[Q] Edit system file without root

Search This thread

coolsandie

Oct 22, 2011
Kochi, Kerala
coolsandie.github.io
Not possible i guess. Only root users will get access to System partition. If not rooted, you'll only able to access the SD-card folder only.
If there is any exceptions, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Avilove.Cullen

Mar 20, 2012
♥♥Bradford♥♥
It's simply not possible ..:)
and if you are on xda then your device should be rooted .. :p! ! So that you can take the full advantage of being a member of it :D
Go ahead and root your device

Cheers :)

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
actually it is possible with abd it is like a temp root

what you need is a stock kernel in which ro.debuggable is set to 1 and you can use adb root command to push and pull files to system dont know about deleting

but still it is far better to root the device.

EVIL THOR

Jul 4, 2012
actually it is possible with abd it is like a temp root

what you need is a stock kernel in which ro.debuggable is set to 1 and you can use adb root command to push and pull files to system dont know about deleting

but still it is far better to root the device.

...-.-'...dhlalit11...temp root=root...but only temporary, but is always root...then the answer is always the same...it's impossible without root.

Sent with my Evil GT-S5570 from Hell

kenjilucas19

Feb 12, 2012
Download astro file manager go to manage my files > preferences > directory options > home directory > press UP from the top until you see / > then scroll a little bit and there will be an "Ok or Cancel" > press OK then restart astro > DONE! :)
One problem just ROOT your phone root wont hurt right?
Sent from my thanks button :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Odaiyahya

leonvintzeanu

Jul 9, 2013
Bucharest
I think it's possible

I have the same problem. I want to change the system sounds.
Today I was looking in my files with astro file manager. I noticed a little phone icon in the path. I tapped it and i got in the system partition.
P.S I have a galaxy nexus. It has no sd card. I don't know if it works with other phones.

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
I'd use adb, as dheerai said. I think u mean with 'root' that u flash sth with loosing warranty. But using adb doesnt void warranty, i think, cause if it would, no single developer using adb (and they do use it!) would loose his phones warranty and this might not be googles intention.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: PMGV

KD6266

Nov 23, 2015
If you just want to view them then just flash TWRP flashing doesn't require root and you can view them and if you want to edit them then sorry there's no way to edit them without rooting

Raju@9056

Nov 4, 2017
Can you please elaborate the process about how to edit the system files through adb commands?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download astro file manager go to manage my files > preferences > directory options > home directory > press UP from the top until you see / > then scroll a little bit and there will be an "Ok or Cancel" > press OK then restart astro > DONE! :)
    One problem just ROOT your phone root wont hurt right?
    Sent from my thanks button :D
    I'd use adb, as dheerai said. I think u mean with 'root' that u flash sth with loosing warranty. But using adb doesnt void warranty, i think, cause if it would, no single developer using adb (and they do use it!) would loose his phones warranty and this might not be googles intention.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app