Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2012, 01:09 AM |#331  
Flag New Smyrna Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39FarmallM

Yes, Movie Maker can do it. It's a bit of work, though. Pull your AVI in to WMM. Go to Tools, Options, Advanced tab. Set the picture duration down to a half second. Use more or less depending on the speed of the original and what you want as a final product. Scroll to the starting frame of your choice. Go to Tools, Take Picture from Preview... A pop up will ask you where to save it. Start numbering like 00001 or whatever system you choose to use. (They have to be in Linux order. Windows looks at this system differently.) Go to Play, Next Frame or L then back to Tools and save the next one. These will be JPEGs but you can convert them to PNGs with Paint.net or similar software. Hope this helps!

Sent to a tower near you using ClearDroid and XDA Premium!

Thank you, that sounds tedious but do-able. I will give it a try on my next day off. The avi is 26 seconds long, seems like that might take a while.
31st July 2012, 08:17 AM |#332  
Flag Pt Pleasant, WV
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Thor

Thank you, that sounds tedious but do-able. I will give it a try on my next day off. The avi is 26 seconds long, seems like that might take a while.

Just keep thinking how cool it will be when you are done!

The Following User Says Thank You to 39FarmallM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 39FarmallM Ad-Free
31st July 2012, 04:09 PM |#333  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,232

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That was kind of what I thought. Do you know of a program that can do it, I read somewhere that windows movie maker could but haven't been able to find that option.

The best free program is Irfamview, you can get the .avi and jsut separate it into images...it makes it very easy, thou you need patience to make a bootanimation....
The Following User Says Thank You to glevitan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glevitan Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 05:50 AM |#334  

More
Quote:

Just keep thinking how cool it will be when you are done!

Is there a guide to making boot and down animations? I haven't been able to locate one if there is. I managed to get the avi apart into single frames, but could use some info on the process.
10th August 2012, 06:49 AM |#335  
Flag Pt Pleasant, WV
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:

Is there a guide to making boot and down animations? I haven't been able to locate one if there is. I managed to get the avi apart into single frames, but could use some info on the process.

Try this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1096068

The Following User Says Thank You to 39FarmallM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 39FarmallM Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 07:15 AM |#336  

More
Quote:

Try this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1096068

Thank you that is just what I was looking for.
10th August 2012, 07:35 PM |#337  
Flag Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2,154

More
I mad one a while ago. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8_cjoKhDY/edit

Don't know if it'll help or not. Hange any mention of resolution to your device's
The Following User Says Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
20th August 2012, 03:41 AM |#338  

More
First Attempt
Well I tried to get this to work, but no go. I compared my PNG's to others in bootanimations that work on my phone and seem the same in their attributes, but this just comes up with a black screen. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? Not that you all haven't pointed already, I just seem to be missing something. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Attempted_bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.23 MB, 8 views)
31st August 2012, 12:13 AM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Driod Bootanimation
If anyone wants the droid bootanimation here is the .zip, I didnt get the sound working for it but I will work on it. It also shows droid animation when you shutdown or reboot.

I run mine through andriod-sdk. So if you have android-sdk place the zip file in your platform-tools.

Also i edited the desc file, changing the resolution to 500 x800, i think the resolution they had was for Droid.
basically the cmd is:

adb remount - to mount the phone (you dont need to be USB turned on)
adb push c:\android\android-sdk\platform-tools\bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip (remember the path can change based on where you stored the file but the /system/media/bootanimation.zip needs to be) Also I did not do it through ROOT explorer.
adb reboot - enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.23 MB, 13 views)
19th September 2012, 09:48 PM |#340  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,287

More
is it possiable to get this one done if you dont mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1bjzAEMNaE
ok so i tried doing it myself but doesnt work can someone help me out and tell me what im doing wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300-homer-gets-high2732a609-6a0e-4ab0-b627-cd34cae885fd.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1339109  
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (373.5 KB, 4 views)
30th September 2012, 05:56 AM |#341  

More
Quote:

Well I tried to get this to work, but no go. I compared my PNG's to others in bootanimations that work on my phone and seem the same in their attributes, but this just comes up with a black screen. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? Not that you all haven't pointed already, I just seem to be missing something. Thanks

Goodbye friends, headed for the GS3
The Following User Says Thank You to The Mighty Thor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Mighty Thor Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)