Apr 9, 2011
Lakeland, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
How is this different than the stock connections optimizer?
The optimizer finds the best connection strength between wifi and cell.
This app controls the cpu.
Opps..my bad. So to correct my above statement in a nutshell... the optimizer just doesn't work as good as it does on other phones. Guess I should have read the article first instead of assuming. :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

Last edited:

alfay13

Aug 26, 2011
St. George
I installed this a couple days ago and have noticed a difference in battery life. I would say it's definitely worth a spin if you haven't tried it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

frozndevl

Jun 15, 2010
Seattle
Has anyone noticed any increase reboots and shut downs? I've updated integer solar bit this is the only one that purports to do anything with how the phone works.

Sent from my LG-LS970

cthedogg

Jan 5, 2011
Anaheim
Has anyone noticed any increase reboots and shut downs? I've updated integer solar bit this is the only one that purports to do anything with how the phone works.

Sent from my LG-LS970

Wow you're right. I've been getting a lot of kernel crashes ever since I installed the app. I haven't installed anything new.

drancid

Sep 26, 2010
Monterey Park
mine keeps saying "We'll notify you when savings start" for 3 days so far. is this normal?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

alfay13

Aug 26, 2011
St. George
mine keeps saying "We'll notify you when savings start" for 3 days so far. is this normal?

Totally normal.

Also, I haven't had a single crash. I'm running Lifeless ROM and haven't had an issues, but have noticed increased battery life.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Veritass

Nov 29, 2011
Albany
I downloaded this when the thread was posted. I'm happy to say I JUST got into saving
Mode

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361944566939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361944566939.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 558

megamaster2

Nov 17, 2012
So I'm running this app now and my data at work is faster than wifi and I'm on 3G so this is sad lol but I'm pretty sure the app keeps turning wifi on. :/

Sent from LG Optimus Prime G :D

spackmanbr

Jan 11, 2011
Tried it. It's pretty much worthless. Turns off wifi when away from your access points, which is cool. Otherwise, all it does is prevent your major apps from updating to a varying degree. It's better to just control this yourself in app settings and "Accounts and Sync" settings. I think the app was designed with people who don't have a clue about Android sync settings in mind. For the type of person who spends time reading Android forums, it's a waste of time. Sorry :(

If you do choose to use it, be aware that depending on the setting you or it chooses for Gmail, push notifications may not work.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Opps..my bad. So to correct my above statement in a nutshell... the optimizer just doesn't work as good as it does on other phones. Guess I should have read the article first instead of assuming. :rolleyes:

Incorrect. This app has nothing to do with CPU. It automates turning on/off wifi, and blocks or reduces syncing for various major apps.

Reactions: frozndevl

Th3ArCh0n

Mar 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks, Epic! Love this app for myself, and I tell customers at work about it now, they love that there is a trustworthy app that can save battery life

promek

Feb 5, 2011
Im on my 3rd day in learning mode. Hopefully will kick in soon,and see my battery savings...

frozndevl

Jun 15, 2010
Seattle
I've stopped using it as all it did was stop my syncing and turn Wi-Fi on and off. These are things that most users here control pretty well already.

Sent from my LG-LS970

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Qualcomm released an app for anyone with Snapdragon that will extend your battery life and monitor what you do to better control the processes. I just downloaded it and it is in "Learning mode" so I will be excited to see how much savings I get when it has learned and starts saving.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/19/new-app-qualcomm-releases-snapdragon-batteryguru-aims-to-extend-your-devices-battery-life/
    How is this different than the stock connections optimizer?

yup, i installed it the day this was posted and it told me it start saving late last night
    Tried it. It's pretty much worthless. Turns off wifi when away from your access points, which is cool. Otherwise, all it does is prevent your major apps from updating to a varying degree. It's better to just control this yourself in app settings and "Accounts and Sync" settings. I think the app was designed with people who don't have a clue about Android sync settings in mind. For the type of person who spends time reading Android forums, it's a waste of time. Sorry :(

If you do choose to use it, be aware that depending on the setting you or it chooses for Gmail, push notifications may not work.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Incorrect. This app has nothing to do with CPU. It automates turning on/off wifi, and blocks or reduces syncing for various major apps.
    Just got out of learning mode

Qualcomm released an app for anyone with Snapdragon that will extend your battery life and monitor what you do to better control the processes. I just downloaded it and it is in "Learning mode" so I will be excited to see how much savings I get when it has learned and starts saving.

Yeah this is day one with this feature enable through the app after two day in learning mode. I can see a huge difference in battery life in the past 3 hours maintained a 9% power consumption. Will be interesting to see if this can endure for 10 hours on a single charge.

Settings
    Screen OFF = after 15 seconds (automatically set by the app)
    Brightness = 23%
    Wifi = ON
    Carrier Data = OFF
    Sync = OFF
    Eco Mode = OFF
    Power Saver = OFF
    GPS = OFF
    Silent
    No Vibration Touch feedback
    Six email accounts set to manual and one on push.

Application on constant run
    BBM
    Hangouts
    Google Music
    Doubletwist
    Soundcloud

Those are my typically settings while at work will be changing the sound profile and heavy texting so will report back tomorrow let you know my results.