FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,596 Vote(s)
63.94%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.63%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2019, 11:41 AM |#43471  
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

The typical battery calibration methods such as draining completely and charging completely or the battery calibration apps "should" work, if they don't then it's probably a device/firmware specific issue, at least in part, which might require device/firmware specific experience.

I drained the battery and charged it to full. Battery is functioning normally for now. Thankyou that was the solution

18th May 2019, 10:07 PM |#43472  
Thanks Meter: 329

More
I have a galaxy S9 and on boost mobile. After the pie updates and the updates subsequently thereafter the wifi signal gets worse. I've compared it to my old S5 and S7 and those have better signals than my S9. Is this just an S9 problem and is there anyway to boost the signal? I'm about ready to activate my S5 and sell the S9..
19th May 2019, 12:45 AM |#43473  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Oneplus 5 flashing custom ROM or kernel or both
Hi there, please help me out in figuring out some things.. This is all about my phone oneplus 5.. I have rooted the phone and I have installed xposed and magisk, and later I installed Device ID masker app, now I found that Device ID masker is not working for system apps while it works for system apps in other phones.. I contacted developer, he nicely replied it works well for system apps, if it is not working for system apps in your device then system apps are directly reading the values.. Now I want to know if I flash custom ROM or custom kernel or both, then will ID masker app work for system apps or not..
19th May 2019, 01:43 AM |#43474  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjayamishra

Hi there, please help me out in figuring out some things.. This is all about my phone oneplus 5.. I have rooted the phone and I have installed xposed and magisk, and later I installed Device ID masker app, now I found that Device ID masker is not working for system apps while it works for system apps in other phones.. I contacted developer, he nicely replied it works well for system apps, if it is not working for system apps in your device then system apps are directly reading the values.. Now I want to know if I flash custom ROM or custom kernel or both, then will ID masker app work for system apps or not..

System apps are a part of the ROM . So if you use a custom ROM things might change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ssssss8622 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ssssss8622 Ad-Free
19th May 2019, 04:54 AM |#43475  
Quote:
Originally Posted by whbisondtr

I have a galaxy S9 and on boost mobile. After the pie updates and the updates subsequently thereafter the wifi signal gets worse. I've compared it to my old S5 and S7 and those have better signals than my S9. Is this just an S9 problem and is there anyway to boost the signal? I'm about ready to activate my S5 and sell the S9..

Boot into stock recovery and then choose the "wipe cache partition" option, after the wipe finishes, reboot the device.

If that doesn't work, backup your contacts, apps and other important or personal information, then boot into recovery and choose the "factory reset/wipe data" option, then reboot and reinstall your backed-up data.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
19th May 2019, 04:56 AM |#43476  
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Boot into stock recovery and then choose the "wipe cache partition" option, after the wipe finishes, reboot the device.

If that doesn't work, backup your contacts, apps and other important or personal information, then boot into recovery and choose the "factory reset/wipe data" option, then reboot and reinstall your backed-up data.!

Yeah I tried clearing the cache and was hoping not to have to do a factory reset, but I'll give it a try. I appreciate the reply
The Following User Says Thank You to whbisondtr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whbisondtr Ad-Free
19th May 2019, 08:27 AM |#43477  
Quote:
Originally Posted by whbisondtr

Yeah I tried clearing the cache and was hoping not to have to do a factory reset, but I'll give it a try. I appreciate the reply

Yeah, I know, but sometimes there are things left behind from before the update that doesn't play well with the update, factory reset or manually flashing the update via your device's flash tool is usually the solution.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 02:09 PM |#43478  
Flag Graz
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello how can i get sdcard as exfat formated and recognize
In android 9 when its rooted is this possible?
20th May 2019, 02:26 PM |#43479  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please xda devloper help me
Hi xda devloper please any devloper make custom rom for my device plz because my device stock rom has very bad and it seems facing hanging so please i ve requested you please help me make custom rom for me

My device is Itel
model--it1407
Android version - - 5.1
20th May 2019, 07:04 PM |#43480  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 4,905

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek587862

Hi xda devloper please any devloper make custom rom for my device plz because my device stock rom has very bad and it seems facing hanging so please i ve requested you please help me make custom rom for me

My device is Itel
model--it1407
Android version - - 5.1

First of all, to build a ROM for a device, the developer needs to actually own that device to work on it. I don't think there would be any developers here who would own the Itel it1407.
Furthermore, your phone only has 512mb of RAM, so it's never going to be a fast device. Also, it costs ₹3233 Indian Rupees. That works out to $46.33 USD. You can't expect a budget device to work as well as one that costs more.
I do realize that you might not be able to afford something better, but don't set your expectations too high for something that is in that price range.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brill_e

Hello how can i get sdcard as exfat formated and recognize
In android 9 when its rooted is this possible?

There shouldn't be any problem with this. I was using a 64gb card formatted to exFAT on my last device, a rooted HTC 10. My current device (Pixel 2XL) doesn't have expandable storage or I'd be using it in that as well. I can use the card via OTG though, without any problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 08:19 PM |#43481  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I seem to be having trouble with the language from my bluetooth keyboard to my tablet. I have the Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus. Had it for over 6 months now and I always use the keyboard to type. I can't get the hang of typing on the screen. Just today, I noticed that it is writing some other language down. One that goes from right to left. For example, I have written the first sentence of this post on google docs and taken a screenshot and attached it.

I have spent quite some time trying to find ways to change the language in settings and i haven't found one yet. Only the pop up touch keyboard writes in English. I have tried with several of my other bluetooth keyboards as well as ones that attach to the USB port with an adapter, and they all now seem to type in this same language. Until today, this was never the case and it is really odd. As i have my tablet in a keyboard case with a touchpad too, i effectively use it as a laptop. I can't really use it unless this problem can be solved.

Does anyone know how i can change this back? This keyboard isn't totally the UK layout. I'm not sure what it is, but with every other tablet and this one until now, it is recognised and every key does as it should. That is no longer the case. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-20-20-08-46.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	4762528  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)