(CM9 - CM10 - AOKP)
First of all : Buy a DECENT SD card with decent write speeds. It does not cost much and you wil be happy with the result!
I highly recommend using a class 10 external SD card for this to work optimally
What the hell is SWAP and why would i install it?
Well... swap space is a partition that will be created on your SD card on which the users inactive
will be moved.This will free up physical ram for the OS and the active
This works in perfect harmony with the A2SDX script.
Cool now give me the link, give me, give me!
Calm down, first you need to make sure you even have a swap partition on your SD card!
Just like the a2sd script you will need to partition your SD card, doing this in CWM recovery will give you the option to choose SWAP space size and SD-EXT apce size.
The script is attached to this post.
Partition your SD via CWM recovery OR via Windows. I recommend doing it via WINDOWS for optimal results!
Do note, its not needed to do this again if you already have a SWAP partition. You just can flash the attached zip then.
- VIA CWM RECOVERY:
1. Backup the contents of your SD card
2. Partition EXT3 with the partition option in cwm recovery (beware, this will erase your SD card, save important stuff to your computer and copy it back afterwards).
- For EXT4 use minitool partition wizard on your computer, its free.
- I recommend at least 500mb partition.
3. Choose SWAP size. A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.
4. Flash attached zip
5. Boot to android.
6. Reboot twice to let the script settle
7. Return backed up data to your SD card.
- VIA WINDOWS:
1. Back up the contents of your SD card.
2. Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition (FREE)
3. Remove external sd card from phone and connect to a pc using an adapter or sd card slot. (!DO NOT DO IT TROUGH YOUR PHONE!)
4. Right click your sd card in mini tools and delete existing partition.
6. Right click again and create a new fat32 primary partition, choose the desired size. (Dont forget you need some size left for the SWAP and/or the A2SDX partition) A swap partition of 128mb should be enough.
7. Click apply.
8. Create a swap partition and/or A2SDX partition in your unallocated space by right clicking and choosing primary linux swap (SWAP) and/or primary EXT4 (A2SDX).
9. Click apply.
10. Return backed up data to your SD card.
11. Flash attached zip
12. Boot to android.
13. Reboot twice to let the script settle
For more info check : http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...d_partitioning
Yeah Yeah, I installed it already. How do i know if it works ?
Go to terminal in android (If you dont have it, ionstall it from the market) and type : free
Check the line after SWAP, If there are values there like the picture below then SWAP is enabled and working fine.
If it looks like the picture below (with zeros in the swap line), you do not have swap.
Do note, the script is NOT my work, i just took the correct files together and packed it up as flashable zip. All credits go to all the people that contributed to the script.