[APP][SVC][Mar 21, 2010] ZoomBarPlus V2 BETA / Make your Zoom Bar more useful!

Search This thread

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
New here...so bear with me.

I have a ATT tilt2 that I just flashed to the new energy ROM from Mar 9th, standard WM 6.5 with sense 2.5.

I love the ROM, but never realized that the opera browser, 9.5 I think, that came with the stock tilt2 was the only opera browser that worked with the factory zoombar. The browser in this new ROM, 10.1 I believe, oesn't work with it...and I love my zoombar!!

Would this program help?

At this time, no. It doesn't add "zoom" to any app, it only adds sending keystrokes via using the zoombar. If there are keystrokes that can be used to zoom in and out in Opera, you can shoehorn this app to do it. :)

In the future, there will be "per-app" keycodes, so then this app would be more ideal for that feature. Assuming, that is, that there is a set of keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out.

Dec 28, 2007
I've got to say that I love this app. Some have mentioned that it dosen't work on in the outlook inbox. It does however work in the mail preview screen and that alone is great.

thx1200

I've got to say that I love this app. Some have mentioned that it dosen't work on in the outlook inbox. It does however work in the mail preview screen and that alone is great.

Outlook is "zoombar aware" (resizes text - how useless). Unfortunately, the window class is the same for the main window and the mail message window. I just removed that registry entry from the SmartTouch registry key. Problem solved. The config app (coming soon) will allow you to disable SmartTouch classes one by one without registry edits.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht

I have done now my tests with some apps and the zoombar scrolling...

So far as i can see is there no problem at all. Which apps are working with my phone (scrolling, hold scrolling and double tap) :

Main page clock scrolling, Opera, IE, HTC menu, MTP settings, all Start apps (settings, programs, ..), word, excel, file explorer, total commander, manila birthday, call history tab, ageye apps (5), and so on...

This is a very helpfull application for me and this is worth to donate. I have so many files on my storgae card and srolling was all the time horrible. But now, yes - strike. When you now write the app settings is this one of the killer help tools.

LeDarlesh

Sep 1, 2009
Great app!

does what it says it does... except in Opera. It zoom in and out, but also from time to time scrolls item to item up and down, and selects.
I thought default actions would be kept...

Thanks!

thx1200

does what it says it does... except in Opera. It zoom in and out, but also from time to time scrolls item to item up and down, and selects.
I thought default actions would be kept...

Thanks!

They are supposed to be, but it's possible there might be some odd window classes that need to also be ignored. Can you give me a specific example of how to recreate the issue where it doesn't work right?

marek1

Jun 1, 2007
Usti nad Labem
keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out

Do you know when this feature "keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out" will be enabled ? I am waiting on this feature since I bought the TD2. I will very happy if some can help me how to implemt "keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out".

Thanks for help.

Vesuvius333

Jun 24, 2008
Thanks for this wonderful tweak. I have scrolling and hold scrolling working but for some reason double tap is not functioning. No matter which program I load I am unable to get this function to work.

Bright.Light

Jun 12, 2008
Great app! Thanks for coding.

One question though:
Could you make the actions dependent of landscape/portrait?

When in portrait, the default is great: Swipe left means Up.
When in landscape the default should be changed: Swipe left (= swipe down in reality) should mean own.

This together with a per app possibility would be one of the best tweak programs for the pro2!
Use a generic setting and when an app is forground, it should be possible to change every one action to something else, disable, or use the default.

A suggestion for the settings program...

Attachments

• ScreenGrab.png
    ScreenGrab.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 64

thx1200

Do you know when this feature "keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out" will be enabled ? I am waiting on this feature since I bought the TD2. I will very happy if some can help me how to implemt "keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out".

Thanks for help.

I don't understand. Did I promise keystrokes for zooming? I don't recall doing that. lol. I don't know of any.

thx1200

Thanks for this wonderful tweak. I have scrolling and hold scrolling working but for some reason double tap is not functioning. No matter which program I load I am unable to get this function to work.

Are you tapping really quick? There's a 350ms window, by default. You can change that in the registry. What phone are you using?

mine is the opposite. i can double click and cant slide and hold

Lol. Are you swiping long enough? it requires a full five "ticks" to activate, which is about 1/3 of the zoombar. What phone are you using?

thx1200

mine is the opposite. i can double click and cant slide and hold

Great app! Thanks for coding.

One question though:
Could you make the actions dependent of landscape/portrait?

When in portrait, the default is great: Swipe left means Up.
When in landscape the default should be changed: Swipe left (= swipe down in reality) should mean own.

This together with a per app possibility would be one of the best tweak programs for the pro2!
Use a generic setting and when an app is forground, it should be possible to change every one action to something else, disable, or use the default.

A suggestion for the settings program...

Wow, I never considered the fact that the zoombar faces the wrong direction when in landscape. (I use the actual keyboard D-Pad in landscape on my TP2). This probably won't make it into the next release, but will definitely make it in further down the road.

marek1

Jun 1, 2007
Usti nad Labem
I don't understand. Did I promise keystrokes for zooming? I don't recall doing that. lol. I don't know of any.

No you didn't promise it but you wrote that that zoom can be handled see last your message:

"At this time, no. It doesn't add "zoom" to any app, it only adds sending keystrokes via using the zoombar. If there are keystrokes that can be used to zoom in and out in Opera, you can shoehorn this app to do it. :)

In the future, there will be "per-app" keycodes, so then this app would be more ideal for that feature. Assuming, that is, that there is a set of keystrokes that can be used for zooming in and out.

Bright.Light

Jun 12, 2008
Wow, I never considered the fact that the zoombar faces the wrong direction when in landscape. (I use the actual keyboard D-Pad in landscape on my TP2). This probably won't make it into the next release, but will definitely make it in further down the road.

Great! It's good that you see the necissity of sets for landscape and portrait.

I don't know if this will help you, but found this: Keys and key codes for Windows Mobile
There is a VK_ZOOM (hex=0xFB)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any news? Development stopped?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Yes, development has stopped. I'm in the process of learning Android development, preparing for my next phone purchase, which will be Android.

I do miss WM development, though... It was fun while it lasted!