922 posts
Thanks Meter: 243

By trsix, Senior Member on 9th October 2013, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2013, 12:41 AM |#21  
Flag Boise, Idaho
Thanks Meter: 99

More
When the Nexus 5 comes out, I'm dropping Cricket, I pay 35 dollars a month for unlimited minutes (call drops after an hour and a half no matter what) and unlimited SMS (not MMS) and absolutely no data.

I flashed my Gnex to Cricket, and use wifi.

It is such a pain to never have data or mms available.

Definitely selling my gnex and buying a Nexus 5 and picking up this plan. I'd just forward the calls to google voice and use my data if that'd work.

Does MMS work with the 30 dollar plan?

11th October 2013, 12:43 AM |#22  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Yep, MMS works.
11th October 2013, 01:22 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusQuo209

I have straight talk right now, but I thought they didn't have LTE?

Yep they do... if ya look at the AT&T sim area they say its LTE/4G capable.

http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...ionId=17638350
The Following User Says Thank You to Cronis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cronis Ad-Free
StatusQuo209
11th October 2013, 01:34 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis

Yep they do... if ya look at the AT&T sim area they say its LTE/4G capable.

http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...ionId=17638350

That link didn't work (session expired) but I found out that LTE works via a Google search. How is your experience with LTE on ST? Do they still throttle at around 1.5 GB??

I have been considering porting my number to Google Voice and getting the T-Mobile 30$ plan and just doing all calls with GrooveIP...

I mean saving 15 bucks a month translates to 190 a year... And being a broke college sstudent, every penny counts..
11th October 2013, 02:32 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusQuo209

That link didn't work (session expired) but I found out that LTE works via a Google search. How is your experience with LTE on ST? Do they still throttle at around 1.5 GB??

I have been considering porting my number to Google Voice and getting the T-Mobile 30$ plan and just doing all calls with GrooveIP...

I mean saving 15 bucks a month translates to 190 a year... And being a broke college sstudent, every penny counts..

Well according to their front page its 2.5 gigs of high speed data, then they throttle you to 2G for the remainder of the pay period.

http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/port...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

and yea sorry about that I suspected the session might time out on the other link just because you have to give zip code and stuff for the AT&T sim info.

I'm going to try out both plans though since im kinda curious how the speeds/coverage compare. I think I can get LTE in my area with AT&T but im not sure about Tmo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cronis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cronis Ad-Free
StatusQuo209
11th October 2013, 04:47 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis

Well according to their front page its 2.5 gigs of high speed data, then they throttle you to 2G for the remainder of the pay period.

http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/port...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

and yea sorry about that I suspected the session might time out on the other link just because you have to give zip code and stuff for the AT&T sim info.

I'm going to try out both plans though since im kinda curious how the speeds/coverage compare. I think I can get LTE in my area with AT&T but im not sure about Tmo.

Its all good I ordered the Tmobile SIM off their site to try the 30$ plan. cant wait to switch. I dont mind the 3.5mb/s im getting but I absolutely hate the ping times (around 250ms) Im currently getting on HSPA with ST. I herd the ping times are pretty bad on ST even with LTE. Hopefully I can get lower than 100ms with tmobile.

Ive been liking the direction that T-Mobile is going recently. These guys are swinging hard at ATT and Verizon. I think ATT and Verizon are getting Anti-Consumer day by day, while Tmobile just rolled out free international data and texting for postpaid consumers. Not to mention they only throttle data after you hit the limit without any overages.

Seems like T-Mobile is PRO consumer. im planning to get a few family members on a family plan with them if their service seems good. Never tried T-mobile.
11th October 2013, 06:21 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I'm selling my Unlimited Grandfathered Data Plan from Verizon for the T-Mobile $30/month plan.

My account can go for up to $700 on eBay via AoL (assumption of liability). Most likely I'll sell my existing Verizon plan, then jump on T-Mobile.

Tired of your crap Verizon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aohus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aohus Ad-Free
11th October 2013, 07:33 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
lte speed
how fast is tmo lte speed in $30 prepaid plan guys? i live in san jose, i tried this plan before on my s3 but it isnt fast at all, i want a recommendation from xda users, im using gOsmart with $30/month unlimited everything also 4g lte, but the data really slow. Thinking about go back to this TMO $30 plan or switch to Net10 or Straightalk, any suggestion guys? I'm using TMO Note3
17th October 2013, 04:59 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 705

Donate to Me
More
does this mean no more $30 a month?

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/30/t-mo...rty-retailers/
17th October 2013, 05:31 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryukiri

does this mean no more $30 a month?

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/30/t-mo...rty-retailers/

No. That refers to Classic Plans. Not Pre-Paid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wideasleep1 Ad-Free
17th October 2013, 06:27 AM |#31  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 777

Donate to Me
More
I plan on using this for the Dell Venue 8 Pro, but for my phone I use Straight Talk (Tracfone). Unlimited everything for $45/mo, I actually need minutes so the 100 from tmobile wouldn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)