New Software Update for D838 to D83810B.

Search This thread

kelvintisw

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
The download is quite big.. 100+mb.. Notice any changes?

Update it using your phone is much faster!

Update log says Enhancement to Apps!

I do notice an optimized used of OSB in Apps and games that previously was kind of truncated by the OSB causing it a non-full-screen game play. :good:

I also noticed that the sound quality from the speaker has been improved with the stock player, :good:

manikumary

Feb 12, 2014
hyderabad
its actually e

See attached picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-26-22-45-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-26-22-45-59.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,600

musicmadmac

Jun 3, 2013
Thanks, I may just return it to the retailer. The files are no longer available on that link. It was superb before this update, how could they get it so wrong. :(

I don't understand why they would disable a capability of the device with a software update. :what:

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Hopefully it's an oversight which will be quickly rectified.

musicmadmac

Jun 3, 2013
I don't understand why they would disable a capability of the device with a software update. :what:

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Hopefully it's an oversight which will be quickly rectified.

Let's hope they do sort it quickly, I'm having a few problems with my device now. I may need to use a backup phone until this is sorted. I have sent an email to LG. I would give up but this device is fantastic.

Let's hope they do sort it quickly, I'm having a few problems with my device now. I may need to use a backup phone until this is sorted. I have sent an email to LG. I would give up but this device is fantastic.

Let me know how you get on and I would be interested in what other issues that you have. I don't have any and I am on the same device/network as you.
We could probably re-enable lte from the hidden settings menu if we could find out the correct number to dial for this and, if not, root and an amendment in the build prop would probably work but, root looks a bit complicated at the moment. In saying this, I don't see why we should have to be addressing this ourselves but I don't expect this is something EE will assist with as this device is not for our network/country officially.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me know how you get on and I would be interested in what other issues that you have. I don't have any and I am on the same device/network as you.
    We could probably re-enable lte from the hidden settings menu if we could find out the correct number to dial for this and, if not, root and an amendment in the build prop would probably work but, root looks a bit complicated at the moment. In saying this, I don't see why we should have to be addressing this ourselves but I don't expect this is something EE will assist with as this device is not for our network/country officially.

Here we go, type 5457#*838# or 5457#*350# on your dialer then Network Mode>Global + LTE, good luck. This is the hidden service menu, the solution is temporary as you have to apply the setting again whenever you restart the phone or try to access the mobile networks menu in settings. I have contacted LG about this issue but hope this temporary solution helps. Has anyone else had this issue?
    For all those who lost the LTE option after 10F update, please try this.

As per the following link, you can resolve the problem by using Build Prop Editor. Just change the value of "ro.telephony.default_network" from 9 to 13

http://translate.googleusercontent....st=500&usg=ALkJrhgdUkwq5_SAOPvsd5Ie9COMnSho4g

Please confirm if it worked or not. You must be rooted for using this application.

I talked to a guy in taiwan and its firmware 10F has lte option (as picture sent by him). Now I think the problem with this firmware is for us Europeans ... I think we're screwed :crying:
    New 32GB LG G Pro 2 white device turned up today, upgraded to D83810e but won't be upgrading to D83810f this time. Lesson learn't!
    maybe in Taiwan are more stupid than Korean?? Only the TWN firmware is 10f... every other firmware are 10e...
    I talked to a guy in taiwan and its firmware 10F has lte option (as picture sent by him). Now I think the problem with this firmware is for us Europeans ... I think we're screwed :crying: