Thanks Meter: 2,717

By Nexx, Retired Recognized Developer on 19th September 2011, 12:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2011, 10:43 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2,459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexx

The old "stable" ROM and the nightly use the same code, if it worked on one it should work on the other. All I can say for sure is it seems to be working for me. When on WiFi the mobile data icon disappears from the top bar and the WiFi one takes it place.

When the screen goes off, WiFi is disabled and mobile data comes back on until WiFi is re-established. Exactly as expected =\

Yep the same here - the data icon dissapears from the Notification bar, but if I go to the Settings -> Networks -> Mobile Network the checkbox for Data connection is checked when the WiFi is ON and the power widget indicates that Data is ON as well. On the "stable" version on turning of WiFi the Data was automatically switched off completely - both in the Settings and the widget (and stays OFF after manually disabling the WiFi) - maybe that was a bug of the radio that I am using??

Anyway it is not a big deal since I can alway disable it manually from the power widget...

1st October 2011, 12:03 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidabuddha

Yep the same here - the data icon dissapears from the Notification bar, but if I go to the Settings -> Networks -> Mobile Network the checkbox for Data connection is checked when the WiFi is ON and the power widget indicates that Data is ON as well. On the "stable" version on turning of WiFi the Data was automatically switched off completely - both in the Settings and the widget (and stays OFF after manually disabling the WiFi) - maybe that was a bug of the radio that I am using??

Anyway it is not a big deal since I can alway disable it manually from the power widget...

Can you check Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Mobile network state?
My phone says 'Disconnected' when wifi is on, with 'Data enabled' is checked in Mobile network settings.
Seems to work as it should
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan '07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dylan '07 Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 12:26 AM |#113  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan '07

Can you check Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Mobile network state?
My phone says 'Disconnected' when wifi is on, with 'Data enabled' is checked in Mobile network settings.
Seems to work as it should

Correct, my mobile data icon on the power widget stays lit yet mobile data disconnects when WiFi is enabled.

The widget is the overall control of mobile data, it being lit when WiFi is on is kinda like it telling you it's still "enabled" and will be turned back on when the WiFi goes off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nexx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nexx Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 09:25 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexx

Can anyone who suffers a reboot please fetch /proc/last_kmsg off your phone after it's rebooted and send me a link via IM to it?

I'll try and get to the bottom of this ASAP

Will do that... waiting patiently for the next reboot ;)
1st October 2011, 01:07 PM |#115  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meinnameisthase

Will do that... waiting patiently for the next reboot ;)

If you've already had a reboot, the last_kmsg should still be valid, can you upload it and IM me a copy.

I just had a reboot too, I want to make sure yours is the same.

Edit:
Ok, I think I have this fixed, can someone who has had their phone reboot please upload your last_kmsg and either IM or post a link. Then I can confirm this is the same issue and push the necessary updates out.

You do not need to wait for your phone to reboot again if you haven't rebooted it manually since it crashed, last_kmsg contains the previous kernel log.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nexx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nexx Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 07:58 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mine just rebooted, last_kmsg is here
1st October 2011, 08:30 PM |#117  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 244

More
when are we going to get a stable release of this?
1st October 2011, 09:05 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 2,459

More
I have a question to the developers!

the partition table of the new hboot 2.00.2002 is:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /system/lib ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /data ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /cache ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 /devlog ext4

now after a full system restore from scratch (because of the E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log) and the installation the radio my partitions are as follows:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /devlog ext4

is this affecting the performance of the system somehow and maybe I should downgrade the hboot to the previous version? Or more generally - should the users of CyanogenMod follow the system updates (hboot, radio) issued by the HTC or they are not quite compatible with the CM code?

Any explanation will be helpful, thanks in advance
1st October 2011, 09:44 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 2,977

More
I'm also interested in this, at the new hoot thread I asked why my partition table has no extra partition for /system/lib an week or so ago, but no luck I got no answer.
I'm hoping you got more luck.

Edit:
I did a normal restore of an backup with 4ext after flashing new hoot.
I don't think that the system remounts partitions set by the bootloader or am I wrong?
Or is the bootloader anyway mounting something expect it needs some partitions to update or if you boot it with menu?
2. Edit^^:
If i'm right with my suggestions of the first edit, the extra partition is only mounted if you use an ROM that supports it to mount it, on other roms it doesn't do it but it also doesn't really matter except of the further drivespace the unused image needs.
Am I right with this?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App
1st October 2011, 10:12 PM |#120  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper00

Mine just rebooted, last_kmsg is here

Fantastic (really!) you're suffering the same bug I hit. I've already found and submitted the fix to both the CyanogenMod gerrit and to Cayniarb for his Tiamat kernel.

Whilst I can't redistribute the patched Tiamat kernel I'm using, I can provide the kernel which will be in the next nightly (I hope). Once I can get hold of Cayniarb I might be able to get him to rush out the next Tiamat kernel with the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_Droid

when are we going to get a stable release of this?

Very, VERY soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidabuddha

I have a question to the developers!

the partition table of the new hboot 2.00.2002 is:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /system/lib ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 /devlog ext4

now after a full system restore from scratch (because of the E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log) and the installation the radio my partitions are as follows:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /devlog ext4

is this affecting the performance of the system somehow and maybe I should downgrade the hboot to the previous version? Or more generally - should the users of CyanogenMod follow the system updates (hboot, radio) issued by the HTC or they are not quite compatible with the CM code?

Any explanation will be helpful, thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectas

I'm also interested in this, at the new hoot thread I asked why my partition table has no extra partition for /system/lib an week or so ago, but no luck I got no answer.
I'm hoping you got more luck.

Edit:
I did a normal restore of an backup with 4ext after flashing new hoot.
I don't think that the system remounts partitions set by the bootloader or am I wrong?
Or is the bootloader anyway mounting something expect it needs some partitions to update or if you boot it with menu?

Ok, personally I'm using the 0.98.xxxx bootloader rather than the new 2.xx.xxxx one. I've no idea why they decided to change the partition table but I don't believe it'll have any adverse effects whichever you choose to use.

The biggest difference is they decided to put the libraries (/system/lib) on their own partition rather than inside /system. By using CyanogenMod that space will effectively be wasted, but our phones were designed for a much bigger Sense ROM (which is over 400MB) where as CM is less than 100MB., plus I believe they pinched that space from /cache anyway :P
1st October 2011, 10:18 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 2,977

More
Thx nexx, looks like you answered the question the same time I tried it myself within my second edit^^
It sounds like I understood it the right way^^

Sry I know much editing, but somehow i'm addicted to it cause after some time somethings flashing to my mind, I hope you will forgive me^^

The reason why they putted lib to an extra partition makes sense to me, cause the content of it, is somehow used most of the time and iterating through the partition table is much faster than searching through directories on an partition I think.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)