HeartBleed?????

Search This thread

SwagTech123

Jul 17, 2013
Surrey
Hi,
To anyone who is reading this message I wanted to ask that I got a HeartBleed security update and I don't know if I will lose root permissions? I would install a custom Rom but I have S-On and when I try, I end in a boot loop.

P.S) How do I flash a custom Rom's boot.img file?

-----------------------------------------
Device: HTC One S
Owner: Possibly a Noob

Attachments

• 1402021385433.jpg
    1402021385433.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 50

dd98

May 19, 2013
Hi,
To anyone who is reading this message I wanted to ask that I got a HeartBleed security update and I don't know if I will lose root permissions? I would install a custom Rom but I have S-On and when I try, I end in a boot loop.

P.S) How do I flash a custom Rom's boot.img file?

-----------------------------------------
Device: HTC One S
Owner: Possibly a Noob

You can try installing the update but make sure you have stock recovery, if you do lose root then flash recovery from fastboot and flash this in recovery.

To make things easier when installing a custom ROM you could go S-OFF (using Moonshine S-OFF, Rumrunner S-OFF or Firewater S-OFF). Going S-OFF means you dont have to flash the boot.img every time

To flash the ROM's boot.img open the .zip file of the ROM and drag the boot.img file to the desktop. Then for Windows press shift and right click on the desktop and then select Open command window here, for Ubuntu press CTRL+ALT+T and type in (wihthout quotes) "cd ~/Desktop".

Then to prepare your phone press and hold the power + volume down until the HBOOT screen comes up, then use the power and volume keys to navigate to fastboot and select it with the power button, then plug in your phone to your computer (drivers must be installed)

Then to flash, go back to the command/terminal window and type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and then "fastboot reboot"
(The commands work in Windows/Linux/OS X