[4.4.x] Voxive GApps

Search This thread

bgiesing

Voxive GApps for 4.4.x [DISCONTINUED]
Formerly "Famigo AROMA GApps"

Long time no see, huh? Well, contrary to the Post title, I am back but it's different now! Why?

THESE GApps ARE NOW APART OF Open GApps!
I wanted to cover a few things about this package real quick though!

First, the source code has been moved and updated (the old actually was missing the newer releases!) onto GitLab. One note though is that the APKs themselves are managed using Git-Annex, so you will need that to "complete" your repo. Find the source code here: http://gitlab.com/TeamVoxive/vox_gapps/

Second, Open GApps includes a AROMA version too that will be easy for you guys to migrate over to!

Third, my other project, Vox Remover is on hiatus as it is semi-replaced by Open GApps as not only it includes more removals than the original PA/TK Gapps these were based on but it also includes the ability to remove ANY app (have to configure in config file).

Lastly, I want to mention my "other" project that I am still working on. Vox Variety is a 24-hour variety station playing a lot unique stuff!

You can find Open GApps at http://opengapps.org with daily, auto-generated builds for 4.4x to 5.1x on arm(64) and x86(_64) with a ton of variants!

XDA:DevDB Information
Voxive GApps, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
dotmaniac, 3DSammy, amarullz, AOSPA, TKruzze
Source Code: http://gitlab.com/TeamVoxive/vox_gapps/

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v12
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-11

Created 2013-12-06
Last Updated 2015-06-27

Last edited:

bgiesing

Create your own Remover Script

QUICK HOW-TO
We will cut everything after a pound sign/hashtag/"#" from the script. That is, all the tutorials, app descriptions, and apps you want to keep; thus, only leaving the script with the files you want to remove
Edit the list below as you see fit, examples:​
  • AdobeReader.apk > Removed (because there is no "#")
  • #AdobeReader.apk > NOT Removed (because of "#")
  • AdobeReader.apk #PDF Reader > Removed (but extra text ignored)

CUSTOMIZING
By making a file named junk.txt in the /sdcard/Famigo/remover folder you can add files from anywhere and use wildcards to cut similar items.

Files and folders deleted ARE case-sensitive, examples:​
  • /path/to/file/file.txt > Deletes file.txt
  • /path/to/folder/ > Deletes folder ... REMEMBER the trailing "/"
  • /system/app/Apollo.apk > Deletes the system app Apollo ... REMEMBER to scan Everywhere during install when including FULL PATH
  • /data/app/Facebook.apk > Deletes the user app Facebook (if that's what it's called) ... REMEMBER to scan Everywhere during install when including FULL PATH
  • Apollo.apk > Deletes the app Apollo ... REMEMBER to Scan /system and/or /data depending on place
  • Apollo > Deletes apps named Apollo ... REMEMBER to Scan /system and/or /data depending on place
  • Apo* > Deletes all files starting with "Apo" ... Be CAREFUL with wildcards.

WHAT TO SCAN
During the install, it will ask you which folders to scan. By default, we will only Scan /system/(priv-)app which is where system apps and PARTICULARLY junk apps are. However, you may want to erase user apps that are in /data/app or other system files located elsewhere. Unless you are specifically trying to remove user installed apps - do not check Scan /data/app and unless you are trying to cut a specific file or folder (ringtones, wallpapers, etc) - do not check Scan Everywhere​

Last edited:

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Is this Gapps package still compatible with a 4.4 ROM? I did not read anywhere if the update to 4.4.1 changed the ROM version requirement.

Thanks for this contribution as I've been looking for a selectable 4.4+ gapps package for a while.

bgiesing

Is this Gapps package still compatible with a 4.4 ROM? I did not read anywhere if the update to 4.4.1 changed the ROM version requirement.

Thanks for this contribution as I've been looking for a selectable 4.4+ gapps package for a while.

Yes, it is still compatible with 4.4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3DSammy

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Continuity

I found this Gapps this morning and installed it on my 4.4.1 Tab2. It is absolutely great!! Having the option of only installing what I really need is fantastic. My only question is if this is a one shot deal or do you intend to update it on a regular basis?

bgiesing

I found this Gapps this morning and installed it on my 4.4.1 Tab2. It is absolutely great!! Having the option of only installing what I really need is fantastic. My only question is if this is a one shot deal or do you intend to update it on a regular basis?

I intend to update it every time AOSPA updates theirs.

Reactions: motisu

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I intend to update it every time AOSPA updates theirs.

That's great to hear. One suggestion: I don't know if it is possible, but since most of the latest ROMs require you to reinstall the Gapps after flashing the ROM, and since this Gapp requires you to pick and choose which apps you want and don't, it would be very useful to have a way of saving the choices so that you wouldn't have to go through the whole selection process every time you reflash a ROM. Maybe it could be done in a "preprocess" step on the PC or on the SD card as a small saved file?

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
That's great to hear. One suggestion: I don't know if it is possible, but since most of the latest ROMs require you to reinstall the Gapps after flashing the ROM, and since this Gapp requires you to pick and choose which apps you want and don't, it would be very useful to have a way of saving the choices so that you wouldn't have to go through the whole selection process every time you reflash a ROM. Maybe it could be done in a "preprocess" step on the PC or on the SD card as a small saved file?

During the gapps flash process the Aroma UI selections are all saved in two files:
/tmp/aroma/gapps.prop
/tmp/aroma/remover.prop

Just in case you do not know "/tmp" disappears after the flash file completes.

Those would be the files to save. Access to user internal storage is possible assuming if has not been wiped prior to ROM flashing. Of course saving to SD/OTG storage would even get around that situation. All this assumes the two prop files could be retreived from where they are stored before Aroma starts executing. I have been looking at this over the last hour just to see if it is possible.

bgiesing

During the gapps flash process the Aroma UI selections are all saved in two files:
/tmp/aroma/gapps.prop
/tmp/aroma/remover.prop

Just in case you do not know "/tmp" disappears after the flash file completes.

Those would be the files to save. Access to user internal storage is possible assuming if has not been wiped prior to ROM flashing. Of course saving to SD/OTG storage would even get around that situation. All this assumes the two prop files could be retreived from where they are stored before Aroma starts executing. I have been looking at this over the last hour just to see if it is possible.

I will look into it!

Reactions: 3DSammy and motisu

bgiesing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Voxive GApps for 4.4.x [DISCONTINUED]
    Formerly "Famigo AROMA GApps"

Long time no see, huh? Well, contrary to the Post title, I am back but it's different now! Why?

THESE GApps ARE NOW APART OF Open GApps!
    I wanted to cover a few things about this package real quick though!

First, the source code has been moved and updated (the old actually was missing the newer releases!) onto GitLab. One note though is that the APKs themselves are managed using Git-Annex, so you will need that to "complete" your repo. Find the source code here: http://gitlab.com/TeamVoxive/vox_gapps/

Second, Open GApps includes a AROMA version too that will be easy for you guys to migrate over to!

Third, my other project, Vox Remover is on hiatus as it is semi-replaced by Open GApps as not only it includes more removals than the original PA/TK Gapps these were based on but it also includes the ability to remove ANY app (have to configure in config file).

Lastly, I want to mention my "other" project that I am still working on. Vox Variety is a 24-hour variety station playing a lot unique stuff!

You can find Open GApps at http://opengapps.org with daily, auto-generated builds for 4.4x to 5.1x on arm(64) and x86(_64) with a ton of variants!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Voxive GApps, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    dotmaniac, 3DSammy, amarullz, AOSPA, TKruzze
    Source Code: http://gitlab.com/TeamVoxive/vox_gapps/

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v12
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-11

Created 2013-12-06
    Last Updated 2015-06-27
    Okay, some news today!

First, No update. (Had to get that out.)
    Second, we are thrilled to have XDA Senior Member @MBQ_ joining our team. He is a very busy guy (more below) but will help greatly to bring this to the masses.
    Third, speaking of bringing to the masses, @MBQ_ has a GApps updater app called EasyGApps and I am working with him to add our GApps PLUS add the Delta Update functionality you guys have been asking for! Stay tuned for more on that!
    Finally, I have added some new screenshots with "device frames". What do you think?

Again, stay tuned and if you want faster updates from me, Follow me on Google+!
    It's time to slim down for the new year!

v8 and v2-slim and now smaller than ever! Click the links for the changelog!
    Okay guys, new release time... however, this isn't your average release!

Introducing Famigo Slim GApps!

For those people that have slow internet connections or only want Google Now and the Play Store, the slim GApps are a slimmed down package that doesn't include the Play, Plus, Drive, and Other GApps. It includes the bare minimum while still maintaining compatibility with 4.3 and 4.4 and having Face Lock. It also still includes Google Home as you can't get it from the Play Store and still gives you the option to replace AOSP launchers.

You can download it now from our normal mirrors (version number is v1-slim).

Check the Changelog on GitHub!
    Here's the source code for the slim packages!
    New Release Time!

Changelog
    v6
    NEW BACKUPS ARE REQUIRED!
    The BIGGEST change since v1!

Code Improvements:
    The Backup/Restore code and Stock app replacement code now runs the command directly in the script instead of relying on extra script files.

The separators (#####) have been removed to make the code smaller.

The if statements have been merged into one line to save space.

App Improvements:
    Now the Google Play Store is automatically installed apart of the core apps. This way you don't accidentally forget to install the store. I moved Talkback and Google TTS to Core Apps also as I feel that a lot of apps require them so it may be a usability standpoint if you could uninstall it. Please express your feedback about this decision!

Another thing I did was remove Google Earth as I feel it is kinda outdated and duplicate functionality. I also moved Maps/Street View to the Search category.

Finally, SunBeam is now removed when you remove PhaseBeam.

Backup Improvements:
    There is a change to the Backup and Restore functionality... It now backups into a different folder for 4.3.x and/or 4.4.x! So if you constantly switch between 4.3 and 4.4 you can now have backups for both!

Bug Fixes:
    The Stock app replacement code didn't work at all. This was fixed by mounting system when the installer is launched. I didn't realize this because I was testing using MultiROM... Excuse my error.