[DEV][PORT] FirefoxOS to S3 i9300

Search This thread

Gioyik

Jan 30, 2012
Ibague
[Issue Building][B2G] Porting FirefoxOS tto the S3 i9300

Hi,

I am a working Porting FirefoxOS to the S3 i9300, but i have a problem with the gralloc_module.cpp, so this is the log:

Code:
b2g/application.ini
b2g/libnspr4.so
target thumb C++: gralloc.i9300 <= hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp: In function 'int gralloc_lock(const gralloc_module_t*, const native_handle_t*, int, int, int, int, int, void**)':
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:386: error: 'GRALLOC_USAGE_YUV_ADDR' was not declared in this scope
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp: At global scope:
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: error: 'gralloc_module_t' has no non-static data member named 'getphys'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::info'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::finfo'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::xdpi'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::ydpi'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::fps'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::enableVSync'
make: *** [out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gralloc.i9300_intermediates/gralloc_module.o] Error 1

real    1m57.225s
user    1m53.015s
sys     0m23.001s

> Build failed! <

Build with |./build.sh -j1| for better messages
If all else fails, use |rm -rf objdir-gecko| to clobber gecko and

Could some help me with this? I like continue with the Port but i can't find a patch to solve this. The repo where there are all the files of the Port is this

https://github.com/Droid2Fox.

The repo that has the library wrong is this:

https://github.com/Droid2Fox/android_hardware_samsung

I work with the ICS branch, not with the Jellybeam.

Thanks

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Ok from what your error says I think the lines you need to pay attention to in the error is the following lines.

Code:
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: error: 'gralloc_module_t' has no non-static data member named 'getphys'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::info'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::finfo'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::xdpi'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::ydpi'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::fps'
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:480: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::enableVSync'

In your build folder look in hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp and look at line 480 of that file. Now without being able to look at that file I can not tell you anymore about it. But that is what i read from your error.

Reactions: virtual-metal

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I am a working Porting FirefoxOS to the S3 i9300, but i have a problem with the gralloc_module.cpp, so this is the log:
This reply might seem insulting, but it's impossible for me to know what previous knowledge the original poster has...

Do you understand the errors and warnings that the compiler is generating? What have you done already in order to try and diagnose the errors/warnings? What were the results (if any?)

Are you a developer who is fluent with c++, or are you only looking for someone to provide patches to make things work for you?

Thanks
Gary

Gioyik

Jan 30, 2012
Ibague
Hi,

I understand the warnings that generates the compiler, and i am trying to declare those functions, but i am not good with C++. I create a patch for the Cammerawrapper.cpp before, but for this i don't understand so much how to fix it. I have been some changes, i can declare some functions but it continues giving problems with other functions that are not declared. I found this:

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=peop...b;hb=24a9e234b68b3f44f0f0dbe7dc7efc8f0d57808d

It's good, it solve the 80% not the 100% of the issue, because it fails again because the 'GRALLOC_USAGE_YUV_ADDR' is not declared.

So, i post this in XDA, because i know that there are a lot of devs that knows too much than me about this, and possibly someone has a solution for this. I am not rude and i don't like that other do the work for me, it's only a Post to ask if someone pass for this before and got a solution.

Thanks for you're answers.

cpu999

Sep 7, 2011
Hi,

I understand the warnings that generates the compiler, and i am trying to declare those functions, but i am not good with C++. I create a patch for the Cammerawrapper.cpp before, but for this i don't understand so much how to fix it. I have been some changes, i can declare some functions but it continues giving problems with other functions that are not declared. I found this:

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=peop...b;hb=24a9e234b68b3f44f0f0dbe7dc7efc8f0d57808d

It's good, it solve the 80% not the 100% of the issue, because it fails again because the 'GRALLOC_USAGE_YUV_ADDR' is not declared.

So, i post this in XDA, because i know that there are a lot of devs that knows too much than me about this, and possibly someone has a solution for this. I am not rude and i don't like that other do the work for me, it's only a Post to ask if someone pass for this before and got a solution.

Thanks for you're answers.

or you could just build aosp ics and copy whatever the error says it cannot build into the b2g out...

Gioyik

Jan 30, 2012
Ibague
Re: [Issue Building][B2G] Porting FirefoxOS tto the S3 i9300

Yes could be a solution. I will try. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Gioyik

Jan 30, 2012
Ibague
Note: This is not a question or helping post, this is for Devs interested in continue with the Port of FirefoxOS to i9300

Hi,

My name is Giovanny, and i was trying to make the Port of FirefoxOS to S3 i9300. I have some work ready and some patches ready to build some parts of the port but i can't cotinue making it, because i have some problems compiling that i can resolve myself. I am not a great Android Developer, i know somethings but i am not an expert. For that reason i like share my work with XDA, if there's a Dev interested in make the Port succesfull. This is my Organization account in GIthub:

https://github.com/Droid2Fox

There, i have all the sources ready to start building the Port, it has problem building thats bad for me, because i don't know how to resolve it. :( If you're interested in continue with the Port you can follow those steps:

Steps:
  • Clone the repo: https://github.com/Droid2Fox/B2G
  • Into the repo directory run in the terminal: ./config.sh i9300
  • When it finishes the download of sources: ./build.sh
  • And flash with the finally package

For more information visit:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US...lug=Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Building_Boot_to_Gecko
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US...Firefox_OS/Preparing_for_your_first_B2G_build

What's the problem with the Port:
  • Problems with galloc library
  • Problems when compile ./test.....js
  • Possibly other problems

I know that someone can do it more easier, i have some time ago doing this but i can't resolve all the problems, for that reason i decide that other Devs interested can complete this. :)

Thanks so much, i will be reading if someone is working on it.

Last edited:

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Merged the two "firefox i9300" threads (both started by the same person in the same section) together.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok from what your error says I think the lines you need to pay attention to in the error is the following lines.

Code:

In your build folder look in hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp and look at line 480 of that file. Now without being able to look at that file I can not tell you anymore about it. But that is what i read from your error.