[LG Ks20] [20Oct09] WM6.1 KisS20.5b Rom (5.2.20755) [WWE]

Search This thread

mathieulh

Jan 9, 2008
Paris
Thank you for your feedback. That's exactly the kind of problems I expected and that's why this rom is in beta stage.

Fixed in upcoming release

There's a tool called Autoprofile.exe in windows directory and I put a bunch of xml files for operator selection. Start menu shortcut is missing though. It'll be there in next release. Is this what you were talking about or is this something else ?

Could you please tell me more about this ? What do you mean by "partially compatible" ? Are other WM6.1 roms for htc phones supporting this completely ? If so, do you know how or what I should do to test (I don't speak chinese or japanese) ?

Yes it is autoprofile I was talking about.

About the CE-star issue, the IME and characters work fine inside applications (like word, opera etc etc) but not outside (in the main windows menus, for instance the kanjis for the date do not appear, the characters for word document names do not appear when in japanese etc etc) I suspect it is likely a font issue.

I did not test it myself on HTC but so far reports mentionned that it is working fine on HTC roms last time I checked.

aw_joki

Mar 26, 2008
WM 6.1 Ks20

Hi...

i see you have some problems with the new rom... i hope you fix that
and i hope u make a SWE version of the rom from the WWE version
when it is release...
i have folow all work on the work of Ks20

and i trying to learn your kitchen....

catfishboy

Nov 24, 2007
Hi spocky,

Thanks for your great job!:D

Hoping that the new release Rom would include the SDHC driver inside since the
original KS20 Rom only support 2G memory card. It'll be a great advantage for this driver pre-installed in the Rom.

Thanks

gregnapola

Jan 10, 2008
...I want to share my experience about this ROM, but first of all ...a brief history of my Ks20:

- Originally it has 10c Tim BRANDED italian Rom
- Flashed with 10a HKG "Hybrid" ROM then unlocked (to make the phone work)

Yesterday I tried to flash it with Spocky's wwe unbranded Rom; flashing process was right but then .nv2 wasn't restored (LGMDP said "nv2 backup not exist" or something similar) and so the phone gave me "Invalid OTP block" error. Obviously IMEI number wasn't set and phone couldn't work...I tried to restore .nv2 file ( I have 3 or more back-up of it...;) ) but LGMDP wasn't able to find it in any way ( I tried to rename the folder as 000000-00-000000 too...). Then I re-flashed my phone with 10a HKG Rom in emergency mode without restoring original .nv2 because in LGMDP there were no option to restore it after selecting rom image; Finally I manually restored .nv2 original file after the flashing process was completed...and now all is working.

My question is: why wasn't lgmdp able to restore nv file ?

RedWave31

May 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
To my mind, you may have made a mistake by choosing an unbranded rom over a branded device....
Usually, unbranded roms on branded devices requires branded sub-rom files to make hybrid unbranded roms. (See the post on making your own unbranded roms). You should have tried the branded version of the roms, that would have included the 10 *.mbz files...

Anyway, another post already stated that anyone flashing should make a double backup using QPST & LGMP of their NV2 files.... QPST is more than able to restore a nv2 file no matter the state of the phone.... Try it ;-)

dussel

Jul 25, 2007
Mannheim
Hi,

i flash a unbranded German 10e Version with the KisS20.2 WWE unbranded. The problem is now that the KS20 show "Unavailable OTP Block" in Windows. I found a here how i can resolve the problem by when i try to flash my KS20 in Emergency Mode the LGMDP says "Error! Security Mode". Can somebody help me?

Dear Dussel

spocky12

Recognized Developer
Are you sure your phone is really unbranded ? (Note that this has nothing to do with sim unlock.)
Normally, unbranded rom should not display this kind of message on unbranded phones.
I don't have an unbranded phone, so I can't help much on this.

Can anybody confirm KisS unbranded rom is working on his unbranded phone, please ?

gregnapola

Jan 10, 2008
Are you sure your phone is really unbranded ? (Note that this has nothing to do with sim unlock.)

Of course, it has nothing to do with sim unlock...

I flashed my phone with 10aHKG Unbranded Rom and after that there is no boot logo, no proprietary software, nothing at all...just a stupid question: how can we establish if a phone is branded or unbranded ? Does this depends on the ROM or .nv2 file contents? In this case I'll try to re-flash it with BRANDED version.. :) edit: found the answer to my questions in the other topic....and using my head :p

Last edited:

dussel

Jul 25, 2007
Mannheim
Hi spocky12,

i thought i got an Unbranded but i got a branded KS20. Have you got a solution for my problem?

Dear Dussel

PauloJ5

Apr 7, 2008
I have never flashed a ROM before and thus am a bit anxious. Is it possible to back up the current ROM installed on the phone, in case I inevitably make a hash of it. Or does anyone know if LG will allow a firmware update that you used to do on non WM phones ?

xUmaRix

Apr 24, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I have never flashed a ROM before and thus am a bit anxious. Is it possible to back up the current ROM installed on the phone, in case I inevitably make a hash of it. Or does anyone know if LG will allow a firmware update that you used to do on non WM phones ?

there is a thread on how to backup your current ROM.It could be done by isutils.Just use the search function mate.I guess KS20 wont get bricked because you could reflash in emergency mode.

PauloJ5

Apr 7, 2008
Cheers - I probably wont try it with this one, but if the next update works I'll give it ago. My KS20 works pretty well at the moment.

gregnapola

Jan 10, 2008
Just flashed with branded ROM.... All right!!!! ;) Now...Let's test it :p

Last edited: