[Rom] XDark ICS v2 Final {GSM} (4.0.3 ICS)

What features would you like to see in the next XDark ICS update?

• New themes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • More xperia S features

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • More sony apps and widgets

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes! :laugh:

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Download XDark ICS V0.1

Download XDark ICS V0.2

XDark ICS v0.2(Mirror)

V1 features
*Features*
-AROMA INSTALLER!
-fast
-WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
-FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
-based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
-xLOUD included
-MIUI music player
-new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
-Fully rooted
-removed blotware
-Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
-link2SD
-and much more!!

v2 updates

*CHANGELOG/ UPDATE LIST*
-New lockscreen
-fixed lockscreen media player
-added torch app
-NEW YOUTUBE APP!
-added more xperia S features (apps)
-cosmic flow live wallpaper (Xperia S live wallpaper)
-updated ES file browser
-fixed download ui

~XDark ICS V3 Canceled~

Unfortunately XDark ics v3 is Canceled, My phone is giving up on me slowly. for flashing back and forth between roms and kernels my xperia play is starting to suffer from a faulty NAND chip and wont function correctly on certain android versions. So i have flashed back to factory and might remain their. Sorry for the inconvenience:(

Last edited:

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
i don understand a thing:

why doomkernel v14?? That's a gingerbread kernel not ics

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
I suppose that by "full touchpad support" he means it works as in the ICS beta, it's there, just some games don't recognize it.

Unlike the other two Sony ICS ports that didn't include the appropriate framework files for the touchpad.

Always nice to see a new dev on the forums, good luck with this. Cheers!

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)

downloading right now i will test and report anything you needs to know!

EDIT: sir I believe that this is now my current daily driver! Played mc3 mission @ 1.2mhz with nooooo lags. Touch pads work in everything their supposed to thank you so much for this amazing from! Only concern is that horrible music player and widget. The widget isn't functional and their is no lockscreen controls neither. But other than that the from is blazing fast!

THANKYOU

PS
I don't now y you guys are sitting, their picking @ his post. Try the rom and I bet you won't be picky lol.

EDIT: o ya bro 3g is fine on my r800a

Last edited:
Reactions: Naro365 and XDM inc

ezadsyafiq99

Mar 15, 2012
Malacca
fully working touchpad??? :O
got an idea, can u share how to make touchpad working to other dev... and then we have more perfect rom to choice.. :p errrr sony?? lol

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Any plans on CDMA compatibility?
Or do you mind if other ppl do?

Edit nvm at least until someone with a r800x tries :)

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Droid117

May 30, 2011
Data is working with giffgaff using an r800i. 3G!
Edit: touchpads are working in FPSE!!! :D!
Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: NeWCuLTKiNG

itazchu

May 7, 2012
Jakarta
Anyone with a r800i GSM try this yet? Just wondering about data

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

I use R800i n data working great.

firstly thank you so much for this great ROM. this is very smooth, all of the features I need are working great, based on doomkernel n sony framework (I prefer doomkernel n sony framework :) ).
the features I've tested so far are :
Data
Camera
Video Recording
Panorama
Wifi
Bluetooth
Gamepad
Touchpad
Proximity Sensor

so far I've tested the following game :
FIFA 12 - Force Close
Eternal Legacy - Gamepad n Touchpad work (minor glitch on the opening)
Shadow Guardian - Gamepad n Touchpad work (Force close whenever I use Touchscreen)

hope you can add the newest app for Xperia S n you can fix the bugs.

RiThBo

Oct 12, 2011
Please could someone upload to mediafire or something, so I don't have to sign up to 4shared? I already have enough spam mail, so I would prefer not to have anymore!:cowboy:

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
script manager keeps telling me that i'm "not running root no super user for you" but obviously i selected "browse as root" @ app startup even checked in config and browse as root is selected. can anyone confirm by trying supercharger please

EDIT: @ DEV

hey you might wanna change that bad busybox as i was not able to run the supercharger script with it. i used the one in my attatchments. just flash in cwn if anyone wants to supercharge this great rom.

Attachments

• busybox_v1.19.4-wraithdu-CWM_flashable_install.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes! :laugh:

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Download XDark ICS V0.1

Download XDark ICS V0.2

XDark ICS v0.2(Mirror)

V1 features
    *Features*
    -AROMA INSTALLER!
    -fast
    -WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
    -FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
    -based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
    -xLOUD included
    -MIUI music player
    -new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
    -Fully rooted
    -removed blotware
    -Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
    -link2SD
    -and much more!!

v2 updates

*CHANGELOG/ UPDATE LIST*
    -New lockscreen
    -fixed lockscreen media player
    -added torch app
    -NEW YOUTUBE APP!
    -added more xperia S features (apps)
    -cosmic flow live wallpaper (Xperia S live wallpaper)
    -updated ES file browser
    -fixed download ui

~XDark ICS V3 Canceled~

Unfortunately XDark ics v3 is Canceled, My phone is giving up on me slowly. for flashing back and forth between roms and kernels my xperia play is starting to suffer from a faulty NAND chip and wont function correctly on certain android versions. So i have flashed back to factory and might remain their. Sorry for the inconvenience:(
    It seems that people are very interested in this whole touch pad thing. I already said what I did and pointed you in the direction of it. The the touch pad files all rely in the FRAMEWORK and lib. The framework-Res.apk is in regular android but the jar files are ported from gingerbread because the touch pads worked there right? So anyone with a little or intermediate knowledge of Java coding can re write the jar files seeing how android is compiled of Linux, a little of C+ coding and Java. Then the all you do is edit and sign the input.jar, framework-Res.apk and framework.jar. as for the drivers they all reside in lib folder. is that so hard? :what:

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium
    Android 4.0.4 Changelog from 4.0.3:

- Stability improvements
    - Better camera performance
    - Smoother screen rotation
    - Improved phone number recognition

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

OK I'll try to update my sources now

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium
    My xdark ICS v0.2 is just about finished people! I am just compiling and final testing ny Rom.

Beamed from my R800x using xda premium
    So now we're badmouthing the only dev that managed to get the touchpads working?

Everyone suddenly jumps on the attack bandwagon and didn't even wait for the guy to say anything. He is probably working on the new version of the rom. Give him some time. Every single dev here want's to have a killer function that makes their rom special, and seemingly so does he. Eventually I'm sure everyone will get the fix.

This way you'll just frustrate the dev so he quits and never shares his finds. I have no idea what thought process results in saying "let's not download the rom till he says what he did" !?

Also it's not fair to criticize a dev when we have other devs around here pretty much saying: -"Donate" if you want a new version out, otherwise I won't have the motivation to develop.

For me that's the bigger crime.

I'm sorry for this little rant but this behavior is just revolting. People just want everything to be done the way they see fit, and on top of that it should be done right away, so they don't need to wait a day or two more.

The only thing that we, as users, are entitled to is the stock version that Sony included, and any potential official updates we get. Everything else is purely provided by the good will and effort of the devs on these forums. So to pester some of them with requests and threaten boycott because of something you think should happen, well, that's just plain wrong. And sad.

Keep up the good work xdarkmario, and all other great devs that give life to the Play. Cheers!