Otterbox for One

Search This thread

SirSigma

Jan 12, 2011
Riyadh
The built-in screen protector on the Defender is driving me nuts. It doesn't press all the way down and has just a slight gap. It's still big enough for me to feel the screen protector rubbing against the screen, and it's really unpleasant.

cachookaman

Dec 29, 2006
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
heres my phone with the commuter case on

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 371
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 371
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 363
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 360
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 352
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 344
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 344

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The built-in screen protector on the Defender is driving me nuts. It doesn't press all the way down and has just a slight gap. It's still big enough for me to feel the screen protector rubbing against the screen, and it's really unpleasant.

Same here...Just might pop that sucker out. But over all this Defender case is slimmer then any other Defender I've owned.

SirSigma

Jan 12, 2011
Riyadh
Same here...Just might pop that sucker out. But over all this Defender case is slimmer then any other Defender I've owned.

Last time I had a case with a built-in screen protector and punched it out to continue using the case, I regretted it ever since.

The frame left this awful residue on the border where the glue was originally holding it. It was awful.

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Last time I had a case with a built-in screen protector and punched it out to continue using the case, I regretted it ever since.

The frame left this awful residue on the border where the glue was originally holding it. It was awful.

I never had a problem. I always remember to rub the glue off after removing the screen protector.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

whmcal

Jul 18, 2008
Mobilefun has them in stock. I have my commuter case on Silver HTC One. Snug fit. Volume button easier to press. Case surrounds camera and flash more discretely than casemate tough does. Good grip. Colours match the silver and complement. I would recommend

Currently interchangeably using HTC One, BBZ10 and Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366452749611.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366452749611.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 294
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366452786103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366452786103.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 281
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366452810699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366452810699.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 276
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366452846260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366452846260.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 271
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366452870725.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366452870725.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 262

Long813

Nov 7, 2011
Mobilefun has them in stock. I have my commuter case on Silver HTC One. Snug fit. Volume button easier to press. Case surrounds camera and flash more discretely than casemate tough does. Good grip. Colours match the silver and complement. I would recommend

Currently interchangeably using HTC One, BBZ10 and Note 2

I bought the glacier for the same reason on my silver One. Still waiting on it though. Good to know that the vol's are easier to press now, I've had troubles with them.

Last edited:

rtoodeetwo

Feb 27, 2010

Same here, I like the case a lot because is slim compare to my ballistic case for my EVO 3D, but the screen protector cut off are worrying me because I think dust will get in there and scratch the glass. Also I had to put a warranty claim on my defender screen protector has 2 scratches in the shape of the bottom cutout, they are only visible if you look at the in an angle, But after I get the case I might just remove the screen protector and install the zagg one that I got free in best buy, but I'm not bit fan of the way the zagg fells to the touch.

Edit: I just added a picture, king of hard to see but they are there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-22-22-25-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-22-25-05.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The Defender screen protector is straight up garbage. The fact that it doesn't rest flat on the screen is what makes it so horrible also the cut out along the soft keys sucks too.

I'm using the defender case with the commuter screen protector and I like it a lot better. Trying to decide which case is better the defender of the commuter ?

rtoodeetwo

Feb 27, 2010
The Defender screen protector is straight up garbage. The fact that it doesn't rest flat on the screen is what makes it so horrible also the cut out along the soft keys sucks too.

I'm using the defender case with the commuter screen protector and I like it a lot better. Trying to decide which case is better the defender of the commuter ?

Did you removed the screen protector from the defender case or are you using one protector on top of the other?

RsSharKy

Dec 16, 2008

i usually put invisible shield on mine then i remove the built-in screen protector on the defender case.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

use hair dryer to melt the glue then pull screen protector off. the glue usually will come off with the screen protector.

shawnchalfant

Aug 6, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
My defender gripe.

Over all I enjoy the defender case "except" for the exposed power button. Don't understand the design behind this. To me is a flawed design. My opinion only.
I feel like a dumb a@@. I just educated myself on the IR blaster.

Last edited:

Long813

Nov 7, 2011
It is exposed to allow the ir blaster to still function. That being said, it is supposed to be an extremely rugged case, and this takes away from that.

Still waiting on my the Glacier Commuter from GOCELLULAR.

Last edited:

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm selling my black OtterBox Defender case used only for a couple of days since I had the phone just this past Saturday. Does not include the holster or the retail. I also took the plastic screen protector off because it sucked. $20 PM me

SirSigma

Jan 12, 2011
Riyadh
I got the Invisible Shield due to lack of any other options in my area at the three places I shopped for screen protectors.

I punched out the Otterbox Defender screen protector and got some of the leftover glue off with several q-tips and rubbing alcohol. I've found that rubbing alcohol does a good job loosening adhesive.

adamiscool

Oct 31, 2012
I got the Invisible Shield due to lack of any other options in my area at the three places I shopped for screen protectors.

Awww man, Zagg is so expensive. Xtreme Guard is what I went with, since there's a thread in here to get it severely discounted. Even without discount, it's waaayy cheaper. Same teflon based stuff, and doesn't feel sticky like when I had the Zagg on my previous phone.

Link to thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2197020

There are lots of companies making these. Wish I could have gotten this message to you sooner.

Sent from my HTC One (M7)

SirSigma

Jan 12, 2011
Riyadh
It's fine. I got the Invisible Shield HD, which apparently means a few subtle improvements. It feels significantly smoother than the original Invisible Shield does, and doesn't affect clarity or sensitivity so much. The only real drawback I notice is that it seems to smudge from my fingerprints very easily, but I hardly notice it when the screen is on.

I was going to get one yesterday for my Lumia 920 as well, but the location nearby only had the plain one.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Otterbox announced cases for the One.
    And here are they:

http://www.otterbox.com/htc-one-cases/htc-one-cases,default,sc.html

Definitely getting one for my One when i get mine. I hope they release more colors before the launch though.
    Have had good experiences from Otterbox cases since my HTC Touch HD and HD2, still going strong, and saved my immortal HD2 many times.

Haven't tried other companies yet since Otterbox hasn't failed to protect any of my devices.
    Has anyone found any stores that have them in stock? I've checked all my local stores I can think of (best buy, frys, etc). I ordered online from otterbox with the discount but it still hasn't shipped so I may have to cancel it and find a local as I doubt it will arrive in time.

My local AT&T store has the Defender in stock as well as a couple variations on the Speck cases. Full MSRP plus a nickel though ($50).