381 posts
Thanks Meter: 485

Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2013, 02:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 618

Donate to Me
More
Re: HP Touchpad running Ubuntu Touch
I'm assuming the install process will be similar to The Nexus line, flash the core system then the phablet zip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

4th March 2013, 10:30 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
What source did you use to compile? I tried to compile it and kept getting some weird error got frustrated and gave up.
6th March 2013, 03:59 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmvxer

I'm assuming the install process will be similar to The Nexus line, flash the core system then the phablet zip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, I think that's how it will always be. The core zip is device specific and contains the CM base while the phablet zip is for all devices.
6th March 2013, 04:39 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Off to 3.0.8
EDIT TO POST. UNMOUNT PROC OUTSIDE OF CHROOT VIA USERINIT, AND NETWORK MANAGER WORKS WITHOUT FANOTIFY

Going to try a newer kernel to get wifi working. We need Fanotify in the kernel for the network manager to see the wireless. Has to do with proc mounted inside of a chroot and daemons having permission. Sad because once you run ubuntu_chroot shell to get in, you can run iwlist wlan0 scan...

Status Update Complete.

How to compile. Grab evervolv's device folder, but not his vendor folder.. grab hardware/qcom hardware/atheros and the compat-wireless from.. some folder.. forgot the name... I got these from evervolv's ubuntuphone branch for tenderloin.. (the kernel) and his build of android.

Those are the current sources.. May change.. Be sure to change ev.mk file to cm.mk, and change /vender/ev (inside of ev.mk) to /vendor/cm, ev.dependencies file to cm.dependencies....

JCSullins announced he will start work on JB. So that is cool. But.. 3.0.8 Kernel doesn't have working sound or bluetooth. Until someone figures that out with 3.0.8, Ubuntu-Touch and the Touchpad WILL NOT HAVE SOUND. (cough cough nag jcsullins cough cough).. That guy is the man to go to for that.

Backporting Fanotify is not easy. You run into having to change the msm code. (I ran into msm-watchdog.c) So much you might as well just go to 3.0.8.. I have an odd feeling that is someone were to backport it, sound would stop working....
EDIT TO POST. UNMOUNT PROC OUTSIDE OF CHROOT VIA USERINIT, AND NETWORK MANAGER WORKS WITHOUT FANOTIFY

Backup you jellybean system folder to a tarball and then extract it somewhere.. Same with the Ubuntu Touch system folder.

(I was about to give up!)
cp -R -f /jellybean/lib/* /system/lib
cp -R -f /ubuntutouch/lib/* /system/lib
cp -R -f /jellybean/etc/firmware/* /system/etc/firmware (my adreno firmware was missing, so this will fix that)

reboot.. and it worked.. merged libraries.

Fonts are not bad all the time..... Going to try this with 3.0.8 tonight.. If someone is bored today, give it a shot. Let us know how it works.

To brunch tenderloin I have to manually create out/host/linux-x86/bin and stick mkimage in there.
go to vender/cm/vendersetup.sh and add add-lunch-combo cm-tenderloin-userdebug.. I think.

there is a mkimage in the ubuntu touch source.. I used that. /system/extras/mkimage.. it needs to be compiled gcc mkimage.c -o mkimage -lz
then copy it cp ./system/extras/mkimage/mkimage ./out/host/linux-x86/bin no idea if this is required.

there are 2 bzr branch commands that need to be run.. google that.. Should be in Ubuntu Porting guide, but it's not. ubuntuappmanager library and some other library.
edit: run this inside of the ubuntu touch source folder/ubuntu
"bzr branch lphablet-extras/libhybris hybris" stupid smiles. =)
"bzr branch lplatform-api platform-api"
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38745624
dont forget to run extract-files.sh and get-prebuild, etc.

source build/envsetup.sh
lunch (pick 14)
brunch tenderloin

I bring over ts_srv and that other ts program from jellybean to ubuntu and currently add commands to /system/etc/init.d/90userinit to get stuff running.. Lazy, I am.

Confused? That is my rough draft guide.

A dude by the name of tigeris, or something that started with tig.. he helped me a lot on ubuntu-phone on irc. So did another guy named.. omxy.. I think... I will find them. Gotta go,

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
6th March 2013, 05:48 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
My wife would really like someone to pick this work up.. She wants me to .. "come back to the family"....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
6th March 2013, 05:53 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Oh yeah.. Wifi does work.
To get wifi working..

do this.

ubuntu_chroot shell

mount -o proc proc /proc

network manager should now bomb.

this is for open security.

ifconfig wlan0 essid "your essid"
ifconfig wlan0 up
dhcpcd wlan0

dhcpcd taken from jellybean tar.gz from the bin folder.. So.. yeah.. but no network-manager without fanotify and some other daemons. be sure to take dhcpcd stuff from etc.

DONT RUN ubuntu_chroot all by itself.. It will crash.

ALSO you MUST unmount proc before shutting down or it will be stuck in mtab and you will have old stuff inside of the /proc folder, inside of chroot, or rather /data/ubuntu/proc..

Problems? Restore ubuntufs tarball in recovery.
I will release something sometime soon.. after testing 3.0.8.. but if you know how to do all this stuff, be my guest.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 01:48 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Why don't you create your own github and share with us?
I bet that there are a lot of devs who want to continue.

I am really interested but I kind of got lost when you said to get the files from Evervolv... Can you post links to be more specific please?
Thank you.
-SGA-
7th March 2013, 01:54 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Its just githib.com/evervolv

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium
7th March 2013, 02:08 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Doing that tonight... By the end of tonight I will release something..

It will be 3 files.

The first will be the .zip file that has the actual /system folder
second is of course from ubuntu and is the rootfs.
Third will be a tarball you guys can extract once the tablet is booted that will just have touch and graphics working. You can use wifi if you run it from adb, and keep the tablet powered on.

I haven't even touched pixel ratio.

Oh.. a 4th file.. of the whole ubuntu touch folder.. cleaned and made proper.. Uploaded to google drive.. Or hell I guess I can look at github...

Gotta play mario with my little girl first.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 03:09 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

Gotta play mario with my little girl first.

LOL

Gotta always spend time with them
7th March 2013, 04:39 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remolten

LOL

Gotta always spend time with them

Just got the Wireless Networks to show up in Ubuntu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the network manager!

Had to unmount proc outside of the chroot.. That should get around fanotify =)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)