FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,086

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 8th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd November 2012, 09:39 AM |#11  
Flag Lost
Thanks Meter: 90

Donate to Me
More
Support for SC-02E Note 2 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

The the CF-Auto-Root project currently supports the following base boards:

- Samsung Exynos4
- Texas Instruments Omap4
- Qualcomm MSM8660

Other boards will probably be added soon. Currently only Samsung devices are supported, but I'm looking to expand into other devices soon as well.

To be able to make CF-Auto-Root for a device:

- The device needs to have (and use) separate kernel and recovery partitions
- The kernel and recovery format must be the boot.img standard (no zImage support)
- I need the recovery.img file, so post it in this thread if you need support for a new device

Hello chain fire
I was wondering will you be able to support the Docomo SG Note 2 SC-02E version if so the image links are below
I looked hi and low in japanese forums ,but no luck I also tried the international note 2 version of the root ,but no dice . If there is any more info you need let me know .I have no problem of adding a donation for your service .I paid for your apps before and they work great .

BOOT.IMG
Recovery.img

CPU: Samsung Exynos 4412 Quad-core 1.6GHz
GPU: Mali-400MP
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 32GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vipsavior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vipsavior Ad-Free

23rd November 2012, 08:28 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
+1 for the SC-02E, please.

23rd November 2012, 07:12 PM |#13  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 51

More
I have a question concerning AutoRoot and CWM.

Now I have a Stock-Rom with AutoRoot on my GT-I9300. If I want to make backups with CWM I have to install Rom Manager and install the CWM manually. Okay. But a very important thing is: can I change back to CF AutoRoot with flashing via Odin/Mobile Odin? Or will I loose my data?

Thanks!
25th November 2012, 12:11 PM |#14  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,086

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipsavior

Hello chain fire
I was wondering will you be able to support the Docomo SG Note 2 SC-02E version if so the image links are below
I looked hi and low in japanese forums ,but no luck I also tried the international note 2 version of the root ,but no dice . If there is any more info you need let me know .I have no problem of adding a donation for your service .I paid for your apps before and they work great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Barker

+1 for the SC-02E, please.

Try this one, let me know if it works:
http://download.chainfire.eu/285/CF-...c02e-sc02e.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver

Now I have a Stock-Rom with AutoRoot on my GT-I9300. If I want to make backups with CWM I have to install Rom Manager and install the CWM manually. Okay. But a very important thing is: can I change back to CF AutoRoot with flashing via Odin/Mobile Odin? Or will I loose my data?

Simply flashing AutoRoot does not wipe data.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2012, 01:29 PM |#15  
Flag Lost

Donate to Me
More
I will give it a shot i think i had auto reboot checked let me run it again
The Following User Says Thank You to vipsavior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vipsavior Ad-Free
25th November 2012, 02:26 PM |#16  

Donate to Me
More
Cool. I'll try too. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

It's getting late, I must sleep.
Is this pretty much the procedure to follow tomorrow (using your CF-Auto-Root-sc02e-sc02e)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-NHohy0PPU
The Following User Says Thank You to Grant Barker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grant Barker Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 07:27 AM |#17  
Flag Lost

Donate to Me
More
Well I tried 8x today but no dice. 4x manual recovery and 4x with auto reboot with a clean stock rom with a full factory flash in odin.I practice the recovery mode with the stock rom and i can get it everytime ,but when i apply the cf auto root it seems there is no recovery.I tried for about 30 mins to get in recovery but nothing.The phone will boot normal you just can't get recovery no root or SUbinary.i also did not get the red android. I tried the international version of the root with cwm and everything installed fine .i have cwmr installed cf SU ,but i still get no binary installed.

Sent from my SC-02E using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to vipsavior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vipsavior Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 08:54 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi Chainfire !
Any chance to see CF auto root for GS3 mini ?
26th November 2012, 01:02 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipsavior

Well I tried 8x today but no dice. 4x manual recovery and 4x with auto reboot with a clean stock rom with a full factory flash in odin.I practice the recovery mode with the stock rom and i can get it everytime ,but when i apply the cf auto root it seems there is no recovery.I tried for about 30 mins to get in recovery but nothing.The phone will boot normal you just can't get recovery no root or SUbinary.i also did not get the red android. I tried the international version of the root with cwm and everything installed fine .i have cwmr installed cf SU ,but i still get no binary installed.

Sent from my SC-02E using xda app-developers app

I just got home from work (10pm). Based on your results, I'll hold off for now and try at the weekend when I'm feeling braver and have more time to get out of trouble.
Was your procedure similar to the video posted a couple of posts up?
27th November 2012, 12:57 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up Flawless
This works flawlessly! First Attempt. Muchos Gracias CF!
30th November 2012, 11:06 AM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Try this one, let me know if it works:
http://download.chainfire.eu/285/CF-...c02e-sc02e.zip

Sorry Chainfire, it isn't working at the moment.

Much respect my friend. We will keep our fingers crossed.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread