By securecrt, Senior Member on 4th September 2012, 01:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th September 2012, 06:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 7,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoTurtle

Couldn't he copy the files into the partition on the desktop? Using ubuntu for example, or while in a running nand build? Or would that be likely to cause issues?

Nope he would miss out on important permission and symlink settings which will likely make the ROM unbootable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblaster3

well to b honest when i read on the first post that wm6.5 users and magldr users using wp7 in nand are also to be supported in the future, i never considered that recovery was a must.. guess i was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaqin

Oh, not for WP7 dual booters? Sad story Are we going to be supported in future? Or... well, I can see a workaround (make ext partition -> install CWM -> install ROM -> make backups of partitions -> install WP7 -> restore backups with WP7 space), but that would mean so much time used just for this, especially for people with WP7 already.

What about EXT partition images with ROM just installed, so we could just insert them? Would that work?

Guys, not so sad.. it's a 1st release and a work in progress.. I am sure we'll eventually find a way for all users to make use of it..

Next step I will work on is compatibility for haret and cLK users..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexmunze

confirmed adb not working,but can acess your sd-ext from recovery

Yes, I am working on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcos

Seems very nice, I would really like to try it. I've been using ph03n!x's solution from the start but found that sometimes system becomes a bit unresponsive (my guess is multiple read writes), so really looking forward to trying this one.
@ Xylo Any chance of uploading JB_PA build? Or is initrd.gz same for both?

PA is also coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clio94

first boot how many time does it take?

Not to long... You also had issues with Phoenix EXT method didn't you ?
Maybe the mount ext partition delay needs to be increased for some users... Don't know..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free

4th September 2012, 06:12 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by securecrt

I never use WP7 on my HD2 for now I hope some one can tell me how the WP7 use the SDCARD.

On WP7 first boot it partitions the SD card to 200MB FAT32 and the rest - its own filesystem which joins NAND, creating one SD + NAND partition (probably something like RAID 0) and because of that if we take out SD the system becomes unusable.
But with Xboxmod's cabs or a partition manager we can change that and resize both partitions, and thanks to that we're able to dual boot with Android.

Oh, ninja'd by Robbie P with 4 minutes while I was thinking of the answer :X He's not right with one thing now though - all new WP7 roms don't even encrypt the SD card.

@Xylo - Making it work with haret will make it compatible with WP7 too, won't it? The only thing we lack, making us unable to install this mod, for now is recovery :X
4th September 2012, 06:17 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Expectations are so high... who would believe that for the 2009 (forever new) HD2, really the best phone ever.
You guys are awesome.
4th September 2012, 06:18 PM |#34  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

WP7 encrypts the sd card and uses it for operating system space as well as for storing data. Most HD2 WP7 ROMs allow the first 200Mb of space on sd to be used as FAT storage, which can be resized. They also use the last 24Mb nand space in magldr menu.
PPL dual booting either partition the sd card with the enlarged FAT partition (primary) or (as I do) use a separate card for WP7.

I am trying to see if i can port this ATM...
It boots with original initrd.gz.....Now to see where it is running from

Keep us posted... Hoping to see a PA port to try in ext4 alongside WP7
4th September 2012, 06:18 PM |#35  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,903

More
He He this is fast.
Typing free in terminal gives me swap of 163832mb is this working Xylograph?
4th September 2012, 06:19 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Are you sure it's MB, not KB?
4th September 2012, 06:28 PM |#37  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

He He this is fast.
Typing free in terminal gives me swap of 163832mb is this working Xylograph?

Forgot to remove that damn swap script again

Well it's indeed kb, but if the rom becomes unstable.. first thing to remove is the swap script from system/init.d folder..

Thanks for the heads up and.. yes it is working, but for some users it seems unstable..

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaqin

@Xylo - Making it work with haret will make it compatible with WP7 too, won't it? The only thing we lack, making us unable to install this mod, for now is recovery :X

Maybe there is a way to modify the 'portadroid' stuff to make it work for wp7/haret users..

I also never used WP7, but I suppose you will at least need a different sd card for this to use it..
4th September 2012, 06:31 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 1,280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph

Nope he would miss out on important permission and symlink settings which will likely make the ROM unbootable..

Sure that can't be done in Ubuntu? It would probably me messy (unless the meta-inf script can be easily changed to run in Ubuntu). If theres no other options I'll give it a try tomorrow

Quote:

Forgot to remove that damn swap script again

Well it's indeed kb, but if the rom becomes unstable.. first thing to remove is the swap script from system/init.d folder..

Thanks for the heads up and.. yes it is working, but for some users it seems unstable..

I also never used WP7, but I suppose you will at least need a different sd card for this to use it..

Swap/zram seems to be fine for me.

With WP7 - Not quite, currently the steps to dual boot WP7/SD android involves tricking the system into thinking that the sd card is smaller than it actually is, once the WP7 system takes in what ever size of sdcard it sees we can do whatever we want with the rest of the card, so the card in the end would need to be partitioned WP7 Part ||| Ext4 ||| Fat32 . I take that would require an adjustment to the current installation (if it could be installed) or is the fat partition not made reference to as mmcblk0p1?
4th September 2012, 06:33 PM |#39  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,903

More
SD port
Download portadroid 4 and install ics folder to sd card
Download and extract rom
delete system/etc/init.d/00_zram
Put meta-inf and system into sdcard/ics/root folder
open kernel folder and put bootsd into sdcard/ics/root folder
rename sdcard/ics/root/bootsd to sdcard/ics/root/boot
boot via magldr or haret
first boot takes 10 mins
second boot gives you boot anim (not portadroid screen)

WP7 seems unaffected

Go for it

Edit; As can be read later in the thread, this method does not install to sd-ext partition. So unless you are testing, please disregard the above as a method for booting via Native SD.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 06:34 PM |#40  
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:

Not to long... You also had issues with Phoenix EXT method didn't you ?
Maybe the mount ext partition delay needs to be increased for some users... Don't know..

Υes you`re right i had problems.But i changed my sd card with a sandisk ultra 1 class 10 and problems solved.Well i see what i can do.For now i am stucked in boot animation logo
Thank you for your great work
4th September 2012, 06:36 PM |#41  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Download portadroid 4 and install ics folder to sd card
Download and extract rom
delete system/etc/init.d/00_zram
Put meta-inf and system into sdcard/ics/root folder
open kernel folder and put bootsd into sdcard/ics/root folder
rename sdcard/ics/root/bootsd to sdcard/ics/root/boot
boot via magldr or haret
first boot takes 10 mins
second boot gives you boot anim (not portadroid screen)

WP7 seems unaffected

Go for it

Thanks m8,

But isn't portadroid converting everything to images again ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)