FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.0.4]Shifty Bastard v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

1,463 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
By WeekendsR2Short, Senior Member on 15th January 2013, 04:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If SmurfMod had a one night stand with MotoBlur, you'd have a:

SHIFTY BASTARD

This a mashup of SmurfMod9, JB, and MotoBlur with some extras thrown in. CM9 based. Any positive feedback/suggestions is appreciated. A port from the Shift but not really, I find it easier to build over a base the way I did when I made the original.. It worked on JellyBelly, so it should work on this ROM as well. I DO NOT OWN AN EVO, but am glad to help where I can.

ROM FEATURES:


-4.2 JB Camera with photosphere
-4.2 JB Keyboard with swipe gestures
-Noozy and Noozxoide SoundMod
-MotoBlur Clock widget
-Allshare
-Facebook Contact Sync
-Task Manager
-Beats Audio
-Moto Inspired theme built in
-Google Ears sound search
-Sony XLoud and Bravia engine
-SuperSU
-MotoBlur Launcher
-Seeder Integrated
-v6 SuperCharged
-SPEED
-GApps
-A2SD
-Flash and find out (you won't be disappointed)

*Note- Smurf Packs and addons should work but have not been tested.

Changelog:

*v2.0 - MotoBlur'd
-modified build.prop to work with v6
-switched direction to MotoBlur
-MotoBlur launcher and clock
-debloated
-added v6, kickass kernelizer, and seeder to init.d
-added a few apps
-polishing

Known Issues:

-4G- hot reboots- please don't ask
-SmurfMod settings force close (not implemented yet)
-I borked Voice Search, delete it and download from Play Store or use a backup.

This last issue is being corrected as we speak.
(4G works, just not the 4G Only button)


Installation Instructions:

1. Download ROM
2. Place ROM on sd
3. Reboot into Recovery
4. Make a nand
5. Wipe at least three times
6. Wipe dalvik cache
7. Install ROM from sd
8. Reboot and enjoy


Thanks

*PapaSmurf151- for letting me use his ROM in this mashup
*megaghostgamer
*Mazda
*lreyes
*BigSplit
*LOTK
*Team DIRT
*Team RemICS
*NITRO_100
*rgsgroup2005
*kushdeck


Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own actions


Special Thanks & ROM History

Team S.W.a.R.M. would like to send a shout out and VERY Special Thanks to bilgerryan for his tireless work in the development of this ROM. Without him, NONE of this would have been possible.
I ported this with his permission from this EVO 4G Thread which I visit from time to time. That's when I discovered that he had actually ported it to there from the EVO Shift. That Original Thread can be found HERE. Please visit both to familiarize yourself with it's history & nuances and while you're there drop the man a big THANK YOU in the box for him and his work that we are all now using.


Thank You....... bilgerryan

SHIFTY BASTARD v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port

Uninstall & Reinstall This File in Play Store to Replace Bad Voice Search in Original ROM.....

Com.Google.VoiceSearch.apk

This Install Will Add The Unique LG 3.0 Launcher to ShiftyBastard's Motoblur'd Launcher

SHIFTY BASTARD v2.1 - MotoBlur'd DS-Port + LG 3.0 Launcher
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
 
 
15th January 2013, 04:12 PM |#2  
WeekendsR2Short's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
More
Screenies ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-14-59-08.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1647948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-14-59-37.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1647949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-00-03.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1647950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-00-35.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1647951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-01-27.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1647954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-02-44.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1647955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-03-14.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1647956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-04-25.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1647957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-15-15-05-54.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1647960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-16-03-49-02.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1649473  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 04:19 PM |#3  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 38,144
 
Donate to Me
More
Looks good, thanks for spreading the work and the love. Go Team SWaRM!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2013, 05:23 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Valley View, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,184
 
Donate to Me
More
nice job!!!! we created a monster!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattlowry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlowry Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 05:35 PM |#5  
WeekendsR2Short's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlowry

nice job!!!! we created a monster!!!!

grrrrrrr! LOL

(thanks Matt)
The Following User Says Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 06:34 PM |#6  
CoNsPiRiSiZe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
This is a team that keeps scaring the competition away :P

Is this still cm9?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoNsPiRiSiZe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoNsPiRiSiZe Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 07:30 PM |#7  
WeekendsR2Short's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNsPiRiSiZe

This is a team that keeps scaring the competition away :P

Is this still cm9?

Yes it is. ICS 4.0.4 running CM 3.0.48r7b kernel. Overclockable, themeable....everything we've grown to love & expect from ICS.
The Following User Says Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 08:03 PM |#8  
strapped365's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,812
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendsR2Short

Yes it is. ICS 4.0.4 running CM 3.0.48r7b kernel. Overclockable, themeable....everything we've grown to love & expect from ICS.

I'm still getting mine all settled in. I may see what's up with the smurf tweaks cause the original dev is actually a mod for the EVO Shift and them guys know me pretty well over there to say the least.

Papasmurf has it posted that he knows they force close and he has a reason for it. IMHO he may not be done with them and don't want a half usable tweaks section, or he just isn't releasing everything he has at once. Which even I do that.

I went ahead with setup wizard on boot instead of the provisioning option but that's because I don't have phone service, and still the bars show an X for me. It don't bother me because Google Voice and GrooveIP give me what I need and that's next to nothing lol.

*Dissing Motorola Below*Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the port*

The MoTo launcher has a cool app drawer and everything but lacks in settings. The dock seemed huge and spaced funny, I don't know how Motorola was happy with it.

*Back to the port*

Everything that I have needed as an option has been met, no lockups or random reboots.

One last thing I noticed about my work lol, I thought that I made all edits needed to kill the KB lights when the Keyboard was closed...but I didn't, that's an edit I'm not familiar with so ill be hitting matt up cause having all these ports from non KB phones is where it starts lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strapped365 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strapped365 Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 08:24 PM |#9  
WeekendsR2Short's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 1,006
 
More
My key lights are tied perfectly together per the light sensor but until you said something I hadn't noticed the KB was staying lit whenever the exterior keys were.
15th January 2013, 08:29 PM |#10  
strapped365's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,812
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendsR2Short

My key lights are tied perfectly together per the light sensor but until you said something I hadn't noticed the KB was staying lit whenever the exterior keys were.

Yeah it was hard for me to see cause I only tapatalk from this device mostly while waiting for mine in the mail

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
15th January 2013, 10:13 PM |#11  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 38,144
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strapped365

I'm still getting mine all settled in. I may see what's up with the smurf tweaks cause the original dev is actually a mod for the EVO Shift and them guys know me pretty well over there to say the least.

Papasmurf has it posted that he knows they force close and he has a reason for it. IMHO he may not be done with them and don't want a half usable tweaks section, or he just isn't releasing everything he has at once. Which even I do that.

I went ahead with setup wizard on boot instead of the provisioning option but that's because I don't have phone service, and still the bars show an X for me. It don't bother me because Google Voice and GrooveIP give me what I need and that's next to nothing lol.

*Dissing Motorola Below*Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the port*

The MoTo launcher has a cool app drawer and everything but lacks in settings. The dock seemed huge and spaced funny, I don't know how Motorola was happy with it.

*Back to the port*

Everything that I have needed as an option has been met, no lockups or random reboots.

One last thing I noticed about my work lol, I thought that I made all edits needed to kill the KB lights when the Keyboard was closed...but I didn't, that's an edit I'm not familiar with so ill be hitting matt up cause having all these ports from non KB phones is where it starts lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

The SmurfTweaks in settings fc cause PapaSmurf never implemented them. He was going to but then his EVO died and he moved on to the SGS3. Yeah I think the dock is a little big too, it almost cuts off the clock. Other than that and no settings it works well tho, I do like the contacts widget a lot tho and if you swipe down it opens your favorites up over top... You guys have working 4G? I'm jealous.:thumbup:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes