955 posts
Thanks Meter: 212

By jul644, Senior Member on 26th August 2011, 04:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2011, 12:42 AM |#21  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quick question: I have a 16 gig touchpad. I have somewhere between little and no interest in WebOS. I figured I would compile my doctor with a 12GB ext3 partition, thinking I would have more space available to Ubuntu for storage. I am unable to get Xecutah to run- in fact, it doesn't seem to install properly. Under WebOS I show a scant .5GB free space, but I don't care about WebOS. (Here comes the "quick" question) Do I actually need a more evenly divided memory partition scheme just to get it to run?

(Solved. Yeah, 12 was too big. Needed ~5GB on a 16GB device)

30th August 2011, 03:11 AM |#22  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvillian

edit: i tested to see if the directories existed and i found a possible error.

i just cd to the folder to see if it exists, and media/ext3fs existed.
but the /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs doesn't exist apparently...
would that be the issue?

I can't cd to /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs either, but it does now completely work for me. Surprisingly well in fact! My problem was fixed by changing the ext3 size to 5GB from my original *stupidly large) 12GB. LXDE seems cool. Just need a flash-compatible browser now!
30th August 2011, 04:58 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Excuse my enthusiasm... but this kicks ass! Thanks for posting!
30th August 2011, 05:01 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
anybody know how to install a vnc viewer on ubuntu, i got ubuntu running and got firefox and chromium installed along with a couple other things, but am still mostly cmd n00b.
30th August 2011, 06:21 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage

able to get ubuntu chroot working properly, with libreoffice

now, hunting for a Bluetooth Keyboard

any one going to test if BT Mouses work? (yeah, i know theres a touchscreen)

havnt installed ubuntu yet, but tried my microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse in webos and it wouldnt pair. ill try again after ubuntu install
30th August 2011, 06:54 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnerf

anybody know how to install a vnc viewer on ubuntu, i got ubuntu running and got firefox and chromium installed along with a couple other things, but am still mostly cmd n00b.

xtightvncviewer runs, the scrolling is just unstable. I'll play around with it tomorrow, gotta get some sleep.
30th August 2011, 04:28 PM |#27  
Flag maryland
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue

Sorry, this is off topic. I'm sure Android will get here, but I really want to use my Touchpad (I haven't done much because I figured everything would get wiped anyway this weekend), so I think I'm going to give Linux a go. My understanding of Linux is rather crap. I thought Linux was the OS, and Ubuntu and other things were just GUIs to make it easier for people unfamiliar with command line. How could Debian simultaneously coexist?

I know I could go to wikipedia and look around and try to understand it, but by chance does anyone know any website that kinda describes Linux to beginners? I don't just want to follow the directions step by step on the guide (although its brilliant, looks very easy)without having the slightest effin idea what everything is, you know? Its weird, Linux confuses me, I don't know why. I've used ubuntu a number of times but it's just browsing firefox, not exactly rocket science!

Thanks if you can easily give link and press send then thanks but don't go out of your way, I can find something eventually, but I don't want someone else mucking around for my sake. Its no emergency.

Ummmmm, what? How is this off-topic? Ubuntu chroot is ubuntu. Ubuntu is a distro of linux. Debian chroot is debian. Debian is a distro of linux. Ubuntu chroot and debian chroot are two different folders in /media/extfs How could they not coexist? When you go to Xecutah, there are 2 options. Ubuntu, and Debian.

As for guis, gnome, kde, lxde, and xfce are all options.
30th August 2011, 05:32 PM |#28  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachine00

havnt installed ubuntu yet, but tried my microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse in webos and it wouldnt pair. ill try again after ubuntu install

yeah... I have a microsoft 6000 bt keyboard coming .. Heard you have to type passers on both touchpad and kb to make it work.... Prolly no drivers for the mouse too
30th August 2011, 05:55 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Every bit of hardware works under linux.

It's just a question of how well and how much work you'll have to do.
30th August 2011, 10:46 PM |#30  
Flag Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
I rather see a full graphical version of Ubuntu be ported than opened in chroot.
30th August 2011, 11:07 PM |#31  

More
After pairing with a Bluetooth keyboard I still get a black box on my xserver window where the onscreen keyboard should be. I assume this is because I installed it with the onscreen keyboard enabled? How can I fix this?

Edit: Found the solution... download the "Tweaks" app from preware and set the keyboard to "off" for xserver. Nice...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootnik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rootnik Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)