Is it possible to root Micromax a87 ninja 4?

Search This thread

orphansmith

Dec 14, 2009
hyderabad
Hi

Is there any chance to root above nlmentioned phone.
It used gb 2.3.5 version. ,
If any body pls PM me

Thanks in advance.
Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AayTee

aunriz

Apr 13, 2010
Please guide us to root micromax a87 it is a quite good hardware just the ram is too less ie 256 and also the internal memory, i just want to root it to get rid of the extra internal memory occupied by existing rom and to tweak the rom for extra free ram, because some of the games shutdown while opening up ..that is maybe because of less ram...i hav tested asphalt 7 in this thing it works well but not the games like cut the rope,

Worked games: Asphalt 7, skaterboy, Wheres my water, fruit ninja

Not working: temple run, cut the rope, Angry birds !! all editions (after downloading from play store it says package invalid)

Other issues: very less multitasking, apps do not remember the last state while resuming,

Lets take the first step towards rooting, i got this screen while i tried to go into the recovery screen connecting it to pc and pressing Volume up + Power,

DSCN0276.jpg

i had no idea what to do, the options can be highlighted using volume keys and select with power key, i chose to reboot and it started normally.
While in pc it detects the device micromax a87 as a cdrom drive

i also downloaded the drivers which i got on micromax site - download
they have some intresting stuff i didnt played wd them yet

Any further requests please let me know :)

arvindbsp

Nov 21, 2011
Bilaspur (c.g.)
The Procedure Here--
1. download the attachments here.
2. download this : unlockroot23.rar (mediafire.com/?jrzuezl8s5t8k0s)
3. download android sdk from Android SDK | Android Developers.
----Driver for Micromax A57 by micromax superphone website ---
and install it by following the instruction onthe page.
4.extract the usb.ini file in the ".android" folder located at C:/users/(ur_ computer name)/.android
5.You dont need to create this folder it should already exist...after you installed the sdk.
6.download and install unlock root from step 2
7. go to your phone's settings->applications->development and enable USB Debugging NOW connect your phone to PC.
8. go to C:/users/(ur_computer name)/android-sdk/platform-tools
9.open command line there
10 type adb devices (hit enter)
11. verify that A87 is listed.
12. now run unlock root. and click root option.
13. Done

Arnovk

Sep 20, 2012
The Procedure Here--
4.extract the usb.ini file in the ".android" folder located at C:/users/(ur_ computer name)/.android
5.You dont need to create this folder it should already exist...after you installed the sdk.
7. go to your phone's settings->applications->development and enable USB Debugging NOW connect your phone to PC.
13. Done

Any Body tried this..

Reactions: aryanxxx5

india.vikrant

Apr 3, 2012
Not successful

The Procedure Here--
13. Done

What do you mean by extracting the usb.ini file inn your step "4". i mean its just a text file. hw can we extract it. the drivers of the phone are successfully installed and "Android Composite ADB Interface" is showing in the device manager but still "adb devices" command is not showing the connected phone. USB Debugging is enabled.

Sep 19, 2012
Kolkata
technosphere.tk
What do you mean by extracting the usb.ini file inn your step "4". i mean its just a text file. hw can we extract it. the drivers of the phone are successfully installed and "Android Composite ADB Interface" is showing in the device manager but still "adb devices" command is not showing the connected phone. USB Debugging is enabled.

I have attached the adb_usb.ini file. If it still doesn't work, tell me. I will try my best to help you. Best of luck :good:

Attachments

• adb_usb.zip
    201 bytes · Views: 3,525

india.vikrant

Apr 3, 2012
I have attached the adb_usb.ini file. If it still doesn't work, tell me. I will try my best to help you. Best of luck :good:

thanx... i updated my default adb_usb.ini file with the values provided in the file you attached. it has worked now .. thnx a lot.. but i have a question now. It was mentioned in the default file that we should use "android update adb" command and should not edit the file. i tried the command and got the result that adb updated successfully and i restarted the server by first killing it and then starting it again. but the default adb_usb.ini did not update itself with the vendor id. now i entered the values given in the file provided by you and it worked.. so the ques is what if we dont know the vendor ID's .. why is not the command not working properly and updating the values..
even there are 6 IDs in the file provided by you.. are all of those values are necessary or we can delete the unnecessary 5 values (i'll find out that).

i'll appreciate if you can help providing the answers.. these ques are troubling me..
anyway.. thanx a lot for the help provided by you.. i can test my apps on my phone now.. no need of running the emulator.. also i can root my phone.. :)

my email id is india.vikrant@gmail.com. my name is Vikrant... please drop a dummy mail in my inbox

Sep 19, 2012
Kolkata
technosphere.tk
thanx... i updated my default adb_usb.ini file with the values provided in the file you attached. it has worked now .. thnx a lot.. but i have a question now. It was mentioned in the default file that we should use "android update adb" command and should not edit the file. i tried the command and got the result that adb updated successfully and i restarted the server by first killing it and then starting it again. but the default adb_usb.ini did not update itself with the vendor id. now i entered the values given in the file provided by you and it worked.. so the ques is what if we dont know the vendor ID's .. why is not the command not working properly and updating the values..
even there are 6 IDs in the file provided by you.. are all of those values are necessary or we can delete the unnecessary 5 values (i'll find out that).

i'll appreciate if you can help providing the answers.. these ques are troubling me..
anyway.. thanx a lot for the help provided by you.. i can test my apps on my phone now.. no need of running the emulator.. also i can root my phone.. :)

my email id is india.vikrant@gmail.com. my name is Vikrant... please drop a dummy mail in my inbox

1. You can delete the unnecessary values.
2. You can get the vendor id of any device through device manager. Open device manager in your PC and right click on the device name (Micromax A87), then click on properties. Then go to details tab. Change the property drop-down to Hardware IDs and note the four digits after VID in the value box.
Hope that helped :)

Last edited:

india.vikrant

Apr 3, 2012
1. You can delete the unnecessary values.
2. You can get the vendor id of any device through device manager. Open device manager in your PC and right click on the device name (Micromax A87), then click on properties. Then go to details tab. Change the property drop-down to Hardware IDs and note the four digits after VID in the value box.
Hope that helped :)

of course it helped.. thanx a lot.. :)

AshishRao

Sep 13, 2012
earnoholic.com
Works perfectly.

Hey guys,

The solution given by arvindbsp works perfectly. You can PM me for any questions about it, as I've rooted mine successfully through this method.

Thank you for the help arvindbsp.

bb4ugl

Oct 4, 2011
ok frnds i am newbie and i have couple of question

1))stock rom means backup taken right after the root OR the rom from the handset manufacture ?
2))can we UN-ROOT the phone and how? (micromax a87)
3))if we can UN-ROOT the phone then can we restore the backup which was taken right after rooting and then apply the UN-ROOT method???
4))is there any application which will block freeloaded app from loading and eating up the ram without rooting
5))is there a process to take complete rom without rooting??????

final one
few of u guys have rooted the a87 and also taken the backup plz upload the backup and provide the link here
thank u all in advance for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Procedure Here--
    13. Done

Temple run is now running

Installed busy box and ram expander app and created 512 MB swap file . Now temple run is running fine.
    Hi

Is there any chance to root above nlmentioned phone.
    It used gb 2.3.5 version. ,
    If any body pls PM me

Thanks in advance.
    Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda app-developers app
    The Procedure Here--
    13. Done

Any Body tried this..