[ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)

Search This thread

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
SF, I have a qq, I needed to use mobile Odin to flash EL26/cwr5 kernel and I have one that is "StockCWM-EL26.tar.md5" and is 8.01mb. I also have one that is " update-kernel-EL26.zip" and that file is only 5.08mb. Can I flash either one as is with mOdin? Or should I rename the files to ".tar"

Also, I just use the kernel slot and click flash firmware?

sj

Sent from my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch on AoKPm5 FE10 OS4.0.4 with dpi @ 128 using Tap@Talk 2.1 Pro

Tar.md5 is larger because it is not compressed. Use open file in mobile odin. Update.zip is cimpressed and meant to be flashed in cwm or unlocked recovery. However you can also flash in mobile odin, just open the zip archive and pull out the zImage file. You can flash that as a kernel in mobile odin.

Reactions: sjsharksfan420

zarthan

Dec 27, 2007
I know what rooting is but don't understand anything about flashing. Wish someone would write these in laymans/noob terms

The original post has a link to a QBKing video partway down the page.

Videos by qbking77 [Install Root / Install CWM] thespotlite [Install ANY User-Provided zImage/Recovery]

Search on youtube for QBKing77 and look for the Epic Touch for more / other rooting videos.

I would do as much reading as you can before you start rooting and when you have specific questions post them before you get started.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
If I am on CM9 Alpha 3 - Can I use Option D to install FE10 kernel with CWM built in? I hate using odin to flash stock kernel every time i want to flash an update!
FE10 kernel does not have CWM. It has unlocked recovery.

If you are flashing ROMs, especially CM9, AOSP, AOKP, you are safest going back to GB-based kernel with CWM, for example EL26+CWM. This is available in the GB kernel section (Option C). Once you install the GB kernel, your ICS ROM will no longer boot, but you can still boot into recovery Power+VolUp. From there you can do your CWM operations.

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
If I am on CM9 Alpha 3 - Can I use Option D to install FE10 kernel with CWM built in? I hate using odin to flash stock kernel every time i want to flash an update!

I felt the same way until I used mobile odin. Now I just do my flashing on device when I'm not at the pc.. i still use the pc for special stuff that you can't use mOdin for, like sfhub's killer tools. ;).. you should check it out, well worth the $5

It also seems to be quicker too.. EL26/cwr kernel flashes very quick

sj

Sent from my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch on AoKPm5 FE16 OS4.0.4 with dpi @ 128 using Tap@Talk 2.1.1 Pro

Last edited:

wraith404

Oct 8, 2010
Updated to include stock FE14, FE16
FE16-Plus, FE16-Unlocked

Thanks yet again.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Updated to include stock FE14, FE16
FE16-Plus, FE16-Unlocked

It seems the full normal (non sfx) is still the old version. All the other links are on staging 21, vs staging 20.. I tried full non first, then full sfx.

What is the difference between lite and full by the way? I've always been afraid lite won't have what I need.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I've compiled a short list of apps that have problems with custom kernels, just to help people identify what not to move to SD for now, I hope this is more useful than spam... These are just those castaway by my own couple hundred base.. :)

Air control
Angry birds rio
angry birds space
bejeweled
captain america
currents
fruit ninja
GLWG
gravity burst
HDR Camera +
NFS Hot Persuit
Kids Connect the dots
msecure
navigon
sentinel3
Shine Runner
Simplz Zoo
Talking Tom 2
Temple Run

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
It seems the full normal (non sfx) is still the old version. All the other links are on staging 21, vs staging 20.. I tried full non first, then full sfx.

What is the difference between lite and full by the way? I've always been afraid lite won't have what I need.
Thanks, I fixed that link. Lite versions have select kernels, EG30, EK02, EL26, EL29 plus roughly the last 3-4 versions of ICS. Also it includes their CWM counterparts if available. The full versions include EVERY stock kernel ever released and their CWM counterparts.

You can use this as a repository of kernels to flash in Mobile ODIN if you like. One download gets you all the kernels to try, instead of multiple downloads.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I've compiled a short list of apps that have problems with custom kernels, just to help people identify what not to move to SD for now, I hope this is more useful than spam... These are just those castaway by my own couple hundred base.. :)

Air control
Angry birds rio
angry birds space
bejeweled
captain america
currents
fruit ninja
GLWG
gravity burst
HDR Camera +
NFS Hot Persuit
Kids Connect the dots
msecure
navigon
sentinel3
Shine Runner
Simplz Zoo
Talking Tom 2
Temple Run
I've actually determined what is causing the error, but not what is causing the condition that brings about the error.

The reason the error is happening is for some people the repack kernels are not mounting .android_secure from the internal SD. However they are still telling the apps that external storage is available. When you install an app that checks if internal "move to SD" space is available, the system says yes, but since .android_secure isn't mounted by Vold, there is no space on it. Often in this situation, if you insert an external SD, then it will allow you to install new apps, but your old apps that were installed to internal SD are not accessible.

For other people, the reason it isn't happening, is their phones always mount .android_secure from the external SD (regardless of whether they use the stock or repack). So if you have an external SD installed, than installing those apps works (as does Move to SD), but if you remove the external SD then those apps installed to external SD are no longer available.

I happen to be in the latter category, which complicates me figuring out what is producing the scenario where .android_secure is mounted from external SD. It all works the same for me whether using stock or repack. I don't dispute the issue is happening as I have mount tables from folks that show me what is happening. I just can't reproduce the behavior where the phone mounts .android_secure from internal SD, even using the stock untouched kernel.

I've actually determined what is causing the error, but not what is causing the condition that brings about the error.

The reason the error is happening is for some people the repack kernels are not mounting .android_secure from the internal SD. However they are still telling the apps that external storage is available. When you install an app that checks if internal "move to SD" space is available, the system says yes, but since .android_secure isn't mounted by Vold, there is no space on it. Often in this situation, if you insert an external SD, then it will allow you to install new apps, but your old apps that were installed to internal SD are not accessible.

For other people, the reason it isn't happening, is their phones always mount .android_secure from the external SD (regardless of whether they use the stock or repack). So if you have an external SD installed, than installing those apps works (as does Move to SD), but if you remove the external SD then those apps installed to external SD are no longer available.

I happen to be in the latter category, which complicates me figuring out what is producing the scenario where .android_secure is mounted from external SD. It all works the same for me whether using stock or repack. I don't dispute the issue is happening as I have mount tables from folks that show me what is happening. I just can't reproduce the behavior where the phone mounts .android_secure from internal SD, even using the stock untouched kernel.

I've thought about this lots. Can it have to do with people moving an sd card from an old phone where .androidsecure has been created before? I've had this issue and the workaround of unmounting has worked, leading me to believe that it's having a hard time choosing where to go,

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
If you look at the mount table you can usually tell if that is the issue.

Just type

mount

in adb shell

wraith404

Oct 8, 2010

My son is one without an external SD, and I had him back up his SD (USB Storage), format USB storage, reboot, restore vital files, the reinstall affected apps. It seems to have worked for him, he was able to move apps to SD and update them, so the theories about prior version format / mount definitions might be on track. I use both internal and a 16GB external card, It's going to take me a bit longer to backup / reformat / recover both of them, but I'm working on it now.. will post later with my results. Backing up a little, my son's issues were while using the stock el16 recovery.. not sure if that is meaningful, just data for the pot.

Formatting both of my SDs made no effect.. oh well.

Last edited:

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
My son is one without an external SD, and I had him back up his SD (USB Storage), format USB storage, reboot, restore vital files, the reinstall affected apps. It seems to have worked for him, he was able to move apps to SD and update them, so the theories about prior version format / mount definitions might be on track. I use both internal and a 16GB external card, It's going to take me a bit longer to backup / reformat / recover both of them, but I'm working on it now.. will post later with my results. Backing up a little, my son's issues were while using the stock el16 recovery.. not sure if that is meaningful, just data for the pot.

Formatting both of my SDs made no effect.. oh well.

EL16? Are you sure? I'm not sure that there is an EL16 build.. you meant FE16?

sj

Sent from my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch on AoKPm5 FE16 OS4.0.4 with dpi @ 128 using Tap@Talk 2.1.1 Pro

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
Hey SF, I've been trying to grab the latest auto root tool all day today and it keeps getting interrupted, any idea why? Going to PC, not phone.

I was using chrome though if that would make a difference

I will try on IE, have you or anyone else noticed any problems with chrome on windows lately?

sj

zarthan

Dec 27, 2007
An indicator of an eminent update??

I was just wondering if this might be an early indicator. The latest leaks have been pretty good. I have seen mentions of Samsung using Kies air for doing updates and Kies was just updated today. Just a thought.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
LITE versions updated to include
FE22 stock
FE22 unlocked
FE22 plus

Full versions will be done uploading later today (will post update as well as update the main menu image)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Revolutionary for the exploit, Denys Vlasenko/chris41g for busybox, ChainsDD for su,
    chris41g for EG30/EG31/EK02/EL13/EL26+CWM5(repack), JoshMiers for no-CIQ scripting,
    squshy 7 for EG31, Przekret for EG30/EL26, kingsway8605 for EK02, LuffarJoh for EL13,
    puertoblack2003/Przekret for EL29, calkulin/acs for FB15/FB17/FB21/FC06/FC14/FC18/FC22/FC24/FD02/FD05,
    qbking77/acs for FB27, hunterkiller/sextape for FC05/FC07/FC13/FC15/FC24/FF02/FF18,
    Steady Hawkin for EL26/EL29/FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC06/FC07/FC18/FC22/FC24/FD02+CWM-Rogue(repack)
    agat63/chris41g for FF02/09/11/18+CWM-agat
    attachment.php

This guide is for directly rooting EG30/EG31/EK02 (NOT EL13/newer) Android for the Samsung E4GT using a 100% automated script.

If you want a Rooted EL13/newer+CWM use the appropriate pre-rooted ODIN thread [EL13/EL26/EL29],
    then come back here and use Option C to install EL13/newer+CWM (NOTE: a GB kernel/zImage will NOT allow an ICS ROM to boot)

If you want a Rooted FB15/newer+CWM use the appropriate pre-rooted ODIN thread
    [FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]
    then come back here and use Option D to install FB15/newer+CWM (NOTE: an ICS kernel/zImage will NOT allow a GB ROM to boot)

This root method uses your EXISTING kernel/initramfs/recovery/rom, so it shouldn't suffer from LOS (unless you had LOS with stock to start with)

Nothing is flashed, so you just get your existing setup with the addition of ROOT.
    This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle nor will it increase your ODIN flash count.

If you are on Mac or Linux see Reference Section B
    If you want CWM see Reference Section C (to install an official OTA update, reinstall the non-CWM version PRIOR to accepting)

Videos by qbking77 [Install Root / Install CWM] thespotlite [Install ANY User-Provided zImage/Recovery]

[Optional] If you are looking to start fresh, first perform the appropriate ODIN Restore
    [EG30/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29]
    [FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]

0) Backup anything important
    With this particular ROOT procedure there is very little chance something bad will happen, but it is good practice to backup before making any changes.

1) Prerequisites Checklist
    USB Debugging is ENABLED - [Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging]
    USB Storage Mode is OFF - [Drag down the notification bar and tap on "USB Connected" - should be off by default - pic]
    Samsung [USB/Android drivers] are INSTALLED
    Phone is connected to USB port and recognized

2) Download the E4GT automated rooting package
    Lite versions contain EG30/EK02/EL26/EL29 and 3 latest versions of ICS (most people will use this), Full versions have all versions
    NEW: Even easier self-extractor for windows (Just run .exe - SKIP Unzip and Step #3) e4gtauto-sfx.exe [Lite / Full]
    Download the E4GT automated rooting package e4gtauto.zip [Lite / Full]
    UNZIP to top-level directory of your C: drive

Note #1: zergrush is a known exploit being used to root your phone. Your Anti-Virus software may quarantine or cause the download to be incomplete. Disable your Anti-Virus software if needed so the download can complete.

3) Run the E4GT automated rooting package
    From PC command prompt, run "runfirst" and select Option A:
    (if you have an aversion to typing, you can use file explorer to navigate to C:\e4gtauto and double-click on RUNFIRST.bat)
    Code:
    c:
    cd \e4gtauto
    runfirst

4) You are DONE!
    You can now use market apps that require root. To unroot, redo Step #3, use Option B. If you want CWM, see Reference Section C

Note #1 - Keep in mind, should you CHOOSE to run "su", you MIGHT be prompted for permissions on the phone's screen the first time it is run. If you don't realize that, you'll get "permission denied" and think the root didn't work. Make sure your phone is NOT on the lock screen or you won't see the prompt. It is NOT required that you run "su". You ARE ROOTED regardless.

Note #2 - It is suggested you run your phone as "stock rooted" for at least 1 day before you start installing custom ROMs. This will help you narrow down issues should they arise. Also be aware that some custom ROMs install their own BootImg/zImage/Kernel/Recovery so the "stock" Kernel+CWM you installed using this tool might get overwritten. If you experience kernel-related issues, see if your custom ROM included a zImage.
    Reference Section

A) Resources
    a1) Samsung Epic 4G Touch drivers [USB/Android]
    a2) Previous Versions [e4gtauto-v2.25.zip] [e4gtauto-v2.24.zip] [e4gtauto-v2.23.zip] [e4gtauto-v2.22.zip] [e4gtauto-v2.21.zip] [e4gtauto-v2.20.zip]
    a3.1) ODIN - Full/Factory Restore - One-Click and also Individual Modem/Kernel/ROM tar files [EG30...FF11]
    a3.2) CWM - Modem - REQUIRES EK02/newer-based kernel (+custom recovery) to flash [EG30...FF11]
    a3.3) chris41g's stock kernels repacked with CWM [EG30 / EG31 / EK02 / EL13 / EL26]
    a3.4) Steady Hawkin stock kernels repacked with CWM-Rogue [EL26/EL29/FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27 / FC06 / FC07 / FC18 / FC22]
    a3.5) Original untouched leaked ROMs [EG30/EG31/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29/FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24/FD02]
    ====
    a4) ODIN - crawrj's stock EG30 kernel (pulled) + stock EG30 ROM (pulled)
    a5) ODIN - bubby323's stock EG30 kernel (pulled)
    a6) ODIN - squshy 7's - [STOCK][TAR] SPH-D710.EG30_CL435803_REV05
    a7) ODIN - qbking77's [Modem] EL26, EL13, EK02, EG31, EG30, EG12
    a8) CWM - calkulin/chris41g's [STOCK] EK02 ROM (rooted) + EK02 Kernel (CWM5 repack)
    a9) EG30 - Full factory restore [ODIN]
    a10) EK02 Kernel/ROM/no modem (full update) [ODIN] [CWM] - (thx kingsway8605/calkulin/chris41g)
    a11) Modem - EG30 (full update) [CWM] [ODIN] - EK02 (patch EG30->EK02) [CWM] - (thx Przekret/id10terror/kingsway8605/viperboy)
    a12) [Resource] Epic 4G Touch Owner's Toolkit
    a13) EK02 OTA (patch EG30->EK02) - Sprint OTA [update.zip for stock recovery] / Rooted OTA [CWM] - (thx kingsway8605/chris41g)
    a14) EL29 OTA (patch EK02->EL29) - Sprint OTA [update.zip for stock recovery] / Rooted OTA [CWM]
    a15) FF18 OTA (patch EL29->FF18) - Sprint OTA [update.zip for stock recovery]

B) ALTERNATE - Manual rooting instructions (substitute for Step #3)
    Install the rooting files to the phone and start adb shell
    Code:
    c:
    cd \e4gtauto
    install
    adb shell
    Note #1 - If you are on Mac or Linux, the previous "install" step just copies some files to the phone. Unzip the package to your adb tools directory, then you can substitute with:
    Code:
    adb push copy2tmp /data/local/tmp/
    adb push copy2sd /sdcard/
    adb push copy2sd-img /sdcard/
    adb shell

Run the exploit (do not type the $ symbols)
    Code:
    $ cd /data/local/tmp
    $ /system/bin/sh install-zerg.sh

The previous step will take a few minutes. Assuming it is successful, it will kick you out of "adb shell". Restart "adb shell"
    Code:
    adb shell

Your adb shell should now have the # prompt indicating temporary root. Proceed to install persistent root and cleanup the temp rooting files, followed by rebooting the phone (do not type the # symbols)
    Code:
    # cd /sdcard/000root
    # /system/bin/sh install-root.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-cleanup.sh
    # reboot

C) BootImg support
    Various BootImgs are included (need to install ROOT first before these can be used):
    EG30+CWM - this is the stock EG30 kernel (not recompiled) with the additional of CWM5 to the initramfs (see chris41g's thread)
    EG30 - this is the stock EG30 kernel (not recompiled) with the stock initramfs/recovery (ie this is completely stock) - pulled from shipping phone
    EG31+CWM - this is the stock EG31 (ie EG30-Rev5) kernel, repacked with CWM5.
    EG31 - this is the stock EG31 (ie EG30-Rev5) kernel/initramfs/recovery. Allows people who flashed E31 ODIN TAR, the ability to restore the original EG31 kernel.
    EK02+CWM - this is the stock EK02 kernel, repacked with CWM5.
    EK02 - this is the stock EK02 kernel/initramfs/recovery. Allows people who installed the Sprint EK02 OTA update, the ability to restore the original EK02 kernel.
    EL13/26/29+CWM - these are the stock EL13/26/29 kernels, repacked with CWM.
    EL13/26/29 - these are the stock EL13/26/29 kernel/initramfs/recovery. Allows people who installed the leaked EL13/26/29, the ability to restore the original EL13/26/29 kernel.
    FB15/17/21/27/FC06/07/18/22/24/FD02/FF02/09/11+CWM - these are the respective stock kernels, repacked with CWM.
    FB15/17/21/27/FC05/06/07/13/14/15/18/22/24/FD02/05/10/16/19/24/26/FE07/10/14/16/21/22/FF02/09/11 - these are the stock kernels/initramfs/recovery. Allows people who installed the leaked releases, the ability to restore the original kernel.

In addition, generic support to install any kernel+initramfs (zImage) you want is provided:
    zImage - place the zImage file (case sensitive) in the e4gtauto\copy2sd\000root directory and choose the zImage option to install

Swapping between the included BootImgs while on Stock EG30 ROM is relatively safe. However once you start flashing custom ROMs and advanced kernels/initramfs compatibility issues may arise. It is best to BACKUP important data.

IMPORTANT: GB kernels (and kernels+CWM) will only boot with GB ROMs. ICS kernels (and kernels+CWM) will only boot with ICS ROMs. Do NOT mix/match GB kernels with ICS ROMs and vice versa. Other than that it is relatively safe to mix/match different GB kernels with different GB ROMs and different ICS kernels with different ICS ROMs.

Note #1 - Everytime you install a BootImg, Cache and Dalvik-Cache will be wiped for consistency. Cache and Dalvik-Cache get recreated during the boot process so your first boot will take a little longer than usual. This is normal.

D) Included scripts
    Included in the E4GT automated rooting package are various scripts which make life easier.

In particular, scripts are included to (you must have temporary or persistent root to run these):
    - install persistent root
    - uninstall root (unroot)
    - install EG30/EG31/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29/FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC06/FC07/FC18/FC22/FC24/FD02/FF02/FF09/FF11+CWM BootImg/zImage
    - install EG30/EG31/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29/FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24/FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/10/14/16/FF02/09 BootImg/zImage (stock versions from Samsung)
    - install CIQ Disable
    - install CIQ Enable
    - enable ICS USB Mass Storage Mode
    - enable ICS USB MTP Mode
    - init.d support add/remove
    - advanced tools add/remove
    - wipe dalvik-cache
    - perform OTA Compliance Check EG30-EK02
    - perform OTA Compliance Check EK02-EL29

The general pattern to run all these scripts is the same (pick which .sh you want to run to accomplish your goal, BOLD scripts would undo your actions and get you back to where you started):

Open an adb shell session to your phone (do not type the $ and # symbols)
    $ su
    # cd /sdcard/000root
    # /system/bin/sh install-root.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-eg30-cwm.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-eg30.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-eg31-cwm.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-eg31.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ek02-cwm.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ek02.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el13-cwm.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el13.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el26-cwm.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el26-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el26.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el29-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-el29.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb15-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb15.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb17-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb17.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb21-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb21.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb27-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fb27.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc05.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc06-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc06.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc07-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc07.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc13.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc14.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc15.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc18-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc18.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc22-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc22.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc24-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fc24.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd02-cwm-rogue.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd02.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd05.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd10.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd16.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd19.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd24.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fd26.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fe07.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fe10.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fe14.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fe16.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fe21.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-fe22.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff02-cwm-agat.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff02.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff09-cwm-agat.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff09.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff11-cwm-agat.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff11.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff18-cwm-agat-src.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff18-cwm-agat.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-ff18.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-boot-zImage.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-ciq-off.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-ciq-on.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-ics-usb-ms.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-ics-usb-mtp.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-initd-add.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-initd-remove.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-tools-add.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-tools-remove.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-wipe-dalvik.sh
    # /system/bin/sh install-otachk.sh eg30-ek02
    # /system/bin/sh install-otachk.sh ek02-el29
    # /system/bin/sh install-otachk.sh el29-ff18
    # /system/bin/sh install-unroot.sh
    # reboot

E) FAQ
    e1) How come I get "permission denied" when I run "su"?
    e2) What happens if I hard reset my phone after rooting it?
    e3) Why is the install stuck waiting for device to be connected?
    e4) Can I delete the /sdcard/000root directory?
    e5) How do I boot into Recovery?
    e6) What is the EG31 BootImg?
    e7) How do I tell what kernel/zImage and baseband/radio/modem.bin I have?
    e8) Will this cause LoS?
    e9) How do I know I'm rooted?
    e10) How can I get manually go to STOCK EK02 ROM and EK02 Kernel+CWM5(repack) w/o waiting for the OTA update?
    e11) How can I tell if CIQ is running?
    e12) I told it to install the EK02 update, but something went wrong, now it won't prompt me again, how do I install EK02?
    e13) I flashed Rogue CWM, how do I get it to use the original Sprint 4G bootanimation?
    e14) What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?
    e15) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    e16) How do I wipe data/factory reset from ODIN?
    e17) What is the EMMC superbrick/lockup issue and which FF18 CWM should I choose?
    This post will be updated to keep track of stock ODIN packages and stock CWM-flashable modems and kernels:

Auto Root/NCIQ [EG30/EG31/EK02]

ODIN - GB - [EG30/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29]
    ODIN - ICS - [FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    ODIN - ICS - [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    ODIN - ICS - [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]

OTA - rooted - [EK02->EL29/EL29->FF18]

CWM Modem [EG30/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29]
    CWM Modem [FB15/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    CWM Modem [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    CWM Modem [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]

ODIN Modem [EG30/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29]
    ODIN Modem [FB15/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    ODIN Modem [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    ODIN Modem [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]

CWM Kernel - GB - [EG30/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29]
    CWM Kernel - ICS - [FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    CWM Kernel - ICS - [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    CWM Kernel - ICS - [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]

ODIN Kernel - GB - [EG30/EK02/EL13/EL26/EL29]
    ODIN Kernel - ICS - [FB15/FB17/FB21/FB27/FC05/FC06/FC07/FC13/FC14/FC15/FC18/FC22/FC24]
    ODIN Kernel - ICS - [FD02/FD05/FD10/FD16/FD19/FD24/FD26/FE07/FE10/FE14/FE16/FE21/FE22]
    ODIN Kernel - ICS - [FF02/FF09/FF11/FF18]
    This is for the FAQ section:

What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?

You may have noticed that ICS ROMs by default will configure the USB port for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode. MTP mode may be more convenient for some people as it can coexist with USB debugging better, but the transfers are much slower and if you don't have the OS driver support (Mac/Linux) the USB drives may not show up.

Most people prefer to have the behavior from GB ROMs where you could drag the notification bar, click on the USB symbol, and manually enable USB Mass Storage mode.

With earlier versions of ICS, you could do this less conveniently using the menu->settings->more->USB Utilities configuration page.

Starting with ICS release FC22, the USB Utilities configuration page is no longer present. This presents the user with a problem as they cannot enable USB Mass Storage using the UI.

The Auto Root package has a solution for you. Under "Extra Options" of the main menu, there are 2 choices that affect ICS mass storage:

1) Enable ICS USB Mass Storage Mode
    2) Enable ICS USB MTP Mode

These are mutually exclusive options. If you enable one, you disable the other.

To get GB USB Mass Storage behavior, choose the first option (USB Mass Storage Mode). This option once chosen, will be persistent through reboots and is stored in your Android User Data. It will only get reset if you reset your Android User Data or manually choose a different mode.

This was tested with the FC22 release, but theoretically should work with any of the ICS releases.

Technical Details:
    There is a property which controls how the USB storage should behave. You can see the value of this property by typing in "adb shell"

Code:
    # getprop persist.sys.usb.config
    mtp,adb
    # setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
    # getprop persist.sys.usb.config
    mass_storage,adb

When Android is first installed with a clean reset of the /data partition, this value is retrieved from the default provided in the /default.prop file. The /default.prop file is contained in the kernel's initramfs. Some solutions for the ICS USB Mass Storage annoyance modify the information in this file so the value is set to mass storage mode from the beginning. This does work, but has the side effect of a kernel which is no longer signed by Samsung (ie you'll increase your ODIN flash count and trigger the yellow triangle if you flash in ODIN)

Alternatively, you can set this value after Android is installed and it will be stored persistently in your Android User Data. This is the approach Auto Root takes as I prefer to have packages which do not affect the ODIN flash count nor trigger the yellow triangle.

If you would like to change this value using an App within Android see this entry in Android Market.
    Updated Auto Root to include FC07+CWM-Rogue