[ROM-AOSP GRJ22] Oxygen v2.1.6 (Latest gingerbread, clean & simple) (GSM & CDMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
hi there, sorry if this is a stupido question but its a while since I used a custom rom. When you say Apps2SD, is that stock Apps2SD? Also, after flashing, I have 100 mb free in internal memory, 104 now after I moved some apps to SD using the stock method. Would this be the norm with this ROM. Haven't s-offed and don't have a custom partition and dont really feel like going to that hassle.

Many thanks, its a great ROM

It has A2SD in the sense that it will put apps by default on your EXT3 partition you've set up on your SD card (assuming you've done that). If you have done the above, check that you're using EXT3 or EXT4 not EXT2. Also check that it's at the end of your card and not the start. If you haven't done the above, do a search (forums or google, whatever) on how to set up an EXT3 partition.

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
want to ask sumtin, does the messaging app in oxygen in white? can it be changed to black?

gspibsp

Jun 27, 2009
+1 on this, that's the one thing I'm really missing in the final version of the ROM. I think I saw a .zip to flash in the DevNull thread, maybe I'll give it a try.

Thanks a lot Adam, great ROM (and quick update)!

Oxygen Settings (on the apps list)/Status bar power widget. There you can customize it! ;)

arnold80

Sep 1, 2008
Hi,

I'm using the oxygen hboot since it came out. As far as I know shortly after the oxygen hboot was released alpharev released his 1.8 hboot. was the oxygen hboot updated too or is it still the same as always?
Nothing has changed in partition, the same like before. Newer version includes some new things like unlock PVT4 Phones.

Last edited:

osnola ivax

Aug 4, 2010
It has A2SD in the sense that it will put apps by default on your EXT3 partition you've set up on your SD card (assuming you've done that). If you have done the above, check that you're using EXT3 or EXT4 not EXT2. Also check that it's at the end of your card and not the start. If you haven't done the above, do a search (forums or google, whatever) on how to set up an EXT3 partition.

I have an EXT3 partition as set up with Rom Manager and it works flawlessly with other roms. Although, I think one of the roms I used (MIUI), updated the extension to EXT4 using some sort of script.

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
and one more thing, i have ext4 partition but i dont wish to use APP2SD. want to rely on the data partition 100%, how can i do that? remove the ext4 partition? if possible dont want to remove it.

kroogar

Jun 1, 2010
DevNull to Oxygen 2.0

Accidently flashed Oxygen 2.0 over DevNull w/o wiping. No problem whatsoever... Just wondering if I should do a proper flash with wiping...:)

Reactions: celestialspring

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
and one more thing, i have ext4 partition but i dont wish to use APP2SD. want to rely on the data partition 100%, how can i do that? remove the ext4 partition? if possible dont want to remove it.

I guess you will have no choice but to remove it. Why would you want to keep it anyway, if you don't want to use a2sd+? Makes no sense to me :D

Caspian3011

Aug 25, 2007
Split
On every previous version (RC's and testing) I had a custom framework.res.apk with smooth battery icons from ClassicalGass instead of the jazzk ones and everything worked normally. But with the 2.0 final I get a boot loop after pushing the custom framework-res.apk. And yes I've made a new one (extracted the original one from 2.0 zip and replaced the icons). Any suggestions? Could the size of framework archive be causing this (3.6 Mb compared to 3.2 of the original)?

x2srj

Jun 29, 2010
I had an issue with Swype in the latest 2.0, pressing each letter once was fine but swyping from letter to letter did nothing...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

fye85

Apr 5, 2010
Paris
hey guys

Im stuck since 10 mn in the HTC logo when installing...

Should i wait longer or the update ll not working?

(i wipe evry things, i cam from RC7)

madd0g

May 8, 2010

Open the oxygen.zip in WinRar and go to system/etc/init.d and remove 10app2sd script. Then close WinRar and flash that.

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
Been waiting for an Oxygen update for ages so great to see this has arrived, as well as all the positve feedback.
The only thing for me is I'm not S-Off and am reluctant to do that in case I brick the phone, so I haven't messed about with HBoot tables etc, therefore I only have the standard amount of free space available.

I currently use Redux with A2SD+ and have my dalvik cache moved to SD for the extra free space.

This ROM only supports A2SD, so I won't be able to move the dalvik cache to SD when I'm running this ROM - is that right?

I realise this is probably obvious for some of you, and I'm pretty sure that my suspicions are right, I just want to be sure before I waste my time flashing this ROM, finding out I have too little free space and then having to restore Redux again.

Marreboy

Jul 3, 2010
Stockholm
ROM working great. Full wipe from latest test build.

Small thing only, noticed that the notification sounds have changed. Seems like Froyo notification sounds, not the new ones from Gingerbread. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was not intentional.

Also can't wait for the release with trackball wake.. :) Thanks for great work Adam and all others working on this ROM.

Last edited:

AssassinSvK

Dec 31, 2010
Senkvice
hey guys

Im stuck since 10 mn in the HTC logo when installing...

Should i wait longer or the update ll not working?

(i wipe evry things, i cam from RC7)

try it again, full wipe+dalvik wipe then flash 2.0, if you will stuck again try different radio or kernel, for me working great after wipe no problem occurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM-AOSP GRJ22] Oxygen v2.1.6 (Latest gingerbread, clean & simple) (GSM & CDMA)

About
    underline.png

Oxygen is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.

As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Features
    underline.png

tick.png
    Android v2.3.4 (GRJ22) built from AOSP
    tick.png
    Linux kernel v2.6.35.x
    tick.png
    Minimal Google apps
    tick.png
    Superuser
    tick.png
    Busybox
    tick.png
    Apps2SD

Additional features
    underline.png

tick.png
    Adhoc wifi network support
    tick.png
    Advanced power menu with reboot options
    tick.png
    Customizable overclock settings
    tick.png
    Customizable status bar power widget
    tick.png
    Download any file type
    tick.png
    Enhanced auto backlight settings
    tick.png
    Facebook contacts sync
    tick.png
    FM Radio
    tick.png
    Headset Icon
    tick.png
    HSPA Icon
    tick.png
    Improved widget picker
    tick.png
    Long press back to kill mod
    tick.png
    Modified Launcher2 with quick uninstall
    tick.png
    Optional battery percentage
    tick.png
    SIP calling over 3G
    tick.png
    Text reflow when zooming
    tick.png
    Track change with volume buttons
    tick.png
    Various other tweaks and features

Installation
    underline.png

alert.png
    A wipe is required when first flashing Oxygen, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.
    1. Download update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip to your sdcard storage on your HTC Desire
    2. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery through whatever method you choose (ROM Manager, Power + Volume Down, ADB etc...)
    3. Back up your existing installation
    4. [First flash only] Use the volume keys and optical joypad button to select Wipe Data
    5. Select Install Zip from SD Card
    6. Find the update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip file you downloaded earlier
    7. Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip
    8. Wait for the installation to finish
    9. Select Reboot
    10. After initial reboot, reboot a second time and you're all set

Downloads
    underline.png

alert.png
    I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
    alert.png

Downloads are available here!

Donate
    underline.png

Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' charity I support, you can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to :).
    web.png
    Donate via Cancer Research UK

Credits
    underline.png

A big thanks to the following people, I couldn't of done any of this without you guys.
    star.png
    thalamus / schiznik / killkennys / tufkal
    star.png

Additional thanks also goes to the following people who have made Oxygen possible.
    star2.png
    Cyanogen, CM Team, jazzk, st0kes & everybody who has donated
    star2.png
    Changelog
    2.1.6 [05/07/2011]
    underline.png

forward.png
    Added screenshot to power menu
    forward.png
    Fixed long press back to kill/ zoom button control

2.1.5 [04/07/2011]
    underline.png

forward.png
    Added 3 new predictive dictionaries
    forward.png
    Added option to turn zoom buttons on/off
    forward.png
    Added t-mobile theme chooser (no themes are included by default, download them and find them yourself)
    forward.png
    Fixed shutdown bug when battery is low
    forward.png
    Fixed signing signature boob
    forward.png
    Removed updater

2.1.4 [18/06/2011]
    underline.png

forward.png
    Added CPU overclocking support to OxygenSettings
    forward.png
    Added GRJ22 Google Apps incl. Talk2
    forward.png
    Added option to hide status bar power widget indicator
    forward.png
    Added support to constantly increase/decrease screen brightness depending on light conditions
    forward.png
    Added support for Bulgarian & Croatian in LatinIME
    forward.png
    Fixed bug which stopped some services restarting
    forward.png
    Fixed call delay bug
    forward.png
    Fixed wallpaper chooser Launcher2 bug
    forward.png
    Fixed extra flashlight settings for status bar power widget
    forward.png
    Fixed shutdown menu whilst in the lockscreen
    forward.png
    Removed test keys
    forward.png
    Signed release with custom keys to fix major Android security flaw
    forward.png
    Updated APNs list
    forward.png
    Updated busybox to v1.19
    forward.png
    Updated su binary

forward.png
    Old changlog available
    web.png
    here
    To further assist development of the Oxygen ROM - AdamG has now moved to a new official forum. XDA will still see user support for a long time yet, but if you've got more serious issues, have a feature request etc it's recommended to take it up on the new forum.

Likewise, XDA will not be updated with the latest releases (to encourage people to use the new forum) - these releases can be found here

Screenshots! Default home screen, info page, and power widgets are there :)

ALL NON-DEVELOPMENT QUESTIONS PLEASE POST OVER IN THE OXYGEN FAQ

NOTE - YOU WILL NOT BE ASSISTED UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION AND HAVE ATTEMPTED A FULL WIPE

Do I need to do a full wipe? Between major version changes - yes - it's highly recommended. If you're simply upgrading from the previous version then no you don't need to wipe.

What A2SD does this support? Oxygen 2.0 supports "froyo style" apps2sd, it also supports A2SD with an EXT3 or EXT4 partition. By default the dalvik cache is not moved to SD for performance reasons - see here for dalvik2sd script. D2SD/D2W scripts will work - but please take this up in their respective threads if you have questions to ask.

What radio should I use? My personal recommendation is to try your stock radio first. There's no single recommended radio as all hardware versions and carriers are different - what works for one person might be terrible for the next.

Why is there no trackpad wake? It takes hacks - basically :) It won't be included in the Oxgyen rom, however if you need it another user has created a flashable patch here.

Where did 720P recording go? Google didn't enable it on the N1 update, so given that Oxygen is kept as hack-free as possible it's not here either. Video quality is still great and suits playback on the Desire perfectly. (thanks wlee2)

Do i need to be S-OFF or have Oxygen hboot? No, the rom will work S-ON and with any current hboot layout. However the recommended set-up is S-OFF and Oxygen R2 hboot. Note - this will NOT work with a /system below ~100mb any more - hence "current".

M.

Note - all outdated issues removed, no point trying to support people who can't be bothered updating :)
    Thanks Adam!

Did those ended up getting added? Don't see any mention of it in the first post. :(

I haven't had time to port everything yet.

Sometimes there is no choice but to wipe when certain stuff is updated. It's nothing to do with how skilled the developer is.

That is the lowest, scummiest post I have seen on this thread so far. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

The above. Requiring a wipe is due to changing the base frameworks, so that the underlying database structures no longer make sense to the apps.

I have just deleted over 20 junk posts from this thread.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the "Thanks" button. Instead of posting "Thanks adam 10char", you click on this wonderful button, and it increases Adam's thanks meter, and adds your name to the list, without people having to wade through hundreds of junk posts.

Same to those posting "first" or "I got my comment on the first page". Just stop it. It's not cool, it's not funny, and now you don't have your comment on the first page at all...

No more thanks posts filling up the thread.