(MoaAB) Mother of All AD-BLOCKING (02 JULY 2014) BLOCKS Malware Spyware Bloatware

Search This thread

pico hackr

Jul 12, 2012
CiTy oF HeAvEn
Here i share the (MoaAB) Mother of AD BLOCKING to STOP those Annoying ADs (Text and Media), Crazy Malware and Spyware, Bloatware, Possibly POP-Ups and other Nonsense Unwanted Parasites from the Internet

I would thank @BSDgeek_Jake for creating this​

The IDEA is to Minimize the ADs all over the device​

:::::::::: CURRENTLY 375983 DOMAINS BLOCKED (Adware/Malware/Spyware/Bloatware) ::::::::::

Performance::

* better performance
* will block almost all security issues from bad sites

Compatibility:

*android device running 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x 4.4.x
*Any device which has 1 GB RAM minimum and 1Ghz CPU minimum

This MOD requires some amount of RAM and CPU for effective functionality. Anything below the compatibility specs might be working

Instructions to install:

* Download the zip
* Copy the zip to sd card
* Reboot in to recovery
* Install the zip
* Reboot and enjoy :)

Disclaimer:
HTML:
This 'hosts' file will possible block harmful effects, active and passive intrusion of potential sites or apps but using this also/might block regular site and/or apps. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I take no responsibility of any losses and damages to your Hardware or your Software component/s caused by this piece of code. You have been given the choice of NOT FLASHING or TO FLASH the ADBlocking CWM and yourself choosen the way to stop the ADs. This MOD might also block regular domains because of the extreme blocking nature. You will also be protected from Malware/Spyware/Bloatware but limited to the extent of updates. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED  HAPPY AD-BLOCKING

Download:

LATEST_ADBlocking_HYBRID_xxxxx2014_CWM.zip

Credits:

@BSDgeek_Jake for creating this awesome mod

and me for sharing it here :p

Link to orginal thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32276021#post32276021

special note:
PHP:
All rights has been reserved from OP to share this mode here

Guys Hit the Thanks button It Will Cheer up Me To Share Different Stuffs

Attachments

• LATEST_ADBlocking_HYBRID_26March2014_CWM.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 942
  • LATEST_MoaAB_ADBlocking_20May2014_CWM.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 433
  • LATEST_MoaAB_ADBlocking_SuperBlock_02July2014_CWM.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 2,279
Last edited:

pico hackr

Jul 12, 2012
CiTy oF HeAvEn
Restoring Ad-Blocking to Stock

Hey guys here i provide a new CWM flashable zip to restore host file of MoaAB to Stock

Thanks to your awesome idea @deej_roamer

Download:

Added in attachments

Credits:
@BSDgeek_Jake my friend

@pico hackr me :p

@deej_roamer for his awesome idea about restoring to stock

Note:

Guys try to hit thanks in posts it will cheerup the OP to create better stuffs for you :), all stuffs are provided here for free , everyone share stuffs here to hug some thanks :p

Note: Please read the Orginal Post to know more about this mod and Dont forget to hit thanks in Orginal Thread

Last edited:

jman1234

Aug 21, 2013
Does the play store still function properly with this? Because I've tried adblocking before and was unable to download anything from the store or any apps like zedge.

Reactions: Lordabc

73IGH

Apr 3, 2014
Whats the difference/advantages of this over adaway? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lordabc

pico hackr

Jul 12, 2012
CiTy oF HeAvEn

in adaway users have to manually disable adds in apps and the amount of hosts blocked by adaway is less , using this mode will automatically blocks unwanted ad's from each apps and blocks almost every ad popups created by apps in device

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
it isn't an app dude its just a flashable zip it pulls few host files in to the root of your device so it works great on rooted device

I see your host list is quite exhaustive..... Awesome... As for suggestions I think a restore guide should be provided. In case one wants to go back to stock host.
Otherwise it's awesome... Thanked already...

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Adway require root. is this ad removers needs root??

If you have a custom recovery and no root, moaAB will still work

Reactions: pico hackr

vNa5h

Dec 2, 2011
It's quite huge...12 MB hosts
Can you make I lite version too

For people with small system position size

Sent from THE motog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here i share the (MoaAB) Mother of AD BLOCKING to STOP those Annoying ADs (Text and Media), Crazy Malware and Spyware, Bloatware, Possibly POP-Ups and other Nonsense Unwanted Parasites from the Internet

I would thank @BSDgeek_Jake for creating this​

The IDEA is to Minimize the ADs all over the device​

:::::::::: CURRENTLY 375983 DOMAINS BLOCKED (Adware/Malware/Spyware/Bloatware) ::::::::::

Performance::

* better performance
    * will block almost all security issues from bad sites

Compatibility:

*android device running 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x 4.4.x
    *Any device which has 1 GB RAM minimum and 1Ghz CPU minimum

This MOD requires some amount of RAM and CPU for effective functionality. Anything below the compatibility specs might be working

Instructions to install:

* Download the zip
    * Copy the zip to sd card
    * Reboot in to recovery
    * Install the zip
    * Reboot and enjoy :)

Disclaimer:
    HTML:
    This 'hosts' file will possible block harmful effects, active and passive intrusion of potential sites or apps but using this also/might block regular site and/or apps. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I take no responsibility of any losses and damages to your Hardware or your Software component/s caused by this piece of code. You have been given the choice of NOT FLASHING or TO FLASH the ADBlocking CWM and yourself choosen the way to stop the ADs. This MOD might also block regular domains because of the extreme blocking nature. You will also be protected from Malware/Spyware/Bloatware but limited to the extent of updates. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED  HAPPY AD-BLOCKING

Download:

LATEST_ADBlocking_HYBRID_xxxxx2014_CWM.zip

Credits:

@BSDgeek_Jake for creating this awesome mod

and me for sharing it here :p

Link to orginal thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32276021#post32276021

special note:
    PHP:
    All rights has been reserved from OP to share this mode here

Guys Hit the Thanks button It Will Cheer up Me To Share Different Stuffs
    Restoring Ad-Blocking to Stock

Hey guys here i provide a new CWM flashable zip to restore host file of MoaAB to Stock

Thanks to your awesome idea @deej_roamer

Download:

Added in attachments

Credits:
    @BSDgeek_Jake my friend

@pico hackr me :p

@deej_roamer for his awesome idea about restoring to stock

Note:

Guys try to hit thanks in posts it will cheerup the OP to create better stuffs for you :), all stuffs are provided here for free , everyone share stuffs here to hug some thanks :p

Note: Please read the Orginal Post to know more about this mod and Dont forget to hit thanks in Orginal Thread
    Hey guys MOAB has been updated , has been trimmed a bit as per users request

Download

in adaway users have to manually disable adds in apps and the amount of hosts blocked by adaway is less , using this mode will automatically blocks unwanted ad's from each apps and blocks almost every ad popups created by apps in device
    Does the play store still function properly with this? Because I've tried adblocking before and was unable to download anything from the store or any apps like zedge.