[MAY 17][WM6.5]re/START(startMenu), Chome Editor v1.6 BETA, TitaniumWeatherv4.2*RADAR

Search This thread

Mnemonique

Jan 17, 2009
Cebu
TitaniumWeather Setup:
After cab install and soft reset, scroll down to launcher panel and click the right soft key, "Setup". From menu choose option 3 for setup of forecast options. From that submenu, go through and set all the options. After completion, hit cancel(right soft key) to go back to main menu and choose option 2 to Run Full Update.

Launcher Setup:
You can add more shortcuts/links to this panel. You can either edit the registry directly or use ChomeConfigurator.
If you edit directly, do it in these two places: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CLinks and HKLM\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\CLinks. Follow the two page examples I already setup for setting up your pages.
If you want to use ChomeConfigurator, get it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=393104. It was made for smartphone, so it doesn't work 100%. It does work correctly for setting up pages for CLinks and enabling/disabling available plugins. Available plugins defined by cmhome.dll that is.
You can add as many shortcuts/links pages as you want to this launcher plugin.

will this worked when ported to qvga?

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Great work Showaco! Nice addition. I'm testing it now. Does the launcher only setup the weather or does it have other functions (like launching shortcuts?).
Since the start menu no longer stores the last used start menu shortcuts, it would be nice to have something that could do this.

[UPDATE]
You can edit the Launcher panel to launch whatever you want by using the CHomeConfigurator or editing the registry keys.

[UPDATE]
I'm missing an ICON for the WeatherPanel start menu shortcut.

Last edited:

dioxda2

Jan 23, 2006
Hong Kong
Just thought I would post a modified start menu for 6.5
I made a few different ones, two sizes. The honeycomb currently seems a little slow, so by decreasing the size it makes it easier to navigate. Portrait and landscape files included in cabs along with a different unselected comb background.

sm65.jpg

StartMenu6.5_Clear
HERE

Dear showaco,

May I ask..... how can I get it work with my prophet?

Prophet = qvga 240*320... :(

direct inject just shell errors.. :(

Please offer advises.. :D

currently running....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=485119

Thanks VERY MUCH>> ^_^

Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Any way this will work at all on a 6.1 TP?
Not unless someone ports the chome titanium plugin to 6.1

Great work Showaco! Nice addition. I'm testing it now. Does the launcher only setup the weather or does it have other functions (like launching shortcuts?).
Since the start menu no longer stores the last used start menu shortcuts, it would be nice to have something that could do this.

[UPDATE]
You can edit the Launcher panel to launch whatever you want by using the CHomeConfigurator or editing the registry keys.

[UPDATE]
I'm missing an ICON for the WeatherPanel start menu shortcut.
Yeah, I need to remake the cab so there is an icon instead of the little gray mortscript icon.
Dear showaco,

May I ask..... how can I get it work with my prophet?

Prophet = qvga 240*320... :(

direct inject just shell errors.. :(

Please offer advises.. :D

currently running....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=485119

Thanks VERY MUCH>> ^_^
The weather and launcher? They should work if you replace the titanium_480x640.cpr. You will have to edit your titanium_240x320.cpr for these plugins. The weather uses the CTestUIPlugin panel and launcher uses CLinks panel. I assume that your chome plugin also gets panel configuration from the cmhome.dll like on 6.5 for touch pro. The one included is patched to enable these plugins, disable the individual notifications plugins, and enable the all-in-one notifications panel.
Hi

I have a 6.5 on old Gene. Will this work for me?

Regards,
Sal
I'm sorry, what is the old Gene? If its qgva ppc with chome plugin already installed, then it should work as I just answered dioxda2 above. If its smartphone, then no, but I can point to a smartphone version I have.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
When there isn't a Data Connection, the homescreen displays "Internet?!".

Would there be a function to leave the old data on the screen vs replacing it. I don't get signal at work, so most of the day it is in this "Internet?!" mode.

It would be nice for it to sync when it can, but display the last sync'd information on the display until next sync.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
When there isn't a Data Connection, the homescreen displays "Internet?!".

Would there be a function to leave the old data on the screen vs replacing it. I don't get signal at work, so most of the day it is in this "Internet?!" mode.

It would be nice for it to sync when it can, but display the last sync'd information on the display until next sync.
Yeah, I can add that in, maybe I'll have the No Internet?! show for a few minutes and then revert back to "previous plus *" to show its old data. So it would be something like "53 ~48 Sunny*"

BTW, I don't know if I mentioned it, but the first temp is current temp and the second temp shown is the current real feel temp.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Here's my current attempt in porting it to the qvga format.
Weather panel is looking good, I would only remove the icons on notifictions panel and launcher panel to make them look like the other panels when condensed. Also, if you'll forward me the edited files, I'll put a cab together and add to first post. Or you can send me a cab if you want.

Here's wallpaper by request for centurion

Attachments

• vistahtc.jpg
    vistahtc.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
Whoops. The pic up above didn't show up so I didn't know you posted the bg already.
Delete this post please.

dwizzy130

Last edited:

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
after using the weather panel for a while now, I notice that when the internet is gone, it produces a nasty error message that turns the display on. This action causes my pants pocket to launch all sorts of apps and gets crazy.

I don't know if you can stop the popup or prevent it from waking up the phone. FYI.

It works great on normal use though. Unfortunately I work in a black hole most of the day. Seems with this polling for internet it drains the battery pretty fast. What is the duration that it checks for internet connectivity on a failed attempt? Other weather programs stick to their update schedules whether it updates or not. If it fails to connect, it will just wait until the next scheduled time.

I also noticed that "Favorites" is displayed at the top for several panels too... I can't seem to find where this is coming from or if it was there from the stock WM6.5 build. I don't remember seeing it until updating the files. Are these settings kept in registry files or through the CPR files? Not a major problem, but a weird bug none-the-less.

Last edited:

Mnemonique

Jan 17, 2009
Cebu
to answer question #2. To have Favorites displayed, you need to install IE for it to work, it works in mine using xplode's ROM for BA.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
after using the weather panel for a while now, I notice that when the internet is gone, it produces a nasty error message that turns the display on. This action causes my pants pocket to launch all sorts of apps and gets crazy.

I don't know if you can stop the popup or prevent it from waking up the phone. FYI.

It works great on normal use though. Unfortunately I work in a black hole most of the day. Seems with this polling for internet it drains the battery pretty fast. What is the duration that it checks for internet connectivity on a failed attempt? Other weather programs stick to their update schedules whether it updates or not. If it fails to connect, it will just wait until the next scheduled time.
I would suggest for now, to set the on/off times to turn off auto updates during work hours. You can still run a manual update and that way the auto doesn't run when you normally don't get signal at work. It waits 15 minutes before trying to reconnect after failed attempt. It also checks to see if you have an active call and if there is it will wait 5 min and then check again. This way there shouldn't be a data/phone conflict if edge is active. If no call is present then updates run as scheduled.

Mnemonique

Jan 17, 2009
Cebu
Modified files :)

Sorry for the delay :(

be updating this with build 21169 later this week.

credits goes to showaco for porting the weather panel to titanium.

wooot!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi, maybe a stupid question, but is the reStart-app only working for some specif rom's? Because i tried to install reSTART (and also startmenu expanded) on my HTC touch pro2 (original htc rom) and i got an error:
    "an error occurrer on sub __main_app_start"

Any alternative for me (except installing a different rom) for this kind of app?

cheers!
    re/START, Organize your wm6.5 start menu

First attempt at a simple configurator for organizing and theming the start menu for wm6.5. Still has a few bugs that occasionally throw an error, so consider it beta. As seen in screenshots below, I went from Da_G's basic(only Tools and Office folders) start menu layout to multiple folders, moved shortcuts between folders, and move shortcuts up/down in start menu position. Has ability to add/change icons to any links or folders, but they must be in the icons folder located in reSTART folder to be found. I included a few folder icons in install package to get you started(hence the large size of cab, actual exe and dll are only about 120kb). New icons added to folder should be .png files. Report bugs and maybe I'll fix, maybe not:p

restart.jpg

TitaniumWeather plugin
    Disable 'Windows default' plugin before installing/uninstalling TitaniumWeather. Cab will install weather plugin to homescreen. Install cabs to main memory.
    Radar--
    tap and hold on radar image for refresh options and to edit urls
    now fully self contained and can be used seperate from TitaniumWeather if wanted

Changed
    v4.2:
    -revamped radar page
    -movable radar image
    -new radar option to refresh all images
    -backup/restore option for settings ****I'm posting a backup cab in post #716, page 72, for using before upgrading to this version if wanted
    -all new options menus

v4.1:
    -added RADAR with zoom and customizable image url locations
    -changed to Spil icons

v4.0:
    -added new install using AppStar's ATPluginInstaller, thanks to Appstar
    -now supports all resolutions(qvga, vga, wvga, qwvga, squareqvga, squarevga) If it doesn't work on layouts, post screenshot and device/resolutions.
    -new menu layouts that are finger friendly
    -now supports adding icon packs with different layouts
    -comes with Stardock icons, 3 more packs available
    -upgraded to mortscript 4.3 beta 5, thanks to Mort

v3.1:
    -updated layout slightly
    -changed to Beyond Invisible's weather icons from m2d, thanks to him

v3a:
    - fixed spacing bug on summary page day list

v3:
    - updated to new panel design(thanks to drkfngthdragnlrd) that is all in one
    - added current conditions detail page, forecast detail pages, and weather links page
    - added option to enable/disable the new pages
    - set right soft key for weather menu and press on panel as run weather update.

v2.1:
    - updated install for 21193
    - when no internet found, display reverts back to last hi/lo forecast temps for today
    :to find your location codes, use this url and add your city name to end of it:
    hadle.accu-weather.com/widget/hadle/city-find.asp?location=

ICON PACKS AVAILABLE IN POST #12 HERE

CHome Editor v1.6 beta

This is a chome panel editor, its beta release, so be warned. Just to be safe, you should backup your chome registry before using and your Titanium_xxx.cpr files. Its still under development, so there will be some bugs and updates.
    Warning: this writes and reads data to your phones registry, I take no responsibility if it crashes your windows default plugin. If you do a backup of that reg first, then it should not be a problem to put everything back to normal without causing hard reset.

With this, you can do registry edits to chome plugins, to values listed under the following keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\*all plugins*
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\*all plugins*\*all pages*

v1.6 changes:
    -fixed Add Page sticking on Page10 and duplicating
    -changed file chooser for adding application links, and icon links
    -few layout changes
    -converted cpr writing to using ATPlugin Installer, huge thanks to AppStar
    -maybe more, can't remember right now;)

v1.5 changes:
    -added web page wizard with opera bookmark import option
    -added custom cpr option(more documentation later)
    -changed some of layout
    -changed color scheme

v1.4 changes:
    -finished app wizard, has icon dialog now
    -added Remove for panels and pages

v1.3 changes:
    -added app page wizard; still needs icon support, but icon links can be added through "Manual Edit Item Values" in menu for now
    -fixed issue where not starting for some users

v1.2 changes:
    -removed panel filter so you can edit all values under plugins, like CClock to set right soft keys

v1.1 changes:
    - made some changes to layout
    - added ability to add new panels/new pages to registry and cpr

Opera Favorites panel with auto import

Now included inside of CHome Editor.
    NOTE: If you still want to install opera by cab, Jugernaut has your fix using new style ATPlugin Installer for a safe install. Cab is located on this LINK

Start Menu Expanded
    Start menu expanded to 4 icons wide in portrait and 6 in landscape. Two versions, one with honeycomb, and one without.

Colors 6.5 21193
    Here's some color panels and selection png to match the tsk files of Da_G's build. Included are Classic Blue, DVF Green, Isaac Mizrah Purple, Rock and Republic Black, Ron Arad Orange, and Vera Wang Red.

WM 6.5 only

Start Menu Cab Install: Run cab and then soft reset.

TitaniumWeather Install: Disable titanium, run cab, soft reset, re-enable titanium, finish by running TitaniumWeather Setup from Launcher panel.
    For further setup of TitaniumWeather and Launcher plugins, go HERE

Colors Install: Disable titanium, copy desired color into \windows. Copy bronzeres.dll for the panels, StartMenu_Selection.png for the start menu hexagon, and the 2 cpr files for start menu layout. All Colors are included in zip below. I will add some lock screen colors to go with these and maybe PIE icons.

Download Colors 6.5 zip HERE

MOD EDIT:If for some reason it doesn't work, please try this fix : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3949075&postcount=1077 or, if that doesn't work, try this one : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4271984&postcount=1434

Edit from Sleuth: Want a positional aware Titanium Weather version that works with myLocation? After installing Titanium Weather from one of the cabs below, go here and scroll down to the Location aware apps section.
    Looks great. I like the Honeycomb lines removed and the Notification Panel is nice. I'm downloading the WM6.5 V6 Kitchen now... but does the CHome homescreen program up like the Smartphone version?

I had the Blackjack which had this... and I did some programming and tweaking on it.

From what I remember there is an "\Application Data\" folder which had the XML screen layouts which could then add plugins. I know Samsung actually had quite a few custom layouts which were included in their roms that were based off that style.

Just curious because if they're essentially porting over the Smartphone style homescreen... then we should have several hacks already for it.

y1pvnxsuepkgwgdxg7rdbg7cdrfte5nrjhlq3lqbz60ntp_m_qqkvgghihblylv035jlvoxotde-pob3d8_y3gt_a.jpg