FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Installer] SMACKME 2.1 (kexec or moboot, native Linux or Android - with recovery!)

211 posts
Thanks Meter: 340

Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2013, 06:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Installer] SMACKME 2.0 (kexec or moboot, native Linux or Android)
Hey castrwilliam nice job
I have a question. I already have cm10 and webos installed and want to get ubuntu 12.10. But i always had a problem with kernel panic error. So i came across your recent post. Can i just follow your instructins for ubuntu or do i have to install the rest too? I already have the moboot installed. Thanks for your response

sent from my hp touchpad 32gb dual boot CM10

6th February 2013, 07:32 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Unhappy just in case Waiting for some help
6th February 2013, 10:57 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
netkillercat
This is how I did it and it worked just fine:

In my sminstall folder on the TP I had: moboot_0.3.5.zip, uImage.kexec, kexec-ubuntu.tar, and TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.

I ran novacom boot mem:// < uImage.SmackMe2, and let it run. Took probably 15 mins at least.

Rebooted, chose kexec, chose Ubuntu, all working ok....[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following User Says Thank You to viper3two For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift viper3two Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 11:22 PM |#14  

More
Unhappy i did move kexec and ubunt uimage to boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3two

netkillercat
This is how I did it and it worked just fine:

In my sminstall folder on the TP I had: moboot_0.3.5.zip, uImage.kexec, kexec-ubuntu.tar, and TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.

I ran novacom boot mem:// < uImage.SmackMe2, and let it run. Took probably 15 mins at least.

Rebooted, chose kexec, chose Ubuntu, all working ok....[COLOR="Silver"]

thank you for you for answer
7th February 2013, 01:39 AM |#15  
You're adding files that aren't concatenated yet. (hence the .1, .2. and .3 extensions.) This is what you need to do. I'm assuming you're going to be doing this on the same, Windows computer...

Code:
copy TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.1+TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.2+TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.3 TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz
copy HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz.1+HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz.2+HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz.3 HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz
Transfer the HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz and TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz files to the TouchPad's sminstall folder, and delete the .1, .2, and .3 files.

Re-run SmackMe. You shouldn't need to redoctor your TP, assuming you didn't create any cm-* LVMs (e.g. by running normal ACME).

By the way, a few hints about my installer:
  • It saves a log in the sminstall folder if you want to find out what went right or wrong
  • It NEVER deletes original installation files. It will move them to either "invalid" or "finished" under the sminstall folder, and after you are satisfied with your installation, you can delete them.
  • It will soon be updated with support for concatenating archives during installation (which would make it work when you put in the .1,.2,.3 files.
  • I will also add recovery kernels to the kexec packages, and once I have the method for modding them, I will document it. It is likely to be more involved than what can be done by the installer itself, but if it isn't, I will add hotpatch support for uImage recoveries like it does with Android normal uImages.
The Following User Says Thank You to castrwilliam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift castrwilliam Ad-Free
7th February 2013, 01:57 AM |#16  

More
Red face roger that i see lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by castrwilliam

You're adding files that aren't concatenated yet. (hence the .1, .2. and .3 extensions.) This is what you need to do. I'm assuming you're going to be doing this on the same, Windows computer...

Code:
copy TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.1+TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.2+TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.3 TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz
copy HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz.1+HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz.2+HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz.3 HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz
Transfer the HPTPSlackware14test1.tar.gz and TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz files to the TouchPad's sminstall folder, and delete the .1, .2, and .3 files.

Re-run SmackMe. You shouldn't need to redoctor your TP, assuming you didn't create any cm-* LVMs (e.g. by running normal ACME).

By the way, a few hints about my installer:
  • It saves a log in the sminstall folder if you want to find out what went right or wrong
  • It NEVER deletes original installation files. It will move them to either "invalid" or "finished" under the sminstall folder, and after you are satisfied with your installation, you can delete them.
  • It will soon be updated with support for concatenating archives during installation (which would make it work when you put in the .1,.2,.3 files.
  • I will also add recovery kernels to the kexec packages, and once I have the method for modding them, I will document it. It is likely to be more involved than what can be done by the installer itself, but if it isn't, I will add hotpatch support for uImage recoveries like it does with Android normal uImages.

thank you for all your work and your patient with dummies like me asking duh questions lol

well i tried again and got slack installed did not install but it did take up space and i see cm9 in moboot wont boot
cm10 dos not show up in moboot and ubuntu dont show in kexec menu
so thats it after runing it several time all i got was moboot kexce and slack on kexce menu
7th February 2013, 10:00 AM |#17  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 146

Donate to Me
More
i get this when i want to use novacom /bin/sh: can't open uImage.SmackMe2: no such file
7th February 2013, 12:35 PM |#18  

More
Unhappy dam it
got ubuntu and slack installed android is on moboot but wont boot still happy to have slack and ubuntu working kexec is working now for me but no android

i did a lvm lvscan and i see it did not make partitions for android so i guess no harm was done

i removed android from boot folder

ACTIVE '/dev/store/root' [568.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/var' [64.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/update' [16.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/log' [24.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/mojodb' [256.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/filecache' [136.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/media' [22.52 GB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/swap' [512.00 MB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/slackware-root' [2.00 GB] inherit
ACTIVE '/dev/store/ubuntu-root' [3.00 GB] inherit
7th February 2013, 04:57 PM |#19  

More
Angry now that i have ubuntu and slack
im good till a get back to a pc

so ubuntu and slack are installed and working
7th February 2013, 05:29 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1301

i get this when i want to use novacom /bin/sh: can't open uImage.SmackMe2: no such file

You need to copy uImage.SmackMe2 to the locations of your novacom driver installation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Remolten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Remolten Ad-Free
8th February 2013, 08:26 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Installer] SMACKME 2.0 (kexec or moboot, native Linux or Android)
OK BTW love the work you have done here.. OK i got slack all in and desided to remove my original Ubuntu install and redo it under kexec..then it broke. I get an error every time i run smackme...photo shows it (the marks at the very bottom were me hitting the volume key to see if it froze.) Any ideas...going to doctor my TP and start fresh will report. (Note this problem now shows with or with output files in sminstall dir.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

OK update soft bricked tablet during doctor..... just looping so doing partition fixes and re doctor then i'll have to let it charge up a bit. update tomorrow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)