[ROOT][CWM][ROM's] Lenovo IdeaPhone (LePhone) K860(i)

Search This thread

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
Good to see people are still stuck up with k860 like me :p
heard Sun ROM for K860 and 4.4 for K860i, hopefully we can port it to k860 also.
updates at: bbs.lenovo.com/k860i
its a Chinese site, u can use google translate.:good:

:) Stuck ?? Can't said stuck... is no choice because no money change Phone !! :p :eek: :eek: What you said have New 4.4 Kiktkat ROM for my K860i?? i checked in your link above found nothing...No need Translate Lenovo Mate because i understand chinese ;) :D
Can you give me the Kitkat ROM link, thank you... :cool: :)

dreamedofworld

Jan 7, 2013
i have this problem too in early 2014, but it miraculously fixed with installing factory 4.0.4 rom :eek: . IDK why.... installing other custom rom won't fix it. Maybe lenovo have something specific bundled to the official rom for k860 (maybe viberom has one).

trying with my way may won't fix your problem (not sure this method will work across all k860, it just fix by itself with factory 4.0.4 rom). It may worth trying.

BTW, does anyone figured out how to enable OTG on this phone? Found from the internet, there was a drive for OTG but i can't find one:crying:. Someapps on playstore and the internet don't work. --->CM10.1 <---

stupid question maybe, is K860i ROM compatible with K860? i just wanna move to Vibe 2.0

---How is the CM11 Progress??---

Hi, could you help me out with which 4.0.4 ROM fixed this problem for you? I'm not able to find the right factory image anywhere and, unfortunately, I didn't back up. Thanks. :)

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
Hi, could you help me out with which 4.0.4 ROM fixed this problem for you? I'm not able to find the right factory image anywhere and, unfortunately, I didn't back up. Thanks. :)

Good to see peoples here still using k860 :thumbup:

the very first rom of k860 (factory stock out of box) try bbs.lephone.cc (i think it use other name now)

:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo S660 using xda premium

nagymisike12

Oct 16, 2012
Color os v2 k860i

Hi coolkillermax, can you send me a link of a description of the rom you are using on your k860i? I am currently using stock 4.2.1 and I am willing to change it to a faster one.

Thank you in advance.

wolf_d9

Mar 14, 2016
CyanogenMod 13 for Lenovo K860.

CyanogenMod 13 for Lenovo K860.
Porting is possible with samsung s3?
Sorry for my english:eek:

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
Hi coolkillermax, can you send me a link of a description of the rom you are using on your k860i? I am currently using stock 4.2.1 and I am willing to change it to a faster one.

Thank you in advance.

Currently i using color os rom but i suggest u use this :

http://www.romzj.com/rom/18318.htm

u need to copy & paste all Gapps apk in system/app manually to have Google service.

Sent from my Lenovo K860i using xda premium

Reactions: nagymisike12

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
Hi guys! how is it going?
I dont have prooper device to test but yesterday I compiled CM11.0 from Ms. Scue Repo on github.

If anyone can support is the time, I have ordered a k860i motherboard to repair my phone.
I cannot test it, or repair bugs until catch my working device.

http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2645awm&s=9#.Vx4rJ3rXseE

https://github.com/scue/android_device_lenovo_stuttgart

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/96xyrmrw0mwk6xc/cm-11-20160424-UNOFFICIAL-stuttgart.zip?dl=0

Wait until your device okay than test your rom :thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo K860i using xda premium

nagymisike12

Oct 16, 2012
Hi guys! how is it going?
I dont have prooper device to test but yesterday I compiled CM11.0 from Ms. Scue Repo on github.

If anyone can support is the time, I have ordered a k860i motherboard to repair my phone.
I cannot test it, or repair bugs until catch my working device.

http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2645awm&s=9#.Vx4rJ3rXseE

https://github.com/scue/android_device_lenovo_stuttgart

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/96xyrmrw0mwk6xc/cm-11-20160424-UNOFFICIAL-stuttgart.zip?dl=0

Hi, I am interested too, waiting for the results!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are different custom ROM's & root methods for the K860 & K860i. Most of the root methods & ROM's are compatible with both the K860 and K860i. Read the full thread to be sure.
    I'll update this post regularly, if there are any changes needed please say so in the thread or PM me (still WIP for adding the latest stuff).
    Below you can find everything!

- Root methods & stock ROM's + MOD's/fixes:

There is an APK root method, linked below, or you can use the original not so easy root method:

I did some research on how to root it.
    I found some steps on this Chinese website.

What I understand from it is you have to do the following steps to root:

- Set the phone to USB debugging in it's settings
    - Make sure drivers are installed and the phone is recognized well by the phone PC software
    - Close all the PC phone software applications
    - Make sure no other android or smart/USB-device is connected except for the phone itself
    - Download this file: root files, download link is also below in the attachment.
    - Unzip it and launch the .exe (executable file) with the Chinese characters (should be first .exe in directory)
    - The shell/CMD should start the root process
    - The phone will automatically restart, don't touch it or any button, don't interrupt the shell program!
    - Now after the reboot of the phone you should press any key on your keyboard when asked
    - The shell program should continue, the phone will restart again!
    - Again press any key to continue and wait for the shell program to reboot your phone for the third time (this can take some time, be patient!)
    - When rebooted the "Operation was successful" message should appear in the shell program
    - Now your K860 is rooted! Look for the root app in your phone to confirm. If rooting didn't work, try this process again
    - Also update the Superuser or superSU app & binaries
    Root method works, users already confirmed this!

- Easier/better root methods:
    Added by kakandariko:
    Alternative method.
    Added by rugged666:
    The same root method as for the P700
    Added by jbctiong:
    Root apk for K860 + 4.1.2 ROM

- Fixes:
    Added by kiotu:
    USSD CODE Fix for Native Chinese JB ROMs
    Location Service Off FIX

- Stock ROM's:
    Added by jbctiong:
    Root apk for K860 + 4.1.2 ROM
    Added by thongminh:
    New rom 4.2.1 Update 24/05/2013
    Added by kiotu:
    JB 4.2 Latest 130531/30
    Added by vikrant82:
    K860_1_S_2_003_0020_130605_szb.zip
    Added by Holandeserrante:
    K860_1_S_2_003_0033_130618_szb.zip & K860i_1_S_2_003_0052_130617_szb.zip
    K860_1_S_2_003_0035_130620.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0056_130620.szb
    K860_1_S_2_003_0036_130621.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0057_130621.szb
    K860_1_S_2_003_0043_130624.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0064_130624.szb & K860_1_S_2_003_0044_130625.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0065_130625.szb

- Links to how to add Google Apps:
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1632945
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1582422
    Easy method:
    Added by Ramanon:
    Link
    Added by jbctiong:
    gapps-jb for 4.1.2/CM10/AOKP ROM

- CWM Recovery
    Added by angelsel:
    CWM recovery in English for the K860
    Added by jbctiong:
    Method to Flash Recovery.img for K860

- Custom ROM's.
    Added by jbctiong:
    "Overseas" Firmware for English users with the Google Apps included.
    CM10 (JB 4.1.2), Multi Language, Minor Bugs
    More ROM's
    Another one.
    Newer CM10 ROM
    Lidroid v3.1 ROM for K860
    AOKP JB 4.1.2 for K860
    Added by amoyan:
    Lenovo K860 based build ROM with Google Play, no branding, improved battery life
    Added by Ramanon:
    MIUI ROM for K860i (and K860 as well), beta
    Added by Zanderion:
    Rooted ROM for k860i
    Added by ivantastic:
    LIDROID 4.2 (K860)
    Added by orgod:
    CM10 v.2.5 ROM for K860
    Added by thongminh:
    Rom Miui Multilanguage update 19/04/2013
    Added by kiotu:
    kiotu Custom ROM K860 V2.03 - UPDATED 29/06/2013
    Added by Holandeserrante:
    MIUI ROM K860i 3.6.28

- kiotu kernel
    Added by kiotu:
    Experimental JB 4.1.2 kernel V4 - UPDATED 12/06/2013

- Other useful international thread about the K860, root, ROM's, ...:
    Added by marcoruzza:
    Link

I want to note that I'm not responsible for any bricked phone by using these root/ROM's!
    It is all at your own risk!
    Also backup all data before rooting or flashing the phone!

For the links to the ROM's and other root methods, please Thank those persons!
    If you think I helped you with this thread, please hit the Thanks button and make me happy :)
    USSD CODE Fix for Native Chinese JB ROMs

Hi all, for all of you using Chinese native JB ROMs on your K860 or maybe also for K860i (I only have K860, thus can't do any testing), I have found a way to fix problem with USSD code not working. The solusion is pretty simple, you just need to replace the RIL (Radio Interface Layer) Library and Bin executable files using that of working ROM (in which obvious are only from ICS ROW ROM). I have tested it myself and it simply works so far.

Files to be copied (replacing existing files) and their respective folder in your phone are:
    librapid-ril-core.so --> copy to "system\lib"
    librapid-ril-util.so --> copy to "system\lib"
    libreference-ril-so --> copy to "system\lib"
    libril.so --> copy to "system\lib"
    rild --> copy to "system\bin"
    Use any of your favorite Root Explorers and don't forget to change back permission of copied files as shown, then REBOOT your phone

To keep it simple, I attached the extracted library and executable files (it's in rar, extract them first!); files' permission setting; and a screenshot of me running balance check USSD code on Lidroid 4.4

Hope It Helps :angel:
    Custom ROM K860

Updated my custom ROM to version 2.03, and sharing it just in case someone else outside my local forum is interested:
    THIS IS FOR K860 not sure if it's working for K860i (although i'm using K860i kernel source code)
    Features:
    - Working USSD and Market fix.
    - Base ROM: Latest 130424 Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
    - Swap uboot.bin from other version, (130424 uboot.bin broken recovery option through boot loader menu A)
    - Custom made kernel, modded & compiled from K860i JB source code.
    - Add i/o schedulers: ROW, SIO, & V(R).
    - Default i/o scheduler set to ROW instead of CFQ (standar stock K860).
    - Busybox installed.
    - Root-ed, Superuser manager using Koush's (creator of Clockworkmod), all credits goes to him.
    - Init.d support.
    - Playstore compatibility and USSD fix.
    - GApps (Google Apps) for JB 4.1.2 included, using package from Formula84
    - Apex launcher.
    - Set default language to English
    - Lots of Ringtones.
    - Added Cootek TouchPal keyboard.
    - Lenovo's app debloated
    - 4 way reboot, thanks to Kahvitahra of XDA-Developers.
    - Changes from my v2.02: some build.prop tweak for less UI glitch, Themed UI - BLACK - Quick Setting Toggler button from JB 4.2

Tweaks:
    - Default governor (pegasusq) tweaks for more responsive CPU.
    - GPU rendering for UI (may cause small glitch).
    - Tweaks for better battery life (sleep mode; disable normalize and new fair sleeper;dll).
    - Low memory killer (Minfree) tweaks.
    - Increase eMMC readahead buffer size.
    - Some minor VM tweaks for better performance.
    - Navbar size set to 25dpi (default 40dpi).
    - SQLite database and auto Zipalign optimized (set on timely event, not at every boot).
    - GPS localized (to Asia, mind you...for other region should tweak GPS.conf file)

Not Working:
    - Google Chrome browser (due to surface_flinger service been disabled by default, if enabled through init boot chrome will work but also cause off-power battery charging error).

Bugfix:
    - How to set Alarm: go to clock, add alarm, set ringtone first prior to checking the "turn alarm on checkbox", original ringtones were removed due to chinese filenaming, therefore setting alarm by directly checking the turn alarm on checkbox will cause FC.

Disclaimer and notes:
    - As always DIYOR (Do It on Your Own Risk)...
    - Warranty Void.
    - DO NOT OTA UPDATE.
    - This ROM does not erase current data and apps, therefore wiping data and cache prior to flashing is recommended especially when upgrading from ICS, failure to do so will often lead to app FC. Restoring apps using any backup application should also restore apps only not apps+data.

Download link:
    Warning: this is my local file-sharing, contains lots of a*d*f*l*y banner and those are not my doing, i'm taking no advantage of my sharing.
    Please set language to english just in case.
    http://www.taruhsini.com/f2rglra3z4od/K860_stuttgart_kiotu_v2.03.rar.html

Mirror on Dev-Host, by my Kaskus Bro Farhanito:
    http://d-h.st/AbM (recommended)

Patch and BugFixes:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41771977&postcount=698
    Location Service Off keep showing off in GNow fix:
    JB 4.2.1 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41955480&postcount=712
    JB 4.1.2 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42516693&postcount=842

Downloads link tested, downloaded file flashed tested, should be no problem with file. Happy Flashing.. :D
    I've successfully built CWM recovery in English for the K860. My sources are here: https://github.com/angelsl/cm-android_device_lenovo_stuttgart

Rename the attached zip to update.zip and place it in /sdcard, and then install it using the stock recovery. You can also extract the recovery.img from the zip and flash it using fastboot.
    Repackaged/Debloated supercharged final JB 4.2.1 (K860_1_S_2_003_0020_130605)

As promised, here's the latest version released yesterday - K860_1_S_2_003_0020_130605, repackaged with all fixes, gapps, root etc for everyone struggling here.

The changes are:

1. Debloated - Around 125MB free on system partition (before Gapps and my apps)
    2. Cleared preload partition
    3. Gapps latest pre-installed (Updated Google apps as on 6th June i.e.) - Google Music App, Gmail (the new version 4.5), Maps, Google Now, Search, Calendar etc. Everything on system partition to save space.
    4. Rooted out-of-the-box along with latest SuperUser apk.
    5. Added light weight GB keyboard (For basic setup purposes, to save space)
    6. USSD fix included
    7. Google Location fix included
    8. Market fix included
    9. Replaced default recovery with CWM (Meaning, you can directly go to CWM from option 3 in Mode A menu)
    10. Host file updated from ad-away (No ads)
    11. GPS.conf tweaks
    12. Browser and a cleanup utility put in (Boat browser, SystemCleanup_Intek)
    13. Replaced lenovo launcher with the newer version - 3.2.2
    14. Replaced Email and Exchange APKs with hacked version (which won't enforce PIN lock on corporate exchange network)

Lenovo apps left are - LeUpgrade, Phone Manager (Not sure what its use) and LenovoStore

How to flash:
    Come on; its a SZB, you know how to do that. Just brush (read flash ;)) it.

What else to do
    Well, nothing!

Please note that this will format data partition.

Download Link (Google Drive): http://goo.gl/Lpo3Y

Some intentional debloating (If you wish to use those features):
    - I had removed liblenovo_liveeffect_library.so from /system/lib/ as it was around 8 mb. It was necessary to have all latest google apps in system partition. It's used for special effects through the magic wand icon in the bundled camera app. If you wish to have those effects, extract this file into /system/lib with permissions rw-r--r--
    - Of course if there's not enough space on system partition for that file, Replace the autorun.iso in /system/media/ with the one attached, it will save you around 10-11mb in the system parition as it contains LeDrivers.msi (also attached), which you can keep instead in SD card (All files attached)
    - There's also an issue with adding APNs in some regions (which is an issue with chinese ROMs in general). To be able to add APNs, replace the attached telephony.db into /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases with permissions rw-rw-rw-

You are welcome.