[SOLVED][Q] How debranded HTC One from Voodafone UK

Search This thread

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
You have right I write wrong again, Yep I ask aboud cid HTC_032 HTC-EastEurope NOT australia :)
Then change for HTC_032 is Ok and should be work fine with my Rom ? That correct? Thanks :good:

fastboot oem writecid HTC__032
fastboot reboot-bootloader

done :) (as in completed/finished ;) )

confirm on bootloader screen or using "fastboot getvar all" that it's HTC__032 (remember two underscores)

Reactions: Wielki.Brat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can You write me how doing this under mac? I don't have now my windows laptop . Thanks

same as you would on windows (or even linux), by opening a terminal, and typing:
    fastboot getvar all

then copy/paste the output here (except IMEI and s/n).

you'll need to be quite comfortable with adb & fastboot commands to do this, so I recommend you to some research on what adb & fastboot are, how to install them on mac, and test them.
    depending on your hboot version you may also need an Ubuntu Live USB

first get familiar with terms, such as bootloader, adb & fastboot, etc.
    and once you're comfortable using them, we can proceed
    Ok it's work hire is :
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
    (bootloader) version-main: 3.63.161.6
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    (bootloader) product: m7_ul
    (bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
    (bootloader) cidnum: VODAP001
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

well, here are the steps:
    1- unlock using HTCdev

2- get s-off using rumrunner (hopefully, cause you're on a 3.63 firmware, which may or may not work)
    ----> since you're on mac, you're going to need an Ubuntu Live USB, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606577
    ---------> you may need to root your rom, and flash an unsecured kernel

3- if S-Off is achieved, you can continue either with mac or linux, you'll need to change CID to a .401. (WWE unbranded), depending on the language set you want, it can be any of the following:
    Code:
    HTC__001  -->  HTC-WWE
    HTC__016  -->  VODA-Africa-South
    HTC__032  -->  HTC-EastEurope
    HTC__102  -->  HTC-GER
    HTC__203  -->  HTC-FRA
    HTC__304  -->  HTC-SPA
    HTC__405  -->  HTC-ITA
    HTC__A07  -->  HTC-Russia
    HTC__E11  -->  HTC-Dutch
    HTC__J15  -->  HTC-GCC
    HTC__Y13  -->  HTC-Nor
    using:
    fastboot oem writecid HTC__001 <- whatever CID you choose from the above
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

4- because hboot is already 1.55, you'll need to downgrade that first (and separately): check post #1 in my guide for link and instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

5- use http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...1-27_10-31-1131-05_release_310878_signed-zip/
    to flash the full unbranded RUU to your phone, using ruu mode, check post #3 in my guide for fastboot commands (locking etc not needed unless you insist)

6- stay S-OFF!!!
    hello if im on hboot 155
    s.off and super cid am i still ok to use this methed,,thanks

s-off = you can do whatever you like

if you want to receive OTA updates, you need to change CID to whatever you are flashing.
    When I doning all this steps and everthing going ok and my HTC will be full Factory product then can I back to S-on or you recommend stay on S-Off ?
    Its any stupid red warning notification on phone when I doing S-Off or any this steps?
    Thanks

Recommend you stay S-Off, in case you need to change something in the future.
    Ok Thanks for this information, but it is theoretically possible back to S-On and after phone look like from factory? I ask i case if after this I decided sale phone.
    Thanks

yes you can, BUT you have to do it at the right time; if your hboot is 1.55+ and you go from S-Off to S-On, after a few reboots a "tamper detected - rebooting" is likely to occur, and TAMPERED will be back in bootloader.
    so you'll need to downgrade first, set s-on, and then take OTAs.

you can check my guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 on instruction of how to make your phone 100% "out of the box" including s-on, and when to do it.

PS: you can either rebrand your phone or keep it unbranded, that shouldnt matter, as far as i know.