[4.1.2]PARANOIDANDROID[2.54, DPI, Nav Bar Color & UI on Per App Basis]

Devil Kernel or CM10 Kernel?

• Total voters
Search This thread

rupalazzi

Jul 15, 2011
Puerto Ordaz
There is a flashable superSU, but AFAIK the ROM (PA) comes with root baked in. See if you can just download and use superSU from market.

???

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

This is obviously over consumption. Get the betterbatterystats app or something comparable and it could help pinpoint the issue. Sounds like the phone isn't going to deep sleep state.
Trying a fresh flash definitely is a good idea.

???

Just to let you know. Had to do a clean flash to solve the issue with exchange services overconsuming battery.

All wipes and formatted system. After that battery life went from 6 hours to 18 hours.

Thanks all

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

rupalazzi

Jul 15, 2011
Puerto Ordaz
Hello guys. @Ir0nLy0n just wanted to ask if there will be anymore updates for our old captivate or project stops here?

Either way many thanks to you for an awsome rom.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

aliaskari

May 20, 2012
hi i bought a captivate which have cm7 gb 2.3.5 already flashed on it

now i want to flash this rom

what will be my steps?
please instruct guys

Sent From GT-N7000 UTACKA PA v2.56

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
hi i bought a captivate which have cm7 gb 2.3.5 already flashed on it

now i want to flash this rom

what will be my steps?
please instruct guys

Sent From GT-N7000 UTACKA PA v2.56

1.) download the ROM & GAPPS and copy them to your phone.
2.) boot into CWM
3.) wipe data/factory reset
4.) flash ROM
5.) flash ROM again
6.) flash Gapps
7.) wipe cache
8.) wipe dalvik cache
9.) reboot & enjoy :D

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aliaskari

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
I hope to be able to update further once the source is re-released. The progress on the ROM is looking really good and from following pawitp's 4.2 release it looks like it should be good to go on this "ancient" device :D
:thumbup:

Will this ROM still be going or is it discontinued? haven't seen an update in a while :confused: :(

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
I saw 4.2 base PA on the gnex threads, hopefully Ir0nLyOn will continue captivate builds!!..???

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
I doubt it. this thread looks dead to me unless IronLyon comes back with a surprise :D

Ir0nLy0n

Jul 23, 2011
Baton Rouge
ironlyoncreations.zxq.net
I know everyone is getting impatient so here is what's happening. PA has changed from a cm base to an aosp base. In order to build it for non nexus devices we have to combine some of the CM code (kernel and device device specific stuff) with the aospa(Android Open Source Paranoid Android) source. The source for aospa has been made available however the coding to compile a working build for the captivate will take some time, which unfortunately I do not have a lot of right now. I will begin the work to bring this amazing rom to our device as soon as I am able but it will most likely be a while before it is ready for distribution. My plan is that once I get a build compiled I will release it to a small beta group to help me narrow down the bugs before uploading to goo to distribute.
Thanks for all your support.

TL;DR: Update coming eventually. Be patient.

theoctagon

Oct 12, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
I know everyone is getting impatient so here is what's happening. PA has changed from a cm base to an aosp base. In order to build it for non nexus devices we have to combine some of the CM code (kernel and device device specific stuff) with the aospa(Android Open Source Paranoid Android) source. The source for aospa has been made available however the coding to compile a working build for the captivate will take some time, which unfortunately I do not have a lot of right now. I will begin the work to bring this amazing rom to our device as soon as I am able but it will most likely be a while before it is ready for distribution. My plan is that once I get a build compiled I will release it to a small beta group to help me narrow down the bugs before uploading to goo to distribute.

It's ALIVE!

Reactions: anwarkhan25

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto

HURRRRAYYY! Sorry i was getting really impatient but now that i know that this is still alive ill happily wait for it! Thanks for spending your time and effort in this ROM for us! Thanks once again! :good: :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

More screenshots

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Remove SIM recommended to avoid IMEI issues
    • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset IF you're on any ROM other than AOSP JB (May work without fullwipe from older PA versions if your /data folder is not full of things)
    • Install ROM: pa_captivatemtd (mirror)
    • Install Gapps: Here (the latest for Android 4.1.1)
    • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Check changelog
    ParanoidAndroid JellyBean - v2.1

How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

Special Thanks
    • Teamhacksung, For their awesome work all this time on CyanogenMod team, and a solid base for our device tree.

Just to give an update... I had some problems with my computer and have had to re-set up my build environment. Due to work I am unable to continue over the weekend however I hope to have an update by Tuesday.
    I'm having some issues building but as soon as it gets straightened out I'll have a new version up