[Q] Tried to install lightOrange ROM and gio gets stuck at loading screen.

Search This thread

Bogdan_S5660

Jan 21, 2014
Hey guys!

Sorry if this matter has already been approaced, but... i wouldn't know what keywords to search for.

I have a Gio, that came with gingerbread 2.3.4 and was updated to 2.3.6 via samsung update app.
Due to veeeery low internal storage i need a lighter rom so i thought of LightOrange v7. Wasn't keen on it but something had to be changed.
My device wasn't rooted, so i made no backups of any apps or the rom that was already on it, nor did i have any rom managers installed.

I went into cfw (i understand it's called - power button + home key) and from there i selected update from sd card. The new rom installed with the pretty interface, and when it was done it told me to reboot.
At startup, the first startup screen appeeared (the one where "samsung" is the only word) and then went to the second screen (where it says ~samsung galaxy gio S5660) and it got stuck there.

I entered the cfw again, and did a factory reset, clear cache, reinstall and so on, but all i get is the phone getting stuck at that second startup screen.
So... what is there to do?
Will another rom placed on the sd card -> installing from cfw do the trick? or is my path to repairing the device longer? :)

D

Deleted member 5658933

Hey

I'm not sure if installing a new rom over the old one will help, you can always try I guess :p
But you can also just start for scratch and just get your phone back to stock rom using this guide: THIS

And if I'm understanding you correctly you didnt install any recovery to backup and install the custom rom? Because I think you're going to need CWM as recovery.

Hope it helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogdan_S5660

Jan 21, 2014
Solved.

Installed clockworkmod from sd card, using the default "update from sd card'".
And from there installing a rom was as simple as it should be :)

It would have been usefull if someone had given me this solution as a reply to my thread...