New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

Search This thread

rollride

Nov 16, 2009
Sofia
one off topic question

one off topic question which is the most appropriate navigation for our devices of course for android :) thank you all in advance

rollride

Nov 16, 2009
Sofia
data connection issue

Before you try with a different kernel (now that you have disabled the allow data connection on boot) you could try to erase the dalvik cache and erase data partition. Then try market again...

I got force close on android setup wizard :D ... rebooting ... stuck on booting animation ... re-installing android ... same problem now will try with update ... still don`t work. I will try tomorrow with the latest .32 kernel and report. But dude even with this bug this build is awesome it so god damn fast and the colors are tight! In future i will be very glad to see more builds like this one :) !

rollride

Nov 16, 2009
Sofia
finally got it

Finally I got it after all headache about data connection I re-read the whole tread to see if i am missing something and on the first page i saw a nbh with data and wifi enabled. Flashed it and everything is working fine. Thank you once again for your build and good work ... Now I am going to test the new release of this awesome build. But before that I want to ask if someone have installed it, is the free space in phone storage memory the same as it is in 1.0 or is it less ... or is it more! :)

And one more off topic question i am thinking of buying a new battery with capacity of 2800mAh my current is 1350mAh so my question is should I change the battery capacity in atools or i can leave by default like it is in the moment?

Thank you in advance all.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kaiser ROM is based on not so super froyo RLS18
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1.02 is the latest version and is a full version, so you do not need to download 1.0
    If you want to set a locale other than Spanish or English you will still need to apply this patch
    and as a result of the patch you will loose the battery % indicator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine 1.02

Tested with clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel and a recent atools generated 2.6.32 vanilla kernel

Change log:

Initial release
    The desktop background has been changed by a smaller file
    The battery indicator has % and battery shape (not the green circle)
    Go launcher EX in DATA
    minor updates
    removed some fat in line with FatFree RLS5

Fully odexed SYSTEM for a faster boot
    minor bug fixes
    minor app updates

Replaced 1.01 market with one optimized for the Kaiser (thanks to my tocayo Arturo for the tip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For your convenience here are two kernels tested with this rom:

Kernel with both wifi and DATA enabled clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel

Kernel with WIFI-only clemsys #63 wifi-only 2.6.32 kernel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want better localization at the price of the battery percentage indicator you can install this patch
    But bear in mind I do not personally use this patch and it is reported not to work with Valentine 1.02 so I recommend you do a nand backup before trying it

Feedback is welcome...
    If you have another kernel that works fine with this rom, please send it to me indicating if it is .32 or .25 and what you have tested and I will be happy to add it to this post to help other users looking for the perfect match rom + kernel

and if somebody wants screenshots you can find some there (with a theme on)

http://www.ziddu.com/download/13802744/androidinstall.rar.html

TIPS AND KNOWN ISSUES:

- If you have issues with wifi, 3g or bluetooth, install this androidupdate tar ball:

and repair permissions afterwards

- When using atools please set the correct panel type and refrain from using ´auto´ as that feature is far from working well.

- If you have problems with sound and/or camera try using radio 1.70.19.9 (and not later)
    glad you like it!
    I must admit I haven´t tried exporting from SIM as all my contacts are on my google account. Did this work in ´Not so super froyo RLS18?´
    Feel free to elaborate on the nature of the problem...

wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx :) Good job
    Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?
    the lack of language support is due to the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk

You could update your system with the one from RLS18 and you will recover your language support (you will use the battery % indicator and the smaller (faster) desktop background

so take framework-res.apk from RLS18
    create a folder called system, and inside another one called framework

tar this ´system´ folder and call it androidupdate.tar

flash that using update (use the atools script)

Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?
    I have added the localization patch to the first post, enjoy it :)

This is right, same for me, but any settings - I dont understand it in english :eek: Because my english isn't wery well..