FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Verizon Motorola DROID X Snap-In Belt Holster - Yes Its Real

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By grdm, Member on 28th July 2010, 12:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, i got this in a few days ago so I can verify it fits the MOTOROLA DROID X not the Samsung that the description says.

You can even tell by the part # that it is made for the DROID X. Why Verizon has it screwed up I dont know, but it is the ONLY face-in snap-in holster I have found.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=46229

Enjoy, I will post pics of it on my phone in a bit.

28th July 2010, 09:19 AM |#2  

More
They have a better one that comes with a back shel also

It is called shell/holster combo for $30

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
29th July 2010, 02:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the holster. It's a little flimsy and I'm probably going to replace it with the Seidio. As for the holster shell combo, it sucks. I had it for my incredible and it gets loose.

Sent from my DROIDX
29th July 2010, 05:34 AM |#4  

More
Check out this one...

http://store.androidcentral.com/veri.../4A24A7318.htm

I like that better because it comes with the protective case, and its a clip on.
29th July 2010, 01:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
That's the one I had, it's made by Amzer. It doesn't protect the top of the device either. Mine fell out of the holster and dinged up the top of my phone.
29th July 2010, 04:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourrid

Check out this one...

...store.androidcentral.com/verizon-shell--holster-combo/4A24A7318.htm

I like that better because it comes with the protective case, and its a clip on.

I have this one and hope it loosens up over time. Right now, it takes two hands to get the phone out of the holster because it's so tight. It works great for me though, no worrying about the phone falling out of the holster.

SW
29th July 2010, 04:43 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWynder

I have this one and hope it loosens up over time. Right now, it takes two hands to get the phone out of the holster because it's so tight. It works great for me though, no worrying about the phone falling out of the holster.

SW

I might have to get this one then, if its that tight.

I work at an auto parts store so im constantly moving around, brushing up against greasy things or crawling under people's cars so I need some protection for my phone. How is the quality of the case?

Also, does the case wrap around the front of the phone? I mean if I lay the phone face down will the screen touch or will the case protect it?
29th July 2010, 06:00 PM |#8  

More
Yes, the case does wrap around the front enough to keep the glass off the counter when you lay it down. Both the shell and the hoster are rigid with a rubberized feel.

It doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone like some cases I've looked at, so the phone is pocketable when you want to go without the holster.

I picked mine up in my Verizon store, so would recommend you stop at one and ask to see it on an X.
29th July 2010, 06:40 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWynder

Yes, the case does wrap around the front enough to keep the glass off the counter when you lay it down. Both the shell and the hoster are rigid with a rubberized feel.

It doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone like some cases I've looked at, so the phone is pocketable when you want to go without the holster.

I picked mine up in my Verizon store, so would recommend you stop at one and ask to see it on an X.

yea im going out tomorrow to buy that thing. it was exactly what I was looking for... I need a good screen protector too, as i usually have dirt and grime on my hands from dealing with car parts. I heard Vzw screen protectors suck and dont even cover the whole glass. Any recommendations?
30th July 2010, 06:47 PM |#10  

More
Cool
Quote:

yea im going out tomorrow to buy that thing. it was exactly what I was looking for... I need a good screen protector too, as i usually have dirt and grime on my hands from dealing with car parts. I heard Vzw screen protectors suck and dont even cover the whole glass. Any recommendations?

Yes i have this holster. Just picked it up yesterday. And it seems secure and I liked the look and the feel of it in my hand. Just didn't like that it left the top of the phone exposed. In the holster its protected though. Its when you take it out it seems like it could possibly get dinged at the top of the phone if it fell. Otherwise it seems pretty cool. Im looking to see if someone comes out with a holster that includes complete coverage of the phone and holster combo. I think they didn't cover the top because the antenna is located there. Not sure but just a theory.
1st August 2010, 06:20 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

The screen protectors we talk about in this thread (the SGP Crystal Clear ones) are the best by far, and they also have the anti-fingerprint ones too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=738601
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)