FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 10:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd December 2009, 11:04 PM |#111  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolino

Could it be a timing problem that the program tried to access tiles which are not totaly downloaded yet into the cache?

yes, this is actually what I suspect, too. i hope i find some time on christmas to fix this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maff90

could you make this support openpistemap.org aswell and maybe opencyclemap aswell then this would be great

thanks for the hint. i will consider that.
28th December 2009, 05:13 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Sorry can only use GPS with GPSgate so need to be able to configure individual port/baud rate.
28th December 2009, 10:42 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Cannot fix GPS on Asus A696
I have several programs that connect and fix to the GPS just fine. However, OMM cannot fix GPS and always shows 0/0 sattelites, even under sunny open skies. Any suggestions?
29th December 2009, 08:08 AM |#114  

More
omm program,gps
i have a htc snap running wm 6.5.i downloaded the cab and install no problems.when i click on the icon to open mobile maps,it says "an unexpected error has occurred in omm.exe. select quit and then restart this program ,or select details for more info. messege text unavailable.resource file'microsoft.virtualbasic resources' not found." any help would be appreciated.i cant get copilot live 8 to work either.it will not even look for gps signal.when i go to settings,search for signal,it does not even look for the gps.i emailed the company,with no response yet.thanks for help.
30th December 2009, 09:27 PM |#115  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Could you pleaee support AppToDate, so that everybody can use the newest update??

http://www.modaco.com/content/apptod...port-advanced/
2nd January 2010, 05:33 PM |#116  
Flag Ipswich
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Thumbs up runs well on my HTC Diamond Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher

Yes, an internet connection is needed to download the map tiles.

Installed faultlessly and runs well on my HTC Diamond Touch.

I think I have the same requirement as Citrix80 (Message 78) that is when I will most want to use OpenMobileMaps is while on foot in a part of the world where using my phones Data Connection to load maps simultaneously as I am moving would be very costly for me. But this is not a problem, as before leaving home using just OpenMobileMaps I can load via WiFi all the map resolutions I need for the area of my forthcoming journey, and then I can turn my phones data option off while overseas.

The only problem I have with my HTC Diamond is if I’m walking down a city centre street with tall buildings either side it has difficulty getting a GPS fix, and I had hoped to get a fix using OpenMobileMaps option “Allow GSM Location” with my cellphone connection on but my Data connection off, but this appears not to be the case?
3rd January 2010, 01:05 PM |#117  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I updated to v1.0.3640.29639 before a week or two. Since that the program closes itself after a while!

PS: here is my ommdebug.csv of the newest debug-verson (9.1.2010).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ommdebug.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.0 KB, 4 views)
12th January 2010, 12:08 PM |#118  

More
openseamap server integration
Hey,

as the openstreetmap server should be of th same communication like the one from openseamap.org it should be configurable, which server the software accesses.

could anybody verify which server / port details OMM needs and where it can be set up ?
12th January 2010, 12:14 PM |#119  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the hint. I will consider that option to change the server.

Right now I am very busy learning for my final exams so I am not able to work on OMM for a few weeks from now.
Sorry for the delay...
12th January 2010, 03:57 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
No excuses please ...

I was always told that students have the easy life:

sex, drugs and rock´n roll

Sorry I could not resist making this comment

All the best for your exams!!!!

Best regards

dingolino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher

Thanks for the hint. I will consider that option to change the server.

Right now I am very busy learning for my final exams so I am not able to work on OMM for a few weeks from now.
Sorry for the delay...

13th January 2010, 09:45 AM |#121  

More
Hey Cipher,

no worries. I am patient :D
Anyway I can leave feedback, that OMM works fine on my Samsung Omnia II WVGA (480x800). I had only some trouble loading tiles via ActiveSync, though it works fine via WLAN (did not try UMTS, yet).

Scrolling speed is impressive.

Let me motivate you: If you add a place-search function it will substitute google maps on my mobile. another gimmicks could be nice, but are not necessary:
- using G-Sensor to rotate the screen
- using auto-zoom depending on speed
- night-view with inverted colors
- loading GPX Files to add some Geocaching functionality
- disable standby by Option to enable quick car-navigation
thats all for the moment - just in case you have no more ideas :D
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)