Newbies questions here please!

Search This thread

Sapa13

Mar 31, 2009
Split
Great idea with this, i'm also new, and have few questions, and of course you can't always find with search what you looking for. And i'ts irritating when you have question that somebody who thinks he is god almighty answers you with "try search" idiot or something. Thanks to those, who didn't forget that we all are here to help each other, and answers or at least post a link for what we look for. And for those who just like to make fun of somebody who is looking for help, they obviously forget that in some moment somebody helped them, and at least it would be polite to return favor by helping someone new...
And something for end, "... there is no stupid question, just stupid answers..."!!!

p.s.almost forget my question: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=514953

Last edited:

Killbillprime

Apr 1, 2005
Birmingham
sapa13

dude iv only had your issue once, first time i tried to do a update, i got this, had to disable my windows firewall and then reboot and try again. worked the second time, but remmember you will get a message saying no new updates aviable update anyway, click yes and it will install the latest update.
Matey since then iv just been using custom roms, why not try out some of the custom stuff on here?

bnaut

May 22, 2009
and now what?

For noobs : Before posting a question, read this thread then if you're still in the dark ask here!

Please don't start a new thread unless you haven't found a satisfying answer here.

Welcome, and enjoy!

Brilliant. The search function is soooo Live and the threads are often full with trash instead of useful information. So if this is where I belong, the better. Can the OP or anyone else tell me how to change the default browser from Opera to IE on a SE X1 without replacing the manufacturers ROM?

Most appreciated.

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
SKTools provides an utility to do so.
You select the Tune Up! category, find the PIE tab and the last option in that tab is "Pocket IE as default browser".
There might be other ways to do it (by manually searching thru the registry) or by using other tweak tools. Advanced Config 3.3 might also provide a similar function.
Welcome btw! :D

katinacooker

May 23, 2009
Hi guys. I recently got my x1 and its my first smartphone/windows mobile device. it was a bit of a step up from my samsung f700 let me tell you. i was just wondering about any mods or anything else you could recommend to do with my phone. its not that theres anything wrong with it. but everything that exists can be made better.

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
I for one use:
SPB Pocket Plus 4: for its close button, and today tab
Tried SPB Mobile Shell 3
Also have SK Tools for tweaking the phone.
Tom Tom 7 for GPS
Pocket Player for music
Slick for messenging
Tools like Nodata, Powerguard, WVGAfix3...etc
It depends on what you need basically :p

And about the mods...you can use the 1% battery driver from ethermind..
And if you count a cooked ROM a mod...well when you have tons of them on the forum...

Last edited:

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
hi , im a real noob here. have few Q and hopefully ill get help in here. thx first!

1st , any reg tweak to increase the volume when i plugin earphone ? the volume is kinda soft..

2nd , everytime when i type sms or msg in msn , phone will hang 2-3secs.. im using official rom. no mod no tf3d.

3rd , can this phone support sdhc class 6 16gb ?

4th , the r3a camera cab auto flash is not working. do i need any setting for that ? ( auto flash is enabled )

thx..

mr_sheen

Feb 8, 2009
well...im not exactly a newbie here, its just that i dont think what im about to ask worth another thread...so...

My question is: How come the default R2A10 doesnt have the reflow feature on the adobe reader? its bloody annoying when u have to scroll around to right and left and such....
i can remember they had it on the R1A version....so what the hell did SE do and took that feature out?

What should i do know? i did a search, found nothing, but i did found something on the blackstone forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3107836&postcount=9

havent tried it because i dont have a registry editor...

does anybody here have the solution to enable reflow again on Adobe Reader LE?

Cypher84

May 21, 2009
OK here goes...

I have flashed pretty much every rom on this forum in the search for perfection, and I have stuck with Touch X 7.0 for now as I found it has everything I was after, runs fast and everything works. I have read through most of the forum and couldnt find anything to solve my issue, the problem being, when I am using the phone to make a call i keep pressing the screen with my fat face and when Im done with the call i find a mess of opened apps and settings... Is there some app or hack that will disable everything appart form call controlls while ringing? Thanks.

AxE-mAn

Oct 18, 2008
hi , im a real noob here. have few Q and hopefully ill get help in here. thx first!

1st , any reg tweak to increase the volume when i plugin earphone ? the volume is kinda soft..

2nd , everytime when i type sms or msg in msn , phone will hang 2-3secs.. im using official rom. no mod no tf3d.

3rd , can this phone support sdhc class 6 16gb ?

4th , the r3a camera cab auto flash is not working. do i need any setting for that ? ( auto flash is enabled )

thx..
#3 Yes it does (as far as i know)
#4 What about trying to just switch flash on?? Maybe it recognises the lighting conditions as acceptable without having to flash. See if it flashed in a dark room and report.

I have a Q too. I cant manage to flash a ROM from my sd card?? it keep saying 'No Image File'. I have renamed it to KOVSIMG.nbh, placed it in the root folder of my SD Card, but no luck. Help?

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
I have flashed pretty much every rom on this forum in the search for perfection, and I have stuck with Touch X 7.0 for now as I found it has everything I was after, runs fast and everything works. I have read through most of the forum and couldnt find anything to solve my issue, the problem being, when I am using the phone to make a call i keep pressing the screen with my fat face and when Im done with the call i find a mess of opened apps and settings... Is there some app or hack that will disable everything appart form call controlls while ringing? Thanks.

That is quite annoying...other than the "auto power down" of the screen I don't see a solution for now. And even that annoys me sometimes because when i want to see info on the call I have to press the power button to turn it back on.

rmorris

Jan 24, 2007
Los Angeles
Try to set the microsd card to its default/fats32. Load the rom, remove your battery, volume down and power on at the same time (actually volume down first) until the lines come up and follow the screen instructions from there.

I have a 16gb sdhc card and it works fine. It is class 4 but that should make little to no difference. Worst case would likely be that it doesn’t utilize the FULL speed capabilities but I doubt even that. The X1 is capable of taking a 32gb class 6 so…

Cypher84

May 21, 2009
That is quite annoying...other than the "auto power down" of the screen I don't see a solution for now. And even that annoys me sometimes because when i want to see info on the call I have to press the power button to turn it back on.

Well at least Im not the only one that finds this annoying.
Im thinking maybe somebody could make a screen lock app ala iphone/winmo 6.5 which could be personalised to activate in certain situations such as no input for x ammount of time and starting a call, and if its possible to control the auto power down, during a call you could chose to have the screen on but dimmed and locked so theres no accidental pressing and a quick glance at the call length etc. is not an issue... ok im just making this up but would be nice. :D

NiklasK

Mar 13, 2009
I want to install a different ROM but don't want to have my contacts deleted. What app can I use to backup my contacts so I can restore them after I flash the new ROM?

Killbillprime

Apr 1, 2005
Birmingham
I want to install a different ROM but don't want to have my contacts deleted. What app can I use to backup my contacts so I can restore them after I flash the new ROM?

mate i use windows live - so all my contacts are backed up online and in sync with my live/hotmail account...
also can use myphone to sync online

if you want to save to sd card then use PPCPimbackup

yupin

May 26, 2009
Hi
I would like to chqnge the pad where you type phone number, PIN code when the phone start...
Is that possible without installing a all global theme ?

Thanks

natedastate

May 13, 2009
Opera problems

Hi friends!
I have a ****in problem with ma webbrowser on my xperia x1 (T-Mobile Austria), with opera....
every ****in time when im startin typin a homepage it loads some sites( sites which are concieved on that to show mobile view if you surf from a mobile in the www, but you have still the choice to choose in settigns mobile view or not -> AND HELL I DONT WANT THAT DISCUSTING MOBILE VIEW) in mobile view, although i set in settings mobile view off, what the hell should i do??
Please can someone help me out here?
Would be nice...
greets

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
Hi friends!
I have a ****in problem with ma webbrowser on my xperia x1 (T-Mobile Austria), with opera....
every ****in time when im startin typin a homepage it loads some sites( sites which are concieved on that to show mobile view if you surf from a mobile in the www, but you have still the choice to choose in settigns mobile view or not -> AND HELL I DONT WANT THAT DISCUSTING MOBILE VIEW) in mobile view, although i set in settings mobile view off, what the hell should i do??
Please can someone help me out here?
Would be nice...
greets

Well for one you should calm down :) THEN once you had a breath of fresh air...a smoke or whatever it is that puts you in that happy place you so love you could try and fiddle with the settings here
http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-...ke-opera-mobile-always-in-mobile-view/#entry0

That guy I think wants mobile view always on but maybe you could tweak it to do the opposite.

Also, sites receive information about the Browser being used, IP etc, and some sites based on that information decide to show the mobile version beforehand.

I don't know how opera does to authentificate itself...but if the header contains Opera Mobile...then no matter what you do they'll show the mobile view first.

Last, you could try changing the Opera browser to the beta version...see if that works...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes, idk nothing and hope you guys can help me to get that icon back D:
    without any actual detail on the rom you use (stock, custom, which flavor,..?) I can just mention a general option:
    open Advanced Config and check your Today settings, there you can choose what to show on the title bar (battery or clock) and whether to show the power icon on the try bar or not
    hope that helps
    Best, DK
    well, to flash a custom rom you need h-spl, check in the reference thread, also for tutorials and other important stuff
    about which rom to flash: check the rom threads, check content, decide on one and give it a try
    there is a incomplete comparison thread in dev that might help you and in case you are really undecided (or bored :rolleyes:) search for "best rom" or similar keywords, there are a lot of like threads out there, but that in the end you will have to decide it :)
    never tried android myself, so can't help you there with personal experience
    enjoy :)
    Thanks DK, much obligated.

Alright, I'm going to hardspl soonestly. I need to backup/move my sms messages to sd card and transfer those sms messages to my pc. As for that I have two question to ask.

1. Is there any possibilities ActiveSync can do with this to move those file or any other way?
    2. I got myself some sms tools/apps downloaded earlier. But having troubled on how to install/where to put file (after extraction) where there is no executable file avaialable.
    3. If i'm done with hardspl, is my device works? I mean can be use since I am still deciding what ROM i shall flash into my device.

p/s: seriously guys, my internet connection a bit sucky tonite and didn't mean to ignore that goddamn search button :p

Thanks in advance.

DL
    yeah, #3 is no problem, flashing h-spl is just enabling you to do something you otherwise cannot dot, namely reflashing your rom, otherwise it does not interfere, hm ok, SEUS won't work, but that should be it :)
    Best, DK
    Hello, reading this forum for a solution since yesterday 1am...
    I was trying to flash my X1 with a updated rom.
    Things i already tried:

- Flash directly via SD-Card (File named kovsimg.nbh)
    - Flash via RUU-Tool
    - Flash SPL via RUU-Tool

With Tool i always get Error 260 or 262. I tried resetting Device, rebooting Device, rebooting Computer, another Computer.

Information displayed by X1 in Boot Mode:

KOVS110
    SPL-0.72.0000
    MicroP1-787
    MicroP2-707

and at the bottom Connection Info...Serial or USB.

Did i forget to do something or do something wrong?

here is a video tutorial flashing a custom ROM using your SD card. you seem to have done the right steps. however i highly doubt you installed your hard SPL. before flashing a custom ROM you HAVE TO INSTAL HARD SPL.

go through these step by step videos. they should help you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=497511
    Hello again.

Thanks for the help

I still have one problem concerning my X1i. In the guides the mention a hard reset is performed by pressing both Silver Screen buttons and the power button but my device doesn't react to this

hold down the left and right hard buttons and keep holding them down. press and release the power button, while still holding the left and right buttons. do not release the two silver buttons until a message pops up on your screen. it should happen in under 5 seconds from pressing and releasing the power button.

another option would be to hold down those 2 hard keys, and insert the stylus into the soft reset hold. that should definitely prompt a hard reset of ur phone. if you have doubts for this method, check the image i have attached.

EDIT 1-another alternate method if the two above fail
    Step by step
    1. switch off your phone.
    2. enter in bootloader by press and hold volume down key then press and hold power on button keep holding both untill four colour bootloader screen shows up. (release power on and volume down)
    3. press and hold both left and right silver keys at front while holding them press and hold hardreset button located under battery cover untill white screen with warning shows up.
    4. open keyboard and press "R"
    5. Follow instruction on screen.

EDIT 2: IF THOSE METHODS DONT WORK, IM QUITE SURE YOU WOULD FIND A SOLUTION IN THIS THREAD
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=437607