if i read apn using apn backup & restore wat's next?

Search This thread

deseo

Jan 24, 2010
garland tx
i wast trying to post the results that i have using apn backup & restore

i'm using apn backup & restore and then i edit the file on sd card as follow

apn name="metropcs" numeric="310012" mcc="310" mnc="012" apn="1" user="" password="" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="wap.metropcs.net" mmsport="3128" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmc" type="mms"

and i see on mesages setings
name: metropcs
mmsc: mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmc
mms proxy: wap.metropcs.net
mms port: 3128
mms protocol: wap 2.0

telme wat i'm doing wrong

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Has anyone successfully programmed MMS for cricket using this technique?

I'm going to try mmsproxy=wap.mycricket.com and port 8080 and see what happens...

jesse52006

Sep 3, 2007
u need to be on 2.1 and use mmszap google it and change those settings to wat ur provider is and you should be able to send out mms. i have successfully done it on crickets network..

zorl

Apr 16, 2008
You can use apn backup and restore. I have attached the apn to restore for cricket mms. I tried to post but it said something about posting outside links?

Anyway the only thing that needs to be changed is 5555555555@mycricket.com. Change this to your tendigitnumber@mycricket.com and after backing up your apns, restore this to the phone.
Change file name from mms.xml.zip to mms.xml.

Attachments

• mms.xml.zip
    743 bytes · Views: 64

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You can use apn backup and restore. I have attached the apn to restore for cricket mms. I tried to post but it said something about posting outside links?

Anyway the only thing that needs to be changed is 5555555555@mycricket.com. Change this to your tendigitnumber@mycricket.com and after backing up your apns, restore this to the phone.
Change file name from mms.xml.zip to mms.xml.

Thank you for your reply.

I messed around with it until I figured it out on my own on 3/13.

Looked around all over the internet, and got no help, except for a kid in Droid forums selling a 'solution'.

titanblitz

Aug 3, 2008

zorl

Apr 16, 2008
Sorry I forgot to add that you need to delete apns before restore. Make sure you have a backup of the original.