AdamOutler's thread

Search This thread

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
I love his accent :)

Seriously, the XBMC video was interesting( also the" unpacking" videos!)

Sent from LT18i @ Xda Premium

exebreez

Mar 5, 2011
NRW
I think Adam Outler should be a teacher for hardware people. Your way to explain things and your voice would be ideal for this job :D

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
Hey, Adam.

I'm not sure if you're the person to ask this. Even though you're probably the XDA member with most connections to developing, I reckon that you're more into hardware, rather than software, but, even so, and come to think of it, some hardware modding requires software modding as well. Anyway, to the point I go:

So, do you think that... in order to program for Android, as in, Apps, is it recommended to learn Java by itself before learning about the SDK and what not?
And also, even though you already got a similar question, where you said that it would take a lot more than what Oracle is doing to shutdown Java development, do you think that it is worth focusing on C#, right now?

Thanks in advance, and happy modding.

P.S.: I'm a newbie to modding and developing, I mean, not even a newbie, haven't done anything at all, but I do intend to become a Computer Engineer, so, I kinda want to start ahead.

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Hey, Adam.

I'm not sure if you're the person to ask this. Even though you're probably the XDA member with most connections to developing, I reckon that you're more into hardware, rather than software, but, even so, and come to think of it, some hardware modding requires software modding as well. Anyway, to the point I go:

So, do you think that... in order to program for Android, as in, Apps, is it recommended to learn Java by itself before learning about the SDK and what not?
And also, even though you already got a similar question, where you said that it would take a lot more than what Oracle is doing to shutdown Java development, do you think that it is worth focusing on C#, right now?

Thanks in advance, and happy modding.

P.S.: I'm a newbie to modding and developing, I mean, not even a newbie, haven't done anything at all, but I do intend to become a Computer Engineer, so, I kinda want to start ahead.
I think code literacy is more important than platform literacy. Lern 2 code. Pick something that suits your interest and just start learning. There's specifics to learn on every platform and every language. If you get a single language and platform under your belt, the rest will make more sense.

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
I think code literacy is more important than platform literacy. Lern 2 code. Pick something that suits your interest and just start learning. There's specifics to learn on every platform and every language. If you get a single language and platform under your belt, the rest will make more sense.

Thanks for the input. I'm looking into Java, as I am quite interested in the huge Android community.

Anyway, have fun with your projects, and hope to see more of you on XDA TV.

Thatgrass

Jan 14, 2012
XDA-Developers
Hello Adam!
Don't worry, you can trust me, i'm from the internet :p,
Sorry, just funny :D
I was watching the build an android app video, and when i want to install the platform tools of android SDK it stucks... (see attrachment)
I didn't change anything in install thing, only ticked the 2.3.3 box. (btw, it want to install 29 packages(one of them is an update)).
I'm runnning Windows Vista if it helps.
Youre awesome BTOW (By The Other Way)!!
Hope you can help me, Thanks in advaced,
Regards,
Thatgrass

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 216

dhemke17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
Agree with odex/deodex...but not just a how-to, include what it is and why you would prefer either or...

jaggyjags

Dec 8, 2011
Murcia
Hi Adam, can you mention any software intended to reodex a rom as you said on your video?

I used android kitchen successfully to deodex a rom and after some mods would like to do the inverse thing. Any one got any clues?

Working on a HTC sense 3.5 Gingerbread (htc explorer)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I generally focus on hardware topics. Got any information about new hardware you'd like to hear about? Any interesting new devices? Tips, tricks or techniques?

Post here and I will look into it.
    ^^ I'm not much of a kernel developer. Sorry.

Hey Adam how are you I just wanna ask you what it takes to be a developer,how much time does it need,is it hard??

Y U WANNA KNOW FROM WHERE SENT??
    It takes no experience, only determination. All the information you need is on google, XDATV and StackOverflow.com. Personally, I program with an IDE and Google.
    Adam, I'm looking forward to a segment on your work on the S3. I think it's an interesting story all the way back to that night on the irc channel when the funds for your tester S3 came magically from an anonymous donor. Keep up the good work sir.

I do videos every two weeks. So, this Wednesday is going to be Erica's video and next Wednesday will be mine on the GS3.
    Sir, I saw your video "How to build an Android App Part 1". Towards the end of the video, you connect your phone to your PC and click on the play button, a dialogue box appears, where you click OK and the application then runs on your phone. But when I click the play button on Eclipse, it opens a new XML file called 'main.out'. Please help me!
    Thanks!

you may need to update the SDK. Try reinstalling Eclipse Classic as well.
    Hi Adam Sir,

I really liked your videos and i am totally noob to java but i followed your videos and made my first own app. I felt really happy and from that day i was searching for you to say thanks for helping us as it really made my day. I made one app for my GF where it had only one button and i changed the name of the button to "surprise" and when she clicked it the text msg came saying how much i love her and it made her day. She check that app everyday and gets very happy. Thank you so much for all this. I will be waiting fit your next video.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats!

I did something similar for my dad on fathers day. I sent him a tablet with a custom application on it wishing him a happy fathers day.