[ROM]CM11 4.4.2 - WiFi [KOT49H] [19/04/2014]- [native USB OTG (charging), DAC, etc.]

Search This thread

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Hi

Thanks to Temasek and webdroidmt for info, native USB OTG works again.

Thanks to NetFluke, who managed to implement Timur Merhvarz patches, we have DAC hotplug support with volume adjustment. NetFluke also made kernel with OTG charging.

New 4.4.2 works really really smooth, ART and built in Superuser work.

How to install:
1. Reboot into recovery (I use TWRP 2.6.3.0)
2. Select advance wipe: dalvik cache, system, cache and data. Basically everything except internal storage. Just in case :)
3. Flash rom and gapps
4. Wipe dalvik cache and cache
5. Reboot

How to enable ART:
1. Select settings
2. Tap 7 times build number to enable developers options
3. In developer options tap on runtime and select ART
4. Reboot and wait

I recommend to enable ART before install any new applications. Works for me since rom is built.

Links:
All builds are here, just take the latest. 4.4.2 builds are in 442 sub folder. For rom with USB DAC support look here.

Gapps compatible with ART:
gapps-proper-art

Recently I use minimal gapps (playstore, syncing apks and libs, AOSP calendar sync) from here. I don't really need face unlock, Google now, search, etc. But you should be fine with full gapps. You can find two flashable gapps which I use here.

Gapps partially compatible with ART:
gapps-kk-20131119.zip
gapps-kk-20131119.zip - mirror

gdrive mirror for all files

If you wish to try CyanogenMod Screencast:
- first join the CyanogenMod community
- then download CyanogenMod Screencast

I have Linux laptop dedicated for development and plan is to make clean build every few days or when CM team submit noticeable changes, test on my device, upload and post a link.

Changelog:
- search is not force closing anymore
- Newsstand works
- lock screen shortcuts
- expanded desktop
- buttons and layout
- quick launch shortcuts
- fn buttons
- more options in Interface menu (battery percentage...)
- OTG support
- DAC support
- OTG charging support with separate kernel

About ART, if someone haven't read already. May experience is exactly the same, a bit slower installation or first application start, much smoother later.

In case that something went wrong, you can restore dalvik without wipe:
$ su
# echo -n libdvm.so > /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib
# reboot

Huge thanks to fattire for his guide and patient answers and of course to the CM team.

Old builds:

Last edited:

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
What's the difference between this and CM11

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm

For now, no difference. Just another CM11 unofficial build. You may try this one, from someone else or build your own.
First I built for my self then realize that some users have problems with other builds. To avoid off topic or giving support for something I didn't test, I made decision to open new topic and share my builds here.

New build is made over night but didn't have time to flash and test. Will do after work.

Last edited:

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
Yeah, waiting for new build cause the one in the op is 4 days old. Happy to see any kind of unofficial build available for nexus 7 cause there doesn't seems to be an official one on the way anywhere.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
New build is up and running on my devices. Repo synced in the middle of night after great rock concert, building finished in the morning (my local time).

Work everything I tested, including ART, super user, RayMan and search is not FC any more or anything else.

Edit: Newsstand works fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-30-10-52-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-30-10-52-15.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,204
  • Screenshot_2013-11-30-10-53-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-30-10-53-32.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,182
Last edited:

mradermaxlol

Jun 7, 2013
New build is up and running on my devices. Repo synced in the middle of night after great rock concert, building finished in the morning (my local time).

Work everything I tested, including ART, super user, RayMan and search is not FC any more or anything else.

Edit: Newsstand works fine.

Downloading ^_^

Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 при помощи Tapatalk

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
The latest ROM is failing to install. Using twrp 2.3.6.1, it just says installation failed. Redownloading the ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
The latest ROM is failing to install. Using twrp 2.3.6.1, it just says installation failed. Redownloading the ROM.

I use latest build all day today, maybe broken download or upload. Here is md5: e0f04a7d31a12e80f10a6238cc6851e2

Let me know if is broken and I'll upload again.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhu1

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
I use latest build all day today, maybe broken download or upload. Here is md5: e0f04a7d31a12e80f10a6238cc6851e2

Let me know if is broken and I'll upload again.

This md5 is different from the one of the file I downloaded. Redownloading the file and will try to re install.

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
In mean time, I'm uploading file again. Build works really great :)

I redownloaded and this time the md5 matches the one u posted. Really excited to flash this one, finally a fc free/ stable pure cm11 ROM. Thanks. Btw, u might wanna add the pa gapps link, its on their site, its 245 mb and has all apps and works great.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Thank you all for info. I also downloaded and md5 is fine. Anyway, just in case I will continue upload to dropbox.

Gapps, linked in first post, work with ART and I prefer smaller version. I can link also 245MB version but could you confirm that works with ART?

P.S.
I setup everything on my machine and new build is done much quicker now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Thanks to Temasek and webdroidmt for info, native USB OTG works again.

Thanks to NetFluke, who managed to implement Timur Merhvarz patches, we have DAC hotplug support with volume adjustment. NetFluke also made kernel with OTG charging.

New 4.4.2 works really really smooth, ART and built in Superuser work.

How to install:
    1. Reboot into recovery (I use TWRP 2.6.3.0)
    2. Select advance wipe: dalvik cache, system, cache and data. Basically everything except internal storage. Just in case :)
    3. Flash rom and gapps
    4. Wipe dalvik cache and cache
    5. Reboot

How to enable ART:
    1. Select settings
    2. Tap 7 times build number to enable developers options
    3. In developer options tap on runtime and select ART
    4. Reboot and wait

I recommend to enable ART before install any new applications. Works for me since rom is built.

Links:
    All builds are here, just take the latest. 4.4.2 builds are in 442 sub folder. For rom with USB DAC support look here.

Gapps compatible with ART:
    gapps-proper-art

Recently I use minimal gapps (playstore, syncing apks and libs, AOSP calendar sync) from here. I don't really need face unlock, Google now, search, etc. But you should be fine with full gapps. You can find two flashable gapps which I use here.

Gapps partially compatible with ART:
    gapps-kk-20131119.zip
    gapps-kk-20131119.zip - mirror

If you wish to try CyanogenMod Screencast:
    - first join the CyanogenMod community
    - then download CyanogenMod Screencast

I have Linux laptop dedicated for development and plan is to make clean build every few days or when CM team submit noticeable changes, test on my device, upload and post a link.

Changelog:
    - search is not force closing anymore
    - Newsstand works
    - lock screen shortcuts
    - expanded desktop
    - buttons and layout
    - quick launch shortcuts
    - fn buttons
    - more options in Interface menu (battery percentage...)
    - OTG support
    - DAC support
    - OTG charging support with separate kernel

About ART, if someone haven't read already. May experience is exactly the same, a bit slower installation or first application start, much smoother later.

In case that something went wrong, you can restore dalvik without wipe:
    $ su
    # echo -n libdvm.so > /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib
    # reboot

Huge thanks to fattire for his guide and patient answers and of course to the CM team.

Old builds:
    New build, synced with latest CM changes and then merged with DAC support plus one nice cherry pick which I let you to find if you can :)

Probably you know that if you update from CM or flash CM nightly that some changes will be overwritten (like DAC support). For this reason and because I don't use some apps I removed them from my system. List is: Apollo,CellBroadcastReceiver, CMWallpapers, DSPManager, Galaxy4, HoloSpiralWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, LiveWallpapersPicker, MagicSmokeWallpapers, TelephonyProvider, VisualizationWallpapers, VoicePlus, CMS, CMUpdater, VoiceDialer). Also, as I mentioned already I use just minimum of gapps, core and calendar sync.

This build has all mentioned apps but I recommend to remove at least CMUpdater. If you don't mind, next time I may upload reduced version which I use.

I'm still open for suggestions, if you find something what can be cherry picked, merged or you developed, adjusted, etc.
    Thanks to NetFluke somewhere in this post you may find Easter egg :D Also, for users who wish to have OTG kernel with charging, there's one more and even another one :p

I'll let you to "find" Easter eggs by yourself and enjoy in build synced with latest CM11 repo :)
    Again this conversation reminds me to good old forum joke :D

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

1 to change the light bulb then post about it
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
    1 to move it to the Lighting folder
    2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
    7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
    15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
    5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
    7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
    3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too."
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

For now, no difference. Just another CM11 unofficial build. You may try this one, from someone else or build your own.
    First I built for my self then realize that some users have problems with other builds. To avoid off topic or giving support for something I didn't test, I made decision to open new topic and share my builds here.

New build is made over night but didn't have time to flash and test. Will do after work.