster shot I was so used too providing on ICS Gummy. The Eclipse developer just released his latest update in the last day and it now has even more polish especially for those who don't appreciate Motorola Blur. Give it a shot and check it out! Sorli...
10 hours of battery life, and you are happy? Is this really how Bionic folks are? I am being serious, as I have no clue.

I have a friend that is getting 5hrs on a battery at most, his Bionic is 6mo old. He is 100% stock. He is on 2.3.4, and I am investigating what I should flash his phone to....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash to 904 is the ultimate cure!

I still don't know WTH went crazy a week or so ago, but flashing the leaked 9
    HTML:
    04 update fixed ALL my problems!