FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q][CAMERA] Xperia Z2 Camera

3,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,461

By xperiax10.awesome, Senior Member on 6th June 2014, 08:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys,
I recently switched from Xperia Z1 to Z2 and m really disappointed with the Camera performance. Ideally Z1 and Z2 camera should give me same result but somehow my Z2's pictures arn't cmng good.
I am talking about night/low light shots, even my Z1 is giving me better result than Z2 !!! Is my set faulty or everybody is facing this issue?

Second thing, when I am selection anything more than 8MP, in manual mode - the option of scene selection gets disabled? Why???

6th June 2014, 09:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
15.5 and 20.7 mp disable scenes and hdr. Wasn't the same in z1?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 11:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duk3r

15.5 and 20.7 mp disable scenes and hdr. Wasn't the same in z1?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

agree, but how about Image Quality - my Z1 giving better results than Z2?
6th June 2014, 11:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiax10.awesome

agree, but how about Image Quality - my Z1 giving better results than Z2?

You're the only one I think with this problem. Most agree that image quality is considerably improved from z1 especially lowlight. Not sure what else to stay.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to zodiac100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zodiac100 Ad-Free
6th June 2014, 02:47 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac100

You're the only one I think with this problem. Most agree that image quality is considerably improved from z1 especially lowlight. Not sure what else to stay.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Dude - check this thread below and compare the pictures, m not JUST saying - I have both Z1 and Z2 to compare !!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2673226
6th June 2014, 05:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

Dude - check this thread below and compare the pictures, m not JUST saying - I have both Z1 and Z2 to compare !!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2673226

I too have both phones. The Z2 is a definite improvement in IQ compared to the Z1, low light shots are way better! you must have a duff device as MOST agree that the camera is definitely one area it excels over the Z1 for sure.
6th June 2014, 05:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
But camera module of z1 and 2 are still the same correct? If thats the case then I believe there are some massive update to the software. Hope it will come to Z1 eventually. I did notice the file size seems to be bigger than z2, so maybe shots are less compressed now.
6th June 2014, 06:23 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 397

More
Maybe you have a bad device? I'm sure there is some variance to these components.
6th June 2014, 06:29 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1000

Maybe you have a bad device? I'm sure there is some variance to these components.

can I ask Sony to replace it? How will I justify???
6th June 2014, 06:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:

Hi Guys,
I recently switched from Xperia Z1 to Z2 and m really disappointed with the Camera performance. Ideally Z1 and Z2 camera should give me same result but somehow my Z2's pictures arn't cmng good.
I am talking about night/low light shots, even my Z1 is giving me better result than Z2 !!! Is my set faulty or everybody is facing this issue?

I too switched from Z1 to Z2. IMO, image quality on the Z2 is much better than Z1 in night / low light / indoor shots. In daylight shots however the Z1 shots are sharper (maybe due to different processing), Z2 shots (daylight) tend to be softer especially towards the edges / distant objects, but have less noise than Z1. Overall, I think Z2 camera is better but needs some tweaking around for daylight shots.

BTW, I'm on second Z2 (first one had touchscreen issues) and both had similar camera results vs Z1 (which was also replaced thrice before).
6th June 2014, 07:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 397

More
Quote:

can I ask Sony to replace it? How will I justify???

That would all depend on how you bought the device and what your local return policies look like.
The Following User Says Thank You to se1000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift se1000 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)