Auto-Correct/Dictionary Fix for ICS Roms!

Search This thread

zZDave_Stud

Aug 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm running newtoroot's senseless 4.0.3 and am loving it. The one problem that was bugging me was the fact that there was no dictionary accompanied with the keyboard, and it would say every word that you typed is incorrect. Well I found a fix.

1. Download these two files: LatinImeGoogle.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
2. Put the apk's onto your sd card
3. Copy the apk's
4. Navigate to /system/app and paste the apk's into the directory
5. Rename (or delete) the file titled "LatinIME.apk"
6. You now have a working dictionary for your keyboard!

arl_spb

Oct 6, 2011
Spell check does not work with the Russian language, with only five standard languages.
Additional dictionaries can only work correctly with auto-correction
Apparently, the spell checker uses the same dictionaries as the auto-correction, but to check the spelling was not announced additional languages
Who can tell about this problem? ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: arlogue

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
I can't seem to paste nor rename the default apk file in the /system/app folder. I checked the SU, and ES Explorer has been granted the (root) permission.. What did I do wrong??

spitzaf

Nov 11, 2011
Longmont, CO
I can't seem to paste nor rename the default apk file in the /system/app folder. I checked the SU, and ES Explorer has been granted the (root) permission.. What did I do wrong??

In ES, use the menu system to remount as R/W then try again. Even with root you're still limited to a read-only file system unless you do that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Reactions: feralicious

mjfan80

Apr 19, 2011
1. Download these two files:
3. Copy the apk's
I tried it, buy ni my case it doesn't work

before this try, my tablet was sign almost every words in red (except some name, or some word)

now, my tablet, doesn't make any king of spelling check :-(
but the "automatic correction" is enabled in the system setting

Why? some one can help?

pararoid

Jan 13, 2012
Thanks!

Took me a while to get r/w to system/apps but once there the T9 and massively irritating underlining of every word has gone.

Awesome thank you so much.

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for LatinImeGoogle.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk and the instructions!
Solved the problem on my iDeaUSA CT702 / YG A777 tablet running Android 4.0.3

kadnault

Nov 2, 2012
not working

I have a Motorola Xoom FE, just got ICS today. tried this fix and it did not work. I was getting an operation error on the delete/rename. I went back in mounted after R/W and it still wasn't allowing it. Suggestions? All these red lines are driving me bananas....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm running newtoroot's senseless 4.0.3 and am loving it. The one problem that was bugging me was the fact that there was no dictionary accompanied with the keyboard, and it would say every word that you typed is incorrect. Well I found a fix.

1. Download these two files: LatinImeGoogle.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
    3. Copy the apk's

Awesome. You rock, dude.
    Many thanks good Sir!!!
    I must be having a brain fart moment. I tried with astro and root explorer and it says the system/app is a read only and will not let me copy them over. Help?

Is this an adb only mod?

Go to /system/app in Root Explorer and hit the R/W button.
    Spell check does not work with the Russian language, with only five standard languages.
    Additional dictionaries can only work correctly with auto-correction
    Apparently, the spell checker uses the same dictionaries as the auto-correction, but to check the spelling was not announced additional languages
    Who can tell about this problem? ;-)