Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
What will this do?
This will unlock the bootloader on your rooted HTC One X from AT&T.​

Download

Who do I thank?
Don't thank me. Thank DesignGears for creating this awesome tool. And, of course you'll want to thank grankin101 for finding out how to spoof the CID.​

Linux Version by JeepFreak
Here's a linux script to get SuperCID. It's fully automated, but only does SuperCID, no unlocking!
http://www.slicky.net/code/onexl/SuperCID-OneXL.tar.gz

Dowload SuperCID-OneXL.tar.gz
Extract the file
Open a terminal window in the directory it creates
Type: chmod +x supercid.sh
Press enter.
Type: ./supercid.sh

And you're done!

This works with Rogers and AT&T.​

Last edited:

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
I'm going to get a replacement device. I unlocked my current one the manual way. Does your automated method change the cid to supercid? Or just the rogers one?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
great jobs guys. does anyone know if we can flash stock after unlocking att one x bootloader?

by this i mean stock, without having the tampered or other indicators ?

or now that we have unlock + cwm, will we use a new resource?

wanted to confirm it worked, and i now have an unlocked bootloader =)

Last edited:

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
also should probably add to the op that this will wipe your phone (doesnt remove root though)
(it wont wipe the sd card but all my apps and text and such are gone)

wasnt expecting that so i didnt have current backups of my apps/text and everything... =/

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
So I've been testing a lot of stuff on my phone and did the manual unlock earlier but from all the testing my phone started to feel laggy so I decided to run the RUU. Now I tried to manually unlock and used this tool to unlock and it brings up the screen on the phone asking if I want to unlock and I select yes. But when I boot back into the bootloader it still says relocked. I've tried using the original token and a new one but it still won't unlock again???????

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
If I unlocked my bootloader on 1.73, can I upgrade to 1.82 afterwards without any issues?

yes. no problems. one click unlock is using supercid, so you can downgrade firmware.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

So I've been testing a lot of stuff on my phone and did the manual unlock earlier but from all the testing my phone started to feel laggy so I decided to run the RUU. Now I tried to manually unlock and used this tool to unlock and it brings up the screen on the phone asking if I want to unlock and I select yes. But when I boot back into the bootloader it still says relocked. I've tried using the original token and a new one but it still won't unlock again???????

thats a strange one. i did read earlier it happened to someone else in this thread. maybe start back about 10 pages :( good luck

SEscobedo

Apr 3, 2010
what about if I used the manual unlock method? Could I still update to 1.82? Does it retain the root and unlock or will I have to do all that over again?

leletyM3

Feb 27, 2012
Bay Area
Tools worked perfectly!

Now I am on 1.73 Rooted + Unlocked + CWM

I would love to fix my multitasking issue, and I heard that 1.85 runs great. I guess hopefully a custom ROM will fix my problems. Also running 1.85 will not be a bad idea but don't wanna lose Root, or the unlocked bootloader and CWM.

I am new to Android so I m still learning.

HydroSkillet

Mar 14, 2012
DFW
Kenneth / Gears,

I edited some spelling on your bat :)
Code:
:SUCCESS
ECHO Everything looks good, rebooting to bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader>NUL 2>&1
ECHO.
ECHO Once you are in bootloader mode, press any key to dump the cid and unlock token.
PAUSE
ECHO.
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
ECHO.
fastboot oem readcid
ECHO.
ECHO Your CID should read; 11111111
ECHO If it doesn't, something went wrong!
ECHO.
ECHO Goto HTCDev.com to finish the unlock process with the code above.
ECHO After you get your unlock file, drop it into the same folder as this script.
ECHO.
ECHO Press and key and then follow the instructions on the phone.
ECHO.
PAUSE
ECHO.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
ECHO.
ECHO Finished! Enjoy your unlocked bootloader!
PAUSE
EXIT

:FAIL-NO-FILE
ECHO Couldn't pull files from device. Your device was not altered.
PAUSE
EXIT

:FAIL-SIZE
ECHO File size is incorrect! Aborting! Your device was not altered.
PAUSE
EXIT

Edit: I already unlocked using ADB,.,, used this on a friends device works great by the way, thanks for the quick script.

Last edited:

belyle

Aug 9, 2010
Kent, WA
also should probably add to the op that this will wipe your phone (doesnt remove root though)
(it wont wipe the sd card but all my apps and text and such are gone)

wasnt expecting that so i didnt have current backups of my apps/text and everything... =/

A good rule to live by when working with ROMs, unlock, rooting, etc. is that EVERYTHING will wipe your phone. Always make a backup of all your important stuff before trying anything.

Top Liked Posts