Need Help Sprint Banner!

Search This thread

atext

Feb 22, 2009
Hey does anyone have a viable way to change or remove the carrier banner name. I want to de-sprint my phone's lock screen.... I have tried everything I could find on several different forums including this one. I have tried searching for the CDMA work shop and all that i could find is the trial one that is missing the NAM tab. I have tried QPST and I get to Read From Phone in Service Programming and I get the message "Roaming list receive Failed". Today I tried the APK multi-tool. I de-compiled the framework-res.apk and modified the res/xml/eri file then compiled that as a system APK file. I inserted that file using the TWRP recovery filer manager. All of this and NOTHING. I spent a lot of time on this and learned a few things except how to change the carrier name.

I am using:
Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Model: SPH-L900
Android Version 4.1.2
I have been switching between the Stock Rom and the H2O Rom

Thank you

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
Search for 'qpst'... Be careful with that tool tho. Use it to change your carrier banner and get out. Don't tinker with it, because your interacting with the Qualcomm chipset and can easily brick your phone with that tool. Read as much as possible on qpst before using it to minimize your chances of screwing it up.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32

atext

Feb 22, 2009
Yo thanks. I have tried several differeny builds and the I got to work is qpst 2.7.378 and I get "roaming list receive failed" after I read from phone in service programing. Any ideas what I can do.