UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 for Intl Optimus G (E975)

Search This thread

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
@tim, i think the only way to benefit your feature from your operator is to flash original rom,root it and remove bloat.CM is build from source, while operators rom is heavily tweaked and modified,resulting incompatibilities between them.You must choose what you want,CM or LG .There is no between,at least not yet.
And don't forget this rom is ment for E975(b,c,d,e,f,k) versions only,not korean or japanese.Although it may seem identical,there are small differences which cause issues.Take your problems,look at nick's.
Besides, this project is too young :) and it needs alot of time to grow.All you need is to be patient.
ROFL man, ok ill describe it slowly:

There a huge wifi area available almost everywhere operated by my wireless operator (Korea Telecom), and the wifi network arent free for anyone but korea telecom users.

So there 2 AP spots: Protected and open one.
Open one is using Phone model and MAC identification or web login/password. Its supposed for non KT users or for those who cant use the secured one on their phones (Google Nexus or iPhone)

Secured one using security certificate which preinstalled in the rom (In case of android except Nexus series) or which can be installed through olleh.com (Only for iPhone and Bada)

So i cant use the open spot cause phone model mismatch (Its asking me for login and password, which i dont have to enter since im KT user) and either unable to use protected one cause no certificate installed (Just cant connect to it)

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Found another trouble with camera - focus doesnt work

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Like i said,it's only the begining.use 3rd party app for camera.i use lgcamerapro,but there are plenty on playstore.
About wifi,why don't you try to extract the files you need and push them to /system/app?

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
About wifi,why don't you try to extract the files you need and push them to /system/app?
facepalm.jpg, my problem is not wifi, wifi works perfectly.
Problem IS on this rom my phone identifying itself as E975 instead of F180K so i cant use my provider's wifi.

Last edited:

kiwinazgul

Jul 24, 2012

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
We need first a solid,bug free base.then we can talk :).
Maybe we'll have asylum rom or even slim bean roms.
No good in having alot of buggy roms.
Don't get me wrong,i'd like to see many devs here,but what's the point in having N roms with the same bugs?
Not to mention the fact we are not many E975 users:).at least not now.in romania this phone was launched on 21st march.3 weeks ago and it's quite expensive now.in 2-3 months the price will lower and more and more users will buy it.i guess it's the same all over the world.

Sent via LG E975 pwd by CM 10.1 from Chad

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Flashed lates version. White balance ssems like works normal, but focus still missing. When you tap on screen it shows the focusing animation, but in fact it doesnt focus.

Calls (Incoming/outgoing), sms etc all works fine

P.S. After flashing radio didnt gone yay

Last edited:

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
i was thinking, can't we have the original LG E975 cam apk and libs intergrated to this rom to make the cam fully working? :cowboy:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Please fix the modem, so we can use the phone for what its actually for? :(

We can't fix modem, modem are taken from stock rom and we don't even know is changed in these.

Is there anyway to rename the device back to F180K?

Because since ive installed the cm, i cant connect to my operator wifi anymore.
Also is it possible to pull a certificate from the stock rom? Its required to use my provider's secure wifi spots

You can change that in build.prop

Anyone having trouble getting Deep Sleep? Else I guess I have to hunt what is causing it to not sleep

try settings -> apps -> all -> media storage -> clear data -> reboot

Hi guys,

Is this the same?
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...al-lg-optimus-g-starting-with-nightly-builds/

Should be front page news on xda. Well done cynaogenmod and xda users :)
I will eventually move over but am quite comfortable with stock rom. Only wish i could change status bar to black or transparent.

Nope it is not the same, Arcee is using stock LGE kernel while we are using modified mako (nexus 4) kernel. We are currently talking with him because we believe our solution will be more profitable for everyone (mako code > lge code and mako kernel would be way easier to maintain than lge kernel)

i was thinking, can't we have the original LG E975 cam apk and libs intergrated to this rom to make the cam fully working? :cowboy:

The OEM camera app rely heavily on framework. You can't use LGE framework on CM.

Reactions: kimitza

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Nope.i think that is closed source from lg and it's heavily connected to the rest of the rom.this is the reason why almost none manufacturer camera was ported to cm/aosp/aokp/miui.only pure vanilla from google can be modified to fit almost any device.
Damn chad,you beat me to it:))
Sent via LG E975 pwd by CM 10.1 from Chad

Last edited:

skdubg

Feb 9, 2010
with Camera-FV from Playstore you can get a non-green picture sometimes for the cam.

i hope there will be a full functionally fix for this in the near future

NickereN2O

Mar 21, 2013
Aalborg

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
This is good news. Bought the phone yesterday and rooted it already. Now there seems to be a reason to unlock as well. Thank you BBQ.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, at popular demand, here is the CM10.1 rom for E975.

What is working

Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamLGOG

Using google URL short link because our organization name is not a safe word. Not to say that I didn't choose the name.

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom. I will post a first rom soon, it will be really early alpha tho and bug reporting is welcome to make a good list of things to fix. Any help is also welcome.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KERNEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Shelnutt2

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

(If a rom is labelled notouch or donotflash, i recommand you to not flash it.)

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    @chadouming, project stopped? because there are no nightlies since the 23 of july.

No it is not stopped, i'm just trying to get that damn CM10.2 to boot.
    Asked by skdubg but i thought it would be good to share with you. Same rom, built with GCC 4.7 instead of 4.6

http://ribs.bbqdroid.org/gcc47/cm-10.1-20130429-UNOFFICIAL-geehrc_intl.zip