Windows phone 7 on an android? (dualboot ofcourse ;) )

Search This thread

besuikerd

Feb 16, 2010
Hello,

Im quite new to this forum and read a lot of news about mobile phones lately. I saw a great dual boot application for wimo 6.5 phones to run android.
But now the new Windows Phone 7 is coming I'm thinking if its possible to dualboot it on a android phone.

ofcourse there will be hell a lot of work to get Windows phone 7 on an android device but if it will work out for a HD2 (wich i think will not get the update)
to hack it and install Windows Phone 7 why not try an android like the desire?

I really want to have Windows Phone 7 and I think it'll do good things for mobiles and game developers but i just can't hold it any longer with my n81 from nokia
and Q4 is to far away for me to wait for a new phone (I've read somewhere that the first HTC device with Windows Phone 7 will come in Q4).

regards,
Besuikerd

lambrospower

Jul 5, 2009
Nicosia
www.mastergenius.net
yes q4 but i think it's gonna be even later as this happens all the time. And i think you should wait at least for a month to see how the new system will perform since this is a major upgrade and not an update like 6.5 to 6.1.

donald-c

Sep 28, 2008
It can't be done. Android is open source making it possible (well, legal) to dual boot on WM phones, WM is not.
I'm sure it could be done if someone was brave (or stupid?) enough to get access to the source, but I don't think I would want MS on my back lol.