Nexus S Quadrant Scores 6000+

Search This thread

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
The Nexus S managed to break the 6000+ barrier today. Its running the Trinity 1.544ghz kernel with the latest CM7 kang and it has the /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so removed. This single core beast is still butting heads with the latest big boys. The queastion is, when im ready to get a new device, which phone do i choose to downgrade to :p

v4wj1h.jpg

awitee

Apr 30, 2011
Jhongli
look at the I/O scores, that happens when an error occurs during the benchmark, itll give a very high score due to that

fenrry

Sep 4, 2011
Toronto
yea, ive done many benchmarks, and do really well in many.

What Kernel u suggest is the best, I'm looking for stability+speed+battery+stability, so far every single one I have tried makes the phone crash with BT and browser mainly, also if by chance do u have any recommendation on how to improve the camera recording so it will not glitch as much.... thanks in any case for ur input.

Tenhi

Jun 3, 2010
What Kernel u suggest is the best, I'm looking for stability+speed+battery+stability, so far every single one I have tried makes the phone crash with BT and browser mainly, also if by chance do u have any recommendation on how to improve the camera recording so it will not glitch as much.... thanks in any case for ur input.

I was looking for that too. In my opinion Trinity TUV10 or TUV11 have best battery/performance ratio...

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

siffar

Jul 18, 2010
Ludhiana
LG G6
Google Pixel 2 XL
OpenGL performance shoots to the sky. from 17 FPS~ to 65 FPS~[Capped] in 3D planet test.

Max. I've done is 5100+ on T1.44 w/o libGLES_android.so hack. But 6100 is so monstrous !

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

personally, i use the TEUV 880mhz trinity kernel as a daily. its underclocked and undervolted, but has a high bus and overclocked gpu. its fast(like a normal 1.2ghz kernel) and great on battery life. you can find it in the op of the trinity thread in developement.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Are you on a kang or nightly? Which rom?

kang, from @gearheadcustoms.

Rem3Dy

Jun 28, 2010
personally, i use the TEUV 880mhz trinity kernel as a daily. its underclocked and undervolted, but has a high bus and overclocked gpu. its fast(like a normal 1.2ghz kernel) and great on battery life. you can find it in the op of the trinity thread in developement.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

kang, from @gearheadcustoms.

I wish I could run teuv my phone just freezes after booting and swiping the home screen :(

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Nexus S managed to break the 6000+ barrier today. Its running the Trinity 1.544ghz kernel with the latest CM7 kang and it has the /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so removed. This single core beast is still butting heads with the latest big boys. The queastion is, when im ready to get a new device, which phone do i choose to downgrade to :p

v4wj1h.jpg
    granted stock 2.3.5 has better i/o than previous builds
    but no were near what you're getting yours are inaccurate and been told this so many times but you think you know more than others here and all you do is misinform others with inaccurate info and results. Blind leading the blind this forum is getting to be a joke....seriously every time i come here i see pointless threads like this.

enough ranting here is my results with stock android rom with root and libGLES_android.so removed
    still with 56 FPS cap because removing cap is pointless
    ...so 3D test will be lower

1ghz with stock kernel and 1.5 with matrix 4.6 at 1.5ghz

1ghz
    screenshotqmq.png

1.5ghz
    screenshot1fv.png

Matr1x kernel is not Trinity. btw, how many quad benches are you doing? you should run four benches, the first two are the lowest scores and the forth will be the highest. ive ran/tested the matr1x kernel for mathkid, and i score higher on 1.2ghz than you do on 1.5.
    maybe its just your phone? and since all i do is misinform, stop reading my posts since they are all just misinformation. what else can i say? because obviously i really havent helped anyone with their phones, i just magically made other people think that i helped them :eek:

I am a figment of my imagination.
    I cannot find any trinity 1,5 ghz.
    I think that is an old kernel, in fact now there is trinity kernel for 1,44 ghz, is less than old, but worlk very well respect 1,5 ghz, even if it doesn't score 6000.

where can i download that kernel???

it is an older kernel. you can find it in my private collection http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2769033/T1544-05312011.zip :D
    warning though, its not NS4G optimized, its just for the NS. if you flash it on the NS4G, you wont have any data.
    ...not that I noticed really but I don't really want to go at the stock speed cause some things will be rather slow, what really bothers me is that only happens with the BT....

try one of these kernels..

http://goo.gl/gg5pL TUV-Any-NS+4G-12092011 (1.1GHz with 220MHz bus/gpu)
    http://goo.gl/D6zIw T12-Any-NS+4G-30082011 (1.2GHz with stock (200MHz) bus/gpu)
    http://goo.gl/Gy53P T13-Any-NS+4G-30082011 (1.3GHz with 216MHz bus/gpu)
    http://goo.gl/XyPhE T144-Any-NS+4G-11092011 (1.44GHz with 240MHz bus/gpu)

the 1.1ghz is fast too. i bet faster than the 1.2 that you are using. they all work on miui. for the first time flashing trinity, wipe your dalvik or flash this dalvik wiper zip http://goo.gl/lgO1v if you dont like them, just reflash the rom youre using and itll write over the trinity kernel. after wiping the dalvik the first time, you wont have to wipe it again if you want to try another trinity kernel.