FORUMS

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 10:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th March 2010, 11:53 PM |#201  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_hkkid

That may be the root cause of the problem. I'm living in Canada.

BTW, do you have a timeline to support North America including Canada? Thanks.

this depends on when OpenRouteService.org will support it. Please, ask them!

I am already thinking about using google's webservice for routing outside of europe as long as OpenRouteService.org doesn't support them... :/
18th March 2010, 05:38 AM |#202  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher

when does this error occure? I have never seen this before...

After install, when I try to launch the app.
I forgot to mention my phone is HTC Touch Dual(Niki100)

Done now. It`s opening now. I`ve just installed and uninstalled a few time the app.
18th March 2010, 12:45 PM |#203  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkcatab

After install, when I try to launch the app.
I forgot to mention my phone is HTC Touch Dual(Niki100)

Done now. It`s opening now. I`ve just installed and uninstalled a few time the app.

Ok, thanks for posting that it works, now.
It must have been a corrupt installation.
18th March 2010, 05:58 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there anyway to download the maps on the pc and then to copy them onto the device to use them with this app?
18th March 2010, 07:20 PM |#205  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4lduin

Is there anyway to download the maps on the pc and then to copy them onto the device to use them with this app?

Yes, there is. Just use JTileDownloader.
18th March 2010, 09:35 PM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you very much
19th March 2010, 04:53 AM |#207  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
for those of you who are using nightly builds, please update to the latest nightly build I just released.
There are lots of bugs and strange behaviours fixed regarding zooming and GPS/GSM positioning.
19th March 2010, 12:38 PM |#208  
Flag Bucuresti

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

for those of you who are using nightly builds, please update to the latest nightly build I just released.
There are lots of bugs and strange behaviours fixed regarding zooming and GPS/GSM positioning.

Problems again. I use the latest nightly build. On my Orange RO sim with internet connection works perfect. When i change my sim with Cosmote with no internet it doesn`t works for GSM triangulation. Only if I connect my phone to PC. I have no GPS receiver. I understand that it should work if I download on my PC the map tiles with JTileDownloader. I`m downloading them now. It creates a folder "tiles" with subfolders named by zoom like as "12", etc. My question is: Those tiles that i downloaded, where I should copy them on to my phone
Thank you very much for your support.
19th March 2010, 12:45 PM |#209  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Problems again. I use the latest nightly build. On my Orange RO sim with internet connection works perfect. When i change my sim with Cosmote with no internet it doesn`t works for GSM triangulation. Only if I connect my phone to PC. I have no GPS receiver.

GSM triangulation does not work without internet connection. OMM has to lookup the position of the cell tower online.

Quote:

I understand that it should work if I download on my PC the map tiles with JTileDownloader. I`m downloading them now. It creates a folder "tiles" with subfolders named by zoom like as "12", etc. My question is: Those tiles that i downloaded, where I should copy them on to my phone
Thank you very much for your support.

Just copy the subfolders named by zoom into the "osmcache" folder on your phone. On a fresh start after installing a new version of OMM you have been asked where the storage directory should be located. this is where the osmcache folder resides.
19th March 2010, 12:50 PM |#210  
Flag Bucuresti

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

GSM triangulation does not work without internet connection. OMM has to lookup the position of the cell tower online.

Just copy the subfolders named by zoom into the "osmcache" folder on your phone. On a fresh start after installing a new version of OMM you have been asked where the storage directory should be located. this is where the osmcache folder resides.

So, even if I will copy those tiles on the folder indicated by you it won`t work if I don`t have internet connection.
Stupid me...I thought the intenet connection was only needed to download those tiles directly on my phone.
19th March 2010, 12:52 PM |#211  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, even if I will copy those tiles on the folder indicated by you it won`t work if I don`t have internet connection.

GSM triangulation has nothing to do with cached tiles. You will still be able to use the map without GSM or GPS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)